Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen (1518 Views)

This App Have Lots Of Online Games To Play / Most Stupid Quotes I've Seen On Nairaland Phone Section / Samsung Galaxy A10s Is The Worst And Most Crappy Samsung I Have Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by kannex: 1:28am On Dec 11, 2021
Ok have been hearing of this app for a long time now so i decided to just download this app and see for my self what make this app so stupid.

When i open this app, it launch and straigh to the landing page and these are the wrong things i notice
1. The color combination look like nairaland so poor design juat green and white the landing page ui and color look like a an app that was developed during 90's or early 2000's how ob earth can i design an app like this in 2021 that look so archaic wow and this website is coming from a minister .

Ok i decided to register, immediately i input my details i was waiting for verification code but unfortunately the code didnt arrive after so many trial i decided to just click on verify without inputing any code and walal it open and take me straight to the setup page
2. How on earth will a social media app not have a proper messaging system that will just send a verifivation code in betweeen 10-15 sec of registration.
3. How on earth will they develop a social media app that can just be easily trick, even worst till the extend one can just verify a phone number without inputing a verification code or what so ever and it will just take the user straigh to the home page without a proper verification process.
Well after that am in the hope page what i notice immdeiately make me delete the app, ok now am in the hope page instead of the app to show me atleast 5 to 10 people to follow as it is done by all social media app to get me started right away NO, nstead it requested for my permission to fetch all my contact, and i was like what tha Bleep is this why cant u just show me a list of people who are in the platform so i can follow who or what am intrested in rather than requesting for my permission to gain acess to my contact what tha Bleep do you need it for, what.other social media company like facebook, instagram youtube, twitter etc is to set an algorithm that will first ask the user to pick an interest or follwow a person who is in that platform not asking for a permission to gain acess to my contact, then immediately the new user have pick an interest or follow a member of the platform, then the app will once in a while suggest people or brand to the user based on the the choice of the member not asking user to give permission to my contact list. So i decided not to grand acess could u believe it never show me where.i can follow a member, my home page was blank no content because am not following anyone ok i decide to add people it keeps on telling me to give acess it acess to my contact ok, finally did, and it took several minute for it to load the numbers on my contact list and still not load anything, my question is why will they be demanding for acess to my contact before i can follow a member and surprisingly non of my conact uses this so call crowwe app so even if the contact have shown up on the app i will still not be able to follow anyone because non of them uses this app. My news feed was blank no content was displaying like images, text, video or what so ever so i became frustrated and decide to delete, flush and unistall the app

My take on the app.
The ui of the app look like a 1990's website nairaland and that so call crowwe app has no diffrent in terms of design
The app is just like nigerian government very frustrating and annoying.
Costomer experience 0% i mean very very very very poor
This app is the most stippppppppid app have ever come accross.
Costomer satisfaction % very very very very poor
The app is just a tool to put nigerians on check.
The app is a scam it is not a social media app it just an app to track nigerians who speak the truth against the government.
The app is a tool to collect users data.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by ahogo: 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
And to imaging that,this very app was design by one fool who think he can become the president of Nigeria, we don suffer for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by Snapchat: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2021
No this app was not developed by a minister. Adamu Garba, Clowwe owner is different from Pantami, the minister of communications and digital economy.
Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2021
Bad belle won’t kill you. Biased review. Doesn’t WhatsApp have access to your contacts? Make I see Road Abeg.

You guys have been criticizing Nairaland for years but haven’t left. Why?

1 Like

Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by Rareoil(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2021
iLoveYouToo:
Bad belle won’t kill you. Biased review. Doesn’t WhatsApp have access to your contacts? Make I see Road Abeg.

WhatsApp is an instant messenger, it requires your phone number to identify you, crowwe is not an instant messenger, so it makes no sense requesting your contacts.

My take is to avoid that app.

2 Likes

Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
Rareoil:

WhatsApp is an instant messenger, it requires your phone number to identify you, crowwe is not an instant messenger, so it makes no sense requesting your contacts.

My take is to avoid that app.

If the government wanted your contacts you think it’s Crowwe they’ll use?
Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by Rareoil(m): 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

If the government wanted your contacts you think it’s Crowwe they’ll use?

Oga crowwe has no business asking for your contact list, it like a policeman asking you for your account number

3 Likes

Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by halfbloodprince(m): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
Rareoil:

Oga crowwe has no business asking for your contact list, it like a policeman asking you for your account number

You’re arguing software with someone who is clearly aiming at something completely different, if you catch my drift. You’re talking about an entire SN platform and he’s bringing up WhatsApp. That should have been your cue to not bother yourself again my brother

5 Likes

Re: Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen by kannex: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

I want to ask why havent facebook or twitter request for acess to your contact list when things are not done that way, have you ever come across twitter or facebook asking you for permission for you to grant it acess to your contact list? Whatsapp that you mention is quite diffrent from facebook.
Pls ask yourself this why will the app be.asking for permission to gain acess to my contact list before i can follow a member, to you does it work that way?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Usefulness Of Mp3 Phones / How Can I Use Two Lines In One Phone / My Nokia 7200 Is Giving Me Problem. Somebody Plz Help Me Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.