Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. (1746 Views)

9 Places Car VIN (vehicle Identification Number) Is Located (Photos) / See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / VIN Tampering: A Case Study /Imgdump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by Muddy18: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hi house, I just acquired a lexus as Tokunbo, I have done all the documents only for a friend to check the dashboard and discover that the vin is not written here. Do I have to worry about this.

Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by ospreywin(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
No cause for alarm, just make sure the one visible corresponds with your vehicle documents.
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by Muddy18: 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2021
ospreywin:
No cause for alarm, just make sure the one visible corresponds with your vehicle documents.
. Thank you very much sir
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by diportivo: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
Muddy18:
Hi house, I just acquired a lexus as Tokunbo, I have done all the documents only for a friend to check the dashboard and discover that the vin is not written here. Do I have to worry about this.

the only thing to worry about is your friend
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by Muddy18: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
diportivo:

the only thing to worry about is your friend
He said that is the first place Police will check
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by diportivo: 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2021
Muddy18:

He said that is the first place Police will check

another reason to worry about him

he has a lot of false prophesies on this ur ride

better enjoy ur thing and stop worrying altogether
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by Joehigashi(m): 5:07am On Dec 12, 2021
I believe you have nothing to worry provided the Vin on your custom papers tallies with your car Vin which can be located in 2 other places other than the dashboard I.e the vehicle chassis and the driver side panel.

Your friend was just being concerned about you because in this part of the world, policemen throw all decorum to the wind and shamelessly do their possible best just to extort vehicle users. Once you have confirmed the chassis number tallies, you have nothing to fear.

Looking at the picture, if all I have said helps you locate and confirm the Vin number, it just points out that the windshield of this particular vehicle probably was replaced.

Regards

3 Likes

Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by TPound(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
Muddy18:

Could be that the vehicle was accidented and the previous dashboard was affected and a change done

2 Likes

Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by MARKone(m): 5:46am On Dec 13, 2021
Until those illiterate policemen that dots the road stops you. Better go swear an affidavit in court that the vin on the dash was not there when you bought the car, Nigeria policemen will fustrate you.

2 Likes

Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by diportivo: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2021
MARKone:
Until those illiterate policemen that dots the road stops you. Better go swear an affidavit in court that the vin on the dash was not there when you bought the car, Nigeria policemen will fustrate you.

na wa o
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by erico2k2(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2021
TPound:

Could be that the vehicle was accidented and the previous dashboard was affected and a change done
This is the correct answer, one quick way to find out the correct vin is to plug a scanner into the OBD11 port, the real Vin is stored in the ECU plus real Mileage. So OP to put your mind at rest do it!

2 Likes

Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by Angrygoat: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Like say he get 100k for coloured advanced scanner
erico2k2:

This is the correct answer, one quick way to find out the correct vin is to plug a scanner into the OBD11 port, the real Vin is stored in the ECU plus real Mileage. So OP to put your mind at rest do it!
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by erico2k2(m): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Angrygoat:
Like say he get 100k for coloured advanced scanner
well he dnt need to own one he can pay someone to plug it in
Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by Presegs(m): 12:57am On Dec 24, 2021
erico2k2:

Valid, but many people don't have a scanner. Anyways, I have a pocketable Launch creader 3001 2021 version car scanner going for N25,000 promo price, which will end in a few days.

Call or Whatsapp 0 8 0 5 0 8 4 4 0 3 3 to buy asap at the promo price before it goes back to N40,000, its official price.

Re: My Dashboard Vin Nos Tampered With. by phemmyfour: 11:55am On Feb 01, 2022
Muddy18:
Check the driver door side, the Vin should be there

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Camry 96 Brake Malfuction!!! / 10 Most Dangerous Roads In The World. (feeble Hearts Are Advised To Stay Away) / Extremely Clean 2004 Toyota Corrolla Up For Grab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.