Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. (1089 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. / Dangers Of Placing Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by eneh49(m): 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
please help I recently got a Honda Accord 2012 last month but yesterday I noticed something that got my attention. The D light blinking on it's own even when not engaged. Please what can be the problem and solution to this.

Re: D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by ade95: 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2021
Rule número uno ! Take the car for scanning

Return with code … you will get help on the forum … do not , I repeat do not let any Kazeem just dip their hand in your car ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by eneh49(m): 7:59am On Dec 12, 2021
ade95:
Rule número uno ! Take the car for scanning

Return with code … you will get help on the forum … do not , I repeat do not let any Kazeem just dip their hand in your car ok

Thank you
Re: D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by selfmadeOLX(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
That’s why the previous user sold it. Transmission on on it’s way to iron condemn.

1 Like

Re: D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by olumzzz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
eneh49:

Thank you
Also check if the ATF "guage"
Re: D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by buygala(m): 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
selfmadeOLX:
That’s why the previous user sold it. Transmission on on it’s way to iron condemn.

Calm down ...Op has not stated that he is having any driveability issues with the vehicle, aside the queer blinking D light...

It could something as simple as a dirty solenoid...or even a 'D' light-bulb that's shaking in its sitting or on its way out...or one of the 'D' light wirings having partial contact with the N light wirings in the instrument cluster...I drive same generation of accord and both the N and D lights are not supposed to be on at the same time...same with other cars I have driven..

A scan will pinpoint the culprit...as long it isn't the shaky, comatose or partial contact light-bulb thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by eneh49(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
selfmadeOLX:

I doubt sir! The car was bought new June this year from from Us and was sold to me this year November. Previous owner sold it because of financial problem which am aware of. The car is in top notch expect the recent blinking of D light.
Re: D Light In The Dashboard Keeps Blinking. by eneh49(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
buygala:

Calm down ...Op has not stated that he is having any driveability issues with the vehicle, aside the queer blinking D light...

It could something as simple as a dirty solenoid...or even a 'D' light-bulb that's shaking in its sitting or on its way out...or one of the 'D' light wirings having partial contact with the N light wirings in the instrument cluster...I drive same generation of accord and both the N and D lights are not supposed to be on at the same time...same with other cars I have driven..

A scan will pinpoint the culprit...as long it isn't the shaky, comatose or partial contact light-bulb thing

Thank so much buygala, a man renowned for his detailed explanation grin ( I started following you since the day I came across your advertisement on your first car (Honda baby boy)
I'll take the car for scan this weekend and return with code. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

This Hausa Bike Man Just Surprised Me / Honda Civic 2008 Or Toyota Camry 2005 / Track Your Vehicle, Anytime, Anywhere.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.