Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Victory Only In Terms Of Defeat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Victory Only In Terms Of Defeat (307 Views)

My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms / Interested In Learning About The Different Terms Used In Music / Terms Used In Online Forex Trading - Forex Terms Every Trader Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Victory Only In Terms Of Defeat by Oyindamolah: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
Growing up, we have been taught to think about positive things only in terms of negative ones.

We understand victory only in terms of defeat.

In terms of money, people think that providing value is robbing someone else of money.

Poor people would look for any reason to justify their hate for rich people.

People tend to think that the world is hostile and the system needs to be "beaten”.

People tend to think that other people are "in competition" with them (leading to comparing oneself to others, jealousy and other problems) etc.

This has a lot of problems on the deeper levels of our mental functioning.

As people, we have to start getting used to the idea that “I can actually win even more, if I don’t beat anyone or anything”

We will have more peace and calm when we realise that people can win without us losing.

I am teaching crypto you can DM or mail me kemiadeshinaoyindamola@gmail.com
Re: Victory Only In Terms Of Defeat by Oyindamolah: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin

(1) (Reply)

What Lesson Did You Learn This Year?? / Bags Of Rice, Potatoes, Onions, Pepper, Dry Fish And More At Affordable Prices. / See What Peruvians, Americans, Naija Said To Ed Sheeran About Peru Remix(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.