Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf (15477 Views)

Former President Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Buhari Spotted In London / President Buhari Attends Wedding Luncheon Of His Son, Yusuf (Photos) / Buhari's Son, Yusuf Wedding Invitation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Islie: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2021
Reactions As Daura Emirate Plans To Turban Buhari’s Son Amid Rising Insecurity

By Tijjani Ibrahim

Reactions, at the weekend, trailed plan by the Daura Emirate Council to turban Yusuf, the son of President Muhammadu Buhari, as ‘Talban Daura’ amid a spike in insecurity in the president’s home-state of Katsina and other parts of the North.

Many social media users and other Nigerians expressed mixed reactions on the planned ceremony, with many of them condemning the planned fanfare.

A copy of the invitation letter sent to one of the northern emir’s was widely circulated in social media platforms over the weekend, generating reactions from Nigerians.

A resident of Katsina, Armaya’u Abdulhamid, said it would be “callous” on the part of leaders to attend and give prominence to such an event.

“But if they do it in a very low key, then I believe that is okay as stopping it will not change the situation the country is in,” he said.

Abdurraman Abdullahi, the chairman of the coalition of civil societies in Katsina, said it would be an open display of nonchalant attitude by the family of the president to organise a flamboyant ceremony when people are being killed on a daily basis.

“If you look at Katsina as one of the states most hit by this problem, where people are killed, raped and their property looted, and the first family decides to invite people from all over the country to celebrate and make merriment, then it shows their total indifference to whatever is happening in the country.

“But if it is just an emirate affair and they decide to conduct a ceremony that will not attract the attention of the nation, that is a different thing because Daura has relative peace compared to Katsina emirate. Even at that, courtesy demands that it should be done with caution,” he said.

Aliyu Daura, the President of Daura Emirate Development Association, and National President of Katsina Indigenes Association, said though he had not been informed officially, the occasion could be used to pray for the peace and security of the nation.

“What is happening is not peculiar to Nigeria; it is all over the world. So, the most important thing is not to blame leaders and all these accusations, but to return to God, because all of us need to reflect on our deeds and see how we can mend what is between us and our creator,” he said.

A member of Daura Emirate Council, Galadiman Daura, and the District Head of Mai’adua, Alhaji Ahmad Diddiri Ahmad, confirmed the planned event, saying the emirate was waiting for the approval of the state government to go ahead with the turbaning ceremony.

When asked whether that would not be tantamount to I-don’t-care attitude on the part of the emirate as well as the presidency, taking into consideration the insecurity in the country, particularly with the recent killings in Sokoto and Katsina states, the council member said the emirate did not look at it from that perspective.

He, however, said people were entitled to their opinions.

“But any sensible person that considers how long we have come through in this issue will not but salute our courage. We have cancelled Sallah Durba on a number of occasions and by doing so, even other emirates followed suit.

“We are equally disturbed by this issue of insecurity which affects all of us. It is as a result of the problem of security that even our markets are closed. Why then should people think that we are not showing concern about it?

“But the situation we are in cannot prevent us from holding the turbanning ceremony of a district head if the need arises. If you consider the fact that other things like wedding ceremonies, going to markets and the like are still going on, this one will not also be different.

“Some of these accusations are politically motivated and the emirate council will not allow such political talks to disrupt its line of activities and the moment the state government gives the nod, I assure you we will go ahead with it.

“In this nation, whatever you intend to do, no matter how beneficial, somebody will go against it, so we are not disturbed, worried or angry about the opinions people are holding; what is not good is baseless and unfair accusations, otherwise, people are entitled to their opinions,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/reactions-as-daura-emirate-plans-to-turban-buharis-son-amid-rising-insecurity

1 Like

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by nzeobi(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Their mumu never do but why should I cry more than the bereaved

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Aufbauh(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Misplaced priority and conscienceless move.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Leverage2021: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Paying his father for the bandits he has brought to Katsina

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by benuejosh: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Whoever sponsored this post and write up is not making any sense at all. You try to bring a man who is already at the top down with propagandas and rumors. If the local authorities/communities have found someone who is right and doing what is nice and have decided to honor him, while bring in things that don't concern him. My flight is booked already. Daura is safe, 16th i will be in Daura. Insha Allahu.

1 Like

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Maxymilliano(m): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2021
Yusuf should be propped to take over from his father come 2023 ... After-all, stupidity starts from Daura

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by system21: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2021
This one no concern Obeledu man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by jamaicabakare(m): 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2021
If dem like make dem Turban am the Sultan of the North...ko kan aye.

Na their wahala.

12 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Praktikals(m): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Buhari is the husband of IPOB. How you capture Mazi albino and be feeding him watery beans
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin
Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Nackzy: 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Waakanda: 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by alphaconde(m): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
na their way anything dem eye see make them bear am

2 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by alphaconde(m): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
which of the son? the okada man?

9 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by ohosi4real(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
This crazy by Buhari and Katsina government. If it's real I put problem on northern youths to allow it hold. Anyway they voted for change let them enjoy change till may 2023.
Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
I've not been seeing the posts of this popular Nairalander wey dey sell suya or so.
It's been awhile I see his post, just asking about him though.

3 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Greenvaiper: 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
What do u expect when u have millions of rats like roaming all over nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Kingpele(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
;D6 they should make him an Emir ,I don't care ,Hahaha such display of indifference to people's plight is certainly disgusting but is ok atleast we can see that northern Muslims are not created for leadership positions but to rear cows ..as for me I will never vote for a northern Muslim forever
Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by BIGDADDY000(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
I don't know why some people don't used to think straight,

Just because of MONEY and EYE SERVICE.

1 Like

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by jagged44: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
Duara Emirate ko, Duara Caliphate ni.

2 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Mickeybook(f): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
When God was in the process of creation , I wonder what type of brain he installed in the skull of our Norther fellows .... Majority of them are pathetically annoying logically..m For crying out loud , how will the turbanation of Yusuf benefit Kastina state?

5 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by obyrich(m): 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
Congrats in Advance. He is the next Sultan.

1 Like

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Joezinho: 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
These fvcktards do not send anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Doubleoh7: 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
They should just add I to the title make e complete naa; Taliban Daura

6 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by athaboi(f): 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
Lol
Nigerians thinks anyone give a Bleep about them

4 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by ClassicMan202(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
All Nairaland zombies should go and read proverbs 23:23

2 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Coldie(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
I blame Gej undecided

Indirectly smhow they are setting this boy up for politics in future. This guy has no single or known social media account

2 Likes

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by floss(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by Tolumiide: 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
If they like, let them turban all Buhari cows, I don't care

1 Like

Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by omoadeleye(m): 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
They don't care about you guys.
Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by candidbabe(f): 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
Sai baba
grin grin grin grin
Re: Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf by IjebuWarrior: 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
Aboki go always be Aboki na... undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: North Has More 4 Years - North-East Lawmakers / Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Pastor Olaniyan: I Spoke For Myself Not RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.