Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) (2368 Views)

300-Level FUTA Student Commits Suicide In Ondo (Photo) / FUTA Student Condemned to Wheelchair By Accident, Finishes BSc 14 Yrs After / Adu Iyanu: FUTA Student Builds 100wh Laptop Power Bank, Power Station & Lamp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by BornorBang: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
Update from SIGGY .ng

Great Nkor, a nigerian student from the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) has risen beyond all odds to bag Bachelor’s Degree despite his pitiful condition, Siggy reports.

Great Nkor got the scars when he was a kid as a result of a fire accident he was involved in, from which he suffered lots of injuries.

He had to go through 17 surgeries in South Africa which were all sponsored by MTN.

After the fire incident which left a series of scars on him including his face, the young Nigerian man suffered several mental stress as a result of his looks coupled with the financial setbacks of his parent.

In 2009, MTN contacted his parent, expressing their desire to support him through several surgeries and educational support. Great Nkor was eventually flown out of the country where he had about 17 surgeries fully sponsored by MTN.

The telecom giants award scholarships yearly to Nigerian Undergraduates, supporting every chosen undergraduate with a sum of N200,000 annually until graduation. The Scholarship Award for this year was announced earlier in the month of July and was closed in August.

Great Nkor benefitted a lot from the MTN Foundation Scholarships and was proud to disclose that he had bagged a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and Product Design from the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).

He posted a picture on his Linkedin with the caption: “A degree hotter, All thanks to the Almighty”.

In a video produced by MTN, Great Nkor and his parent tells his story and how he has become “Great” just like his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlW2UEuQVec

https://campusnews.medium.com/futa-student-grabs-bachelor-degree-despite-17-face-surgeries-video-commentary-20ebc268ba11

2 Likes

Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by habsydiamond(m): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
Congratulations handsome man..

5 Likes

Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Dreamliner787(m): 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
I dey see this guy well well for South gate naw.. he is on black nose masks most times.. congrats bro

3 Likes

Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by MVLOX(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
I see determination and resilience

1 Like

Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by timibare(m): 5:50am On Dec 11, 2021
MTN brand ambassador
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Akporo1234: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2021
Congratulations
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by JavaScript9091: 9:04am On Dec 11, 2021
I love very determine people. Also, kudos to mtn
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Mavinsoladele(m): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2021
Dreamliner787:
I dey see this guy well well for South gate naw.. he is on black nose masks most times.. congrats bro
You are a futarian??

I'm in FUTA too
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Mummytoo: 10:29am On Dec 11, 2021
We thank God almighty

When MTN first showed advert on this guy, with the parents saying his life story, cold catch me

We are proud of u boy
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Lordswazz(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2021
Congratulations man! I dey usually see MTN advert wey feature am and him story on TV, and you can tell he's a handsome young man if not for the scars.

Go and accomplish great things young man, you are limitless.
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Sacred007: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2021
sad I guess he has the same scar as Seal's
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Dreamliner787(m): 5:01am On Dec 12, 2021
Mavinsoladele:
You are a futarian??

I'm in FUTA too

Ohh wow, which faculty you dey?
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Mavinsoladele(m): 7:18am On Dec 12, 2021
Dreamliner787:

Ohh wow, which faculty you dey?

Faculty of science. Microbiology specifically.

What about you? Which department? Your level?
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Dreamliner787(m): 9:16am On Dec 12, 2021
Mavinsoladele:

Faculty of science. Microbiology specifically.

What about you? Which department? Your level?

SEMS.. Meteorology, 400lvl
And you?.. what level?
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Mavinsoladele(m): 10:01am On Dec 12, 2021
Dreamliner787:

SEMS.. Meteorology, 400lvl
And you?.. what level?

100 level, fresher grin grin

Where do you reside??
Re: FUTA Student Grabs Bachelor Degree Despite 17 Face Surgeries (Video Commentary) by Dreamliner787(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2021
Mavinsoladele:

100 level, fresher grin grin

Where do you reside??

Shit!! grin grin
West gate bro

(1) (Reply)

Students Protest As Lecturer Smashes Iphone 11 Pro Max Of Student (VIDEO) / Fiit Just Offered Me Admission Into Nd 1 / Kano State University Of Sceince&tech Wudil.merit List Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.