Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals (23732 Views)

How We Foiled Attempts To Bomb Lagos, By Fashola / Ambode’s Lawyers: We Foiled EFCC Plot Of Planting Foreign Currency In His House / RT. Hon. Mulikat Adeola Akande Of PDP Oyo North Senatorial Rally Today-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by FLYFIRE(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2021
Rugaria:
I hope this finally puts to rest the wicked false notion being spread by afonjas that Jonathan intentionally marginalized them during his administration. You guys voted to be slaves as usual to your Fulani lords and we can see how it all worked out for Nigeria today. I blame Jonathan for being stupidly soft. He should have made you guys pay heavily for that..

Presently, I also think that most of the political jostling going on in the south west today is not for them to take over from Buhari. No! They don't have the confidence nor ambition to make such categorical demands! I think the south west is basically trying to reach agreements with the north for bigger crumbs from the fulani table!

Fact of the matter is that politically and economically, the yorubas have consciously and willingly surrendered to their fulani lords. This is pure fear and cowardice. Forget all the exotic talks about "alliances" and all that. They're mortified at the sight of the fulani... And most dangerously, the Fulani actively treats them like slaves.. it's unbelievable..
Must you abuse President Jonathan for being CIVIL in his dealings or YOU ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID? What are you doing with the way bubu is doing today

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Guyman02: 11:00am On Dec 13, 2021
PaChukwudi44:
Later Yorubas came to claim GEJ marginalised them.Imagine a whole region giving up the number 4 position to massage the ego of a kleptomaniac godfather
Same way they claimed that Igbos didn't vote for Abiola only to be bursted that Abiola got 48% of the votes in South East which had their son Sylvester Ugoh contesting as Vice President to the other major political party.
Major Ademoyega was among the 5 Majors that carried out the 1966 coup but for years they called it 'Igbo coup'

3 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Ovamboland(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
more like Yoruba Muslim truncating the progress of real yorubas

I keep telling my yoruba brothers to be wary of these yoruba Muslims they call brothers especially Tinubu urchins

Okoro people trying to sow discord among Yoruba in the name of politics, epic fail.
Go to your region where you can't be anything if not Catholic or unfortunate to be born Osu.

You can see most governors in SW may be mostly Christian today, tomorrow they may all be Muslim, SW will not start killing each other over that no matter how hard you try to sow discord.

Homo Erectus culture not fully evolved can't understand how Homo Sapiens handle complex matters of statecraft to create harmony.

3 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Tamara83: 11:02am On Dec 13, 2021
Good for you people.
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Sterope(f): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2021
I have never seen this nonsense you speak off.

If SW had grabbed the number 4, it brings no guarantee the lige of an average SW will be better off.

PaChukwudi44:
Later Yorubas came to claim GEJ marginalised them.Imagine a whole region giving up the number 4 position to massage the ego of a kleptomaniac godfather
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by easzypeaszy(m): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Stop grandstanding. Can't you read. Why was Jonathan reaching out to Tinubu & Pa Akanda for a candidate in PDP when he could have asked them for a candidate in ACN. They very well saw through his manipulation.

In the meantime, President Goodluck Jonathan was pressing for a government of national unity, with a bid of sucking ACN into manipulative extinction.”

-erase the dot

u dont hv anytin to say just rest..how old are u sef..are u upto 20 let me kw if i can respond to u..u sound childish

3 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Stop grandstanding. Can't you read. Why was Jonathan reaching out to Tinubu & Pa Akanda for a candidate in PDP when he could have asked them for a candidate in ACN. They very well saw through his manipulation.

In the meantime, President Goodluck Jonathan was pressing for a government of national unity, with a bid of sucking ACN into manipulative extinction.”

-erase the dot

Nawa o. You are d one that didnt even read through
How can ACN that dont have majority in the house become speaker. Please mention any country where it is done. You left PDP member from your region to support a PDP member from another region. Please where is the sense in that?

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by 77up(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

Why would an opposition party like ACN be duty bound to assist PDP ruling party to run it's politics successfully?

On one hand you will say you're against tribal politics on another context you attack those who don't play tribal politics to elect non party members because it is their sister or brother. In chess game you sacrifice pawns to gain officers. Now SW holds speaker and VP position at the same time and in pole position to get the presidency.

Your own understanding of politics is eat everything thrown at you, spare no thought for tomorrow. ACN tomorrow just arrived and it's painful to you.
Those guys don't know anything I swear cheesy grin

I can see them even insulting yoruba already. They play politics with hatred and emotion, forgetting that you intentionally loose 1 to get 2.

No wonder they are still far behind politically and full of kneeling to get seat, thinking a political seat can be given on the plater of gold .

Their kneeling never Begin grin .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Baawaa(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2021
PaChukwudi44:
You don't understand politics, Nigeria of today tell me S/W position.
S/W is number 2
S/W is number 4
2023 S/W will be number 1,that is the game,then PDP want to use the woman to destabilize S/W.
In 2011 I was among those that was insulting for throwing away number position which belong to S/W but here we are today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Ahmeduana(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2021
mrvitalis:
So you didn't want to support a PDP member from south west but ended up supporting a PDP member from north West

This are people we call leaders
He cut his nose to spite his Head
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Ahmeduana(m): 11:13am On Dec 13, 2021
mrvitalis:
So you didn't want to support a PDP member from south west but ended up supporting a PDP member from north West

This are people we call leaders
He cut his nose to spite his Head.

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2021
I never knew that Yoruba people are like this oo kaii

3 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Guyman02: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2021
DabuIIIT:
Posterity and nature and history will never be kind to there yoruba people!!!!!!
It is said that the truth can only be suppressed but can never be hidden...
These same ingrates and abominable sacrileges kept disturbing our peace and even opened a demonic thread how the innocent GEJ marginalized and sidelined them in his govt when in fact,their own people are to blame!!!!!!

Sad thing is,these seso called leaders ottheors are still their asiwajus today and have almost sold them all and what is left of their heritage away to gambaris!!!!
I spot on these hypocrites and betryers!!!!

God shall surely judge you all.

These Igbo people eh,may God continue to bless them... people hate you when you say things the way it is.

I pity the Igbos, the amount of propaganda against them especially by Yoruba media over the years is so much and they have suffered a lot for saying and standing by the truth.
It's because we have access to internet that we are seeing the other side, Late Obadiah Mailafia apologized to them on behalf of his people who went to war in ignorance against the Igbos in 1966

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Born2Breed(f): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2021
grin grin grin

The zombies thought GEJ was the enemy.

5 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

ACN had 6 Governors + Edo state, including 18 Senators and about 50 house of rep. members.

So, Jonathan cannot ask them to pick a member from ACN members to represent the SW?

Supporting a PDP member means empowering PDP against ACN in SW politics. Do you think ACN is like a mushroom party like APGA or YPP who would vote for any other party because they have nothing to lose.

- erase the dot
Then y coming out to claim you were marginalised.
Breeze don blow, fowl yansh done open. Yet people like u is still trying to defend rubbish

5 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2021
Baawaa:

You don't understand politics, Nigeria of today tell me S/W position.
S/W is number 2
S/W is number 4
2023 S/W will be number 1,that is the game,then PDP want to use the woman to destabilize S/W.
what have they gained from the no 2&4 Osibanjo just playing d role of an errand boy,Monkey dey work Babboon dey chop. Its a pity

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Whose fault was it that you refused to vote for Ngige who could have become the Senate President under APC. You lost out totally for your thoughtlessness.

-erase the dot
Now you are beginining to talk rubbish and deviate from ur earlier stands. That's what you get when u try to twist the truth to suit you

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Awoleesu(m): 11:19am On Dec 13, 2021
This Akande's book, to my mind, serves a negative purpose of de-marketing the APC than it seeks to portray her as a master strategist party!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2021
1. ACN was under no obligation to help PDP. it's your party, it's your govt, it's your candidate, it's your speakership.
2. In politics, If you are asking me to do something for you there must be something in it for me, ACN clearly felt there was no benefit for them in supporting an unknown lightweight PDP candidate, simply because he/she was from the SW.
3. Asking for speakership position is simply a negotiating tactics. it's the kind of negotiating tactics when you have the upper hand i.e you have nothing to lose and someone wants something badly.
4. They chose to play the long game and support Tambuwal. This turned out to be to their benefit because Tambuwal later repaid the favour by later defecting and bringing down GEJ's govt and bringing APC to power.

Lesson is their politics was well played: you dont give out support if there is no upside for you. the support for Tambuwal proved to be more beneficial in the long run for the ACN and the SW than supporting an unknown SW candidate in a PDP govt.

Thats how you play politics.

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by pseudaria: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

ACN had 6 Governors + Edo state, including 18 Senators and about 50 house of rep. members.

So, Jonathan cannot ask them to pick a member from ACN members to represent the SW?

Supporting a PDP member means empowering PDP against ACN in SW politics. Do you think ACN is like a mushroom party like APGA or YPP who would vote for any other party because they have nothing to lose.

- erase the dot

You are just being foolish in your continuous grandstanding when you know the truth. A majority should allow someone from the minority become speaker. Nowhere in the world is it done. Jonathan was just a soft buffoon that's why all these shit happened. Imagine someone like odili or ibori or Duke or even attah as vp under yaradua then later became president. The likes of buhari tinubu and this old asslicker akande would have been history a long time again. I blame obj for selecting Jonathan as vp in 2007 because of his calm demeanor, it has truly cost us greatly

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Guyman02: 11:23am On Dec 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

They expect ACN to help PDP develop power center in the SW, the same party they want to kick out.
Now with that deft move SW has Speaker, VP and very good chance of presidency in 2023, unlike some people who have played politics to offside such that even VP, Speaker or Senate president looks even more impossible for them.
To the boot, there's standard gauge rail linking 3 of the SW biggest cities, two private seaport approved or under construction, world largest single trau
In refinery almost ready.

There's no Indication Lagos Ibadan SGR rail would have been started if Jonathan won 2015 election, some who did nothing tangible in SW when money was flowing will simply say there's no money. Diezani will still be buying new diamond bra
https://www.thecable.ng/extra-no-diamond-bra-recovered-from-diezani-says-bawa/amp

You people and lies, EFCC has debunked your diamond bra lies already

3 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by joefelin2345: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Hearing this from an octogenarian, very shameful. If Mulikat were to be his daughter, this is how he would have thrown her under the bus for a northerner.

Agbaya adagbamadanu angry
Exactly my brother. I concur with you. Thank God, Tanbuwa later disappointed them. Now they are expecting Mulikat & her people to vote for them in their bid to become the President of Nigeria come 2023 abi? We are waiting. They will hear ween. These are the so called ..Awolowo..disciples. Would Baba Awo have done that? Awon omo ale, agbaya, alainironu gbogbo.

5 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

You can imagine. Jonathan did not ask ACN leaders to choose the speaker from any 50 ACN members in the house, rather, he asked them to choose from PDP, so that PDP would use their powerful offices and positions to work against ACN in SW ahead of elections in 2015. Can you see Jonathan's sense?.. He thinks Tinubu & Pa Akande are fools.

-erase the dot
Young man how old are u? You sound too childish and so ignorance of anything call politics. How can a house of over 360members have an opposition that is not upto 1\3 lead them. It is not done anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by pseudaria: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

If your thinking is not low, how can Jonathan ask ACN to support an opposition against their own party member. Since the the position was zoned to SW, he could have allowed SW caucus to determine the party to represent them.

-erase the dot

But you decided to support a fulani from the same PDP with an igbo man as deputy speaker from the same pdp. Surely slavery is in your dna

5 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Guyman02: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2021
pseudaria:

You are just being foolish in your continuous grandstanding when you know the truth. A majority should allow someone from the minority become speaker. Nowhere in the world is it done. Jonathan was just a soft buffoon that's why all these shit happened. Imagine someone like odili or ibori or Duke or even attah as vp under yaradua then later became president. The likes of buhari tinubu and this old asslicker akande would have been history a long time again. I blame obj for selecting Jonathan as vp in 2007 because of his calm demeanor, it has truly cost us greatly

Imagine that Jonathan in his naivety trusted Dasuki as NSA and sacked General Ihejirika because northerners including Buhari accused him of killing Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Upton: 11:26am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

-erase the dot

Is this entitlement or foolishness. A candidate in ACN? Minority ACN? How is that democracy? Even the US example he gave, the Republicans had majority in the house, so they could easily vote who they wanted as speaker. No president will give house leadership to a minority party because he wants to please certain people. Even if GEJ was being manipulative, it shows that Tinubu and Akande care more about power than their people since they would have only accepted the position of speaker if only it was given to their party. It's in the past anyway but this just proves that the actors in this story are greedy people.

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by ginggerxy: 11:27am On Dec 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:

If your thinking is not low, how can Jonathan ask ACN to support an opposition against their own party member. Since the the position was zoned to SW, he could have allowed SW caucus to determine the party to represent them.

-erase the dot
it's you that is thinking low seriously

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by tamdun: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2021
poiZon:

Pdp was the majority, let that sink into ur empty skull.

2015 senate presidency was supposed to be zoned to south east, they wasn't any senator from south east that was a 2timer. Why didnt apc considered pdp senators?

In USA no minority has ever been the speaker.
Nancy pelosi became speaker under republican because they were the majority in the house. She even did trump shege cos the house impeached trump,
PDP was the majority yet the couldn't make Mulikat the speaker? And u want us to blame the opposition?
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Tranquill: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2021
BeardedmeatR:
Who is this Afonjaic impostor?
Getat!

I can tell you who he is for free...
He is a loquacious lunatic troll with over a hundred monikers on nairaland some of which are
Igboid
Pazienza
Coconuthead
Smeellymouth
Leakyanus
Akamubrain etc
One thing you'll use to confirm his lunacy is that, sometimes he comments with one moniker and replies to the same comment with another.

Talk about a degenerate...

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Vinnie2000(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2021
Joysticks:
What are we supposed to do with this information?

It's for Citizens and Young Pple learn!

We Learn from History!

The HOR Speaker Position was zoned to the Yorubas! Pres Good luck Jonathan gave it to Mulikat Adeola.
But Tinubu and His ACN Gang in the South west ganged up and massively Supported the Hausas in the House to Enable Aminu Tambuwal Clinch the Position! undecided

They said they didn't want PDP to be Strong in South west!

I Wonder how the Young Woman And her Family Felt with such a Rejection! undecided embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by legba1(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

You are not getting it bro...that was a Greek gift being offered....if the offer was accepted, the ACN would have lost their voice and moral ground to be a vociferous opposition party..... That is the kind of opposition the PDP is not offering us now....Lai Mohammed was busy dishing out lies every now and then back then. It all made the political sphere worth while in those days...we hardly hear the PDP talk now...
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Levels1(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Rugaria:

With all deu respect, this is by far the most unintelligent post I have ever come across on this board.. Makes no sense, just noise..

Meaning you need urgent factory reset if truly this sounds meaningless to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

APC To Buhari: Probe Wike’s Tenure As Minister / Buhari Enjoys ‘cult-like’ Followership; Ekweremadu, PDP Govs Supporting Him – BM / Searching For Fashola's Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.