Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist (23190 Views)

Hamza Al-Mustapha To Be Named Next NSCDC Boss - Guardian / Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Newsmic: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
Abacha’s CSO Saved Me From Being Raped As An Investigative Journalist – Abike Dabiri-Erewa

Chairman of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Erewa has narrated how she was almost raped while engaging in investigative journalism, IgbereTV reports.

Speaking after receiving an award at the maiden edition of the National Freedom of Information (FOI) Awards organised by the International Press Centre (IPC) and Media Rights Agenda (MRA), in Abuja, Abike encouraged journalists in Nigeria to brace the odd and undertake investigative journalism.

Sharing her experience while engaging in the practice, the former lawmaker recalled how the timely intervention of Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, the former chief security officer to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, saved her from being raped after she was arrested and locked up in a military facility in Apapa area of Lagos state.

Dabiri who worked for the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for 15 years, anchoring the weekly NTA News line programme, said;

“Dare to venture, dare to succeed. I was arrested at a point I was doing investigative journalism, locked up in Apapa in one of the military facilities there. What saved me from being raped was Major Al-Mustapha who happened to come in at that point. So, you cannot afford to be afraid.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1408684/abachas-cso-saved-raped-investigative-journalist-abike-dabiri-erewa/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2021
Meanwhile, u and lifeless vegetable buhari dey rape nigeria currently

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Baawaa(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
Al-Mustapha was your messiah that day,but you don't tell us those that want to rape you

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by SwissMass: 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Terorislam: 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
Butwho wanted to rape you, I know is not Bola Tinubu

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Terorislam: 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
But who wanted to rape you?, Definitely not Bola Tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Mayng01(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hmmm! This is sad. Was that even supposed to happen? It means Nigeria law enforcements are rapists. Smh for lady k. Smh for obigbo women that were arrested. Smh for the innocent girls we do not know but has been raped repeatedly in detention. Nigeria is a sick country that is ruled by barbarians. Poor unfortunate souls. Very lawless country, they say nothing will happen & nothing happens eventually

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Charmingrascal(m): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
I detest this woman since that innocent young girl died in Cote D' Ivore due to her negligence and coupled with the fact that she lied against the lady that she didn't report her plight on time.
Heartless woman

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by nairavsdollars(f): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
You didn't handle Itunu issue very well. I pray her ghost doesn't appear to you

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by GrandMasters: 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
This useless woman again

11 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by FarahAideed: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
Almustapha saved you from rape yet you refused to save Itunu from death ...see your life

29 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by tradepunter: 5:41am On Dec 13, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by inoki247: 5:41am On Dec 13, 2021
So in one words we shuld Vote Al Mustapha e b savior Abi......

Police nd military brutality don dey since imagine you arresting someone to rape...
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by lesbiconverter: 5:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Dem don start. A way to vindicate a criminal under APC

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by RichDad1(m): 5:43am On Dec 13, 2021
So we should forgive him for killing innocent Nigerians including Kudirat Abiola?
Aunty Abike, please, Omo Oriwu are known for something good.

5 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by kingsceemark(m): 5:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Who even wants to rape this ugly being?

8 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by tradepunter: 5:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Terorislam:
Butwho wanted to rape you, I know is not Bola Tinubu

Hahahaha... You be animal I swear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Crusadee: 5:44am On Dec 13, 2021
grin
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Lifestone(m): 5:46am On Dec 13, 2021
nairavsdollars:
You didn't handle Itunu issue very well. I pray her ghost doesn't appear to you
Na she put her in prison?

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
That could mean some Ladies who engage in investigative journalism were not or may not be that lucky embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by jericco1(m): 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Then he is a fine gentleman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by LLiKYekoba: 5:56am On Dec 13, 2021
Baawaa:
Al-Mustapha was your messiah that day,but you don't tell us those that want to rape you

I can bet buharii was one of those who wantes to rape her. But she no gree talk am.
Suddenly yorubas have all developed amnesia about buharii and his tyranny pre-2015.
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 13, 2021
Newsmic:

What saved me from being raped was Major Al-Mustapha who happened to come in at that point. So, you cannot afford to be afraid.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1408684/abachas-cso-saved-raped-investigative-journalist-abike-dabiri-erewa/

So GOD used the "dreaded" Al-Mustapha to spare her a traumatic experience

This shows the danger in demonising people.

(Ironically, the media is good at this..)

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Skyfornia(m): 6:05am On Dec 13, 2021
How did Buhari select all these people? Apart from one or two persons...every other person working under/for buhari is useless

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Houseofglam7(f): 6:09am On Dec 13, 2021
Come again say whaaaaaaa?
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Judolisco(m): 6:14am On Dec 13, 2021
Who wanted to rape u? ... It's so sad that we still hear about devils like al-mustapha..
RIP to Abiola and his wife and the nine ogoni activist

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by crackhouse(m): 6:15am On Dec 13, 2021
But u are raping nigeria everyday.
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 13, 2021
Dabiri and Kemi Yoruba investigative journalists lol. LMAO

To be honest, the kind of things that happen in Nigeria, you will see that one Nnamdi was right to call “it” a zoo. Just a rotten lawless society.

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by Geenosko: 6:21am On Dec 13, 2021
The image laundering of AL-Mustapha is in full effect.
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by legba1(m): 6:24am On Dec 13, 2021
Baawaa:

Who Dem go be if no be sojas...
Re: Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist by drealzum(m): 6:28am On Dec 13, 2021
The good old days. NTA staff, doing investigative journalism. NTA staff telling truth to power. When will we go back to the good old days?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) / FDI: FG’s Move Against Multichoice May Discourage Investors / Nigeria In 2050 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.