Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? (14102 Views)

JAPA: Man Prays On His Nigerian Passport For US & Canadian Visa (VID) / I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information / How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Teejay13(m): 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hello travel guru's,

This thought keeps lingering in my mind for quite some time now and I taught I should drop it here for public opinion.

Please o, does having an MSc degree in a Nigeria institute really guarantee the possibilities of one securing a US/Canada visa?

Please Nairalanders, what's your take, kindly drop your taught on what your opinion.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Teejay13(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Please your kind opinions are welcome!
Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by jesmond3945: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
Teejay13:
Hello travel guru's,

This thought keeps lingering in my mind for quite some time now and I taught I should drop it here for public opinion.

Please o, does having an MSc degree in a Nigeria institute really guarantee the possibilities of one securing a US/Canada visa?

Please Nairalanders, what's your take, kindly drop your taught on what your opinion.

lalasticlala seun justwise justmelow
no

9 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:00am On Dec 13, 2021
More points for Canada express entry. Aside that, it's very useless.

50 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Teejay13(m): 5:20am On Dec 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
More points for Canada express entry. Aside that, it's very useless.

Really, please can you justify your claim on why you said it is useless as i am only a novice when it comes to issues like this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by EmmySparky(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2021
Super useless...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Gerrard59(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2021
Teejay13:

Really, please can you justify your claim on why you said it is useless as i am only a novice when it comes to issues like this.

It's useless because your academic qualifications have little or nothing to do with obtaining a US or Canadian visa. Someone with a BSc who got admitted into a PhD program can obtain a US visa, so you see? It's useless. The key question is: what's your purpose for applying for a visa?

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Handwork better

4 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by money121(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Ethannathan(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2021
O
Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by franchasng: 8:30am On Dec 13, 2021
US No

Canada Yes via express entry

11 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by iLegendd(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Yes + lucrative skill, but account balance matters more. Though, nothing is guaranteed in life.

15 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by shantti(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2021
I wish God will just do it for me, even though I have offended Him so many times. I really want to relocate to canada

30 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by franchasng: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2021
iLegendd:
Yes, but account balance matters more.
Nothing concern US VO with your account balance, they judge you based on the information you filled in your application form and using psychological factors to weigh the truth.

Travel experience count more for US visa, especially travel to countries like UK, etc. Ghana no follow oh shocked

20 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Tunasco4u(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by verybadmouth(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Yes it does but age is also a major factor

1 Like

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by BigDawsNet: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Travel experience is better
Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by KillIgbohoN0W: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Gerrard59:

It's useless because your academic qualifications have little or nothing to do with obtaining a US or Canadian visa. Someone with a BSc who got admitted into a PhD program can obtain a US visa, so you see? It's useless. The key question is: what's your purpose for applying for a visa?

4 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by ajericho(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Teejay13:
Hello travel guru's,

If you have 5mililon,your visa is sure

6 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Tbvxl: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
angry
Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by ModelLook(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2021
Does having a Nigerian B.Sc guarantee one of getting a job abroad? I don't think so.
Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Teejay13(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2021
Gerrard59:

Now am beginning to feel like I just wasted my precious time and money to obtain a Masters degree in Nigeria.

If I had used that money for business, perhaps,it would have multiplied greatly

1 Like

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Richy4(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2021
No... Except u studied some scarce skills that an employer was basically looking for...
If it was point bases, Studying in the host country will give you more points.. like doing the Msc.in Canada for example...
That was because u have contributed to their resources through paying school fees and u have the ability to comprehend in their style of teaching and learning.. cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by ogododo: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2021
Teejay13:
Hello travel guru's,

Yes for Canada.
Somehow for USA too if na academic or employment visa wey by J Or so but for B1/B2 na tourism, you even fit be tout if you get money and cogent reason na 2 years straight be dat.

4 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by franchasng: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2021
ajericho:

If you have 5mililon,your visa is sure
To which country and through which means?

If you are sure, give me details, I would love to assist a relation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by Dialpad: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2021
Not really, I know someone that was denied twice for PhD. Your level of degree is not what they are looking at but your intention

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:37am On Dec 13, 2021
grin
Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by We4all: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2021
Teejay13:

Now am beginning to feel like I just wasted my precious time and money to obtain a Masters degree in Nigeria

What is your purpose for travel and what do you intend to achieve? As a Masters degree student, what problem can you solve and what can you offer? If you can defend your certificate, then it might not be a waste afterall.

8 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by RodgersAkpafu: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2021
Teejay13:

Now am beginning to feel like I just wasted my precious time and money to obtain a Masters degree in Nigeria.

If I had used that money for business, perhaps,it would have multiplied greatly
Dont consider it a waste
It's a tool
It's up to you to utilise it

6 Likes

Re: Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? by 4gunners(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

He is right. A candidate can get admitted for PHD program with just BSC.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anyone Been To Luxembourg? / Which Country Is It Easy To Get A Visa / Charles, A Christian From Nigeria Beaten, Abducted By Armed Gangs In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.