Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) (1568 Views)

What Are Your Worst Food Combinations? / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Do You Have Any Weird Food Combination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by christejames(m): 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2021
grin grin

What are the weird food combinations that you are comfortable with? grin

I just finished eating one of my best food combinations now cheesy, I so much love eating white rice with boiled yam and stew on top cheesy. Mehn! The feelings for me while masticating the rice and yam in my mouth is always heavenly cool, surprisingly, it's a weird food combination for most people which makes me surprised.

Other combinations that I fancy are, noodles and ugu leaves, garri and beans (I learnt this in school) together with bread.

So guys what are your weird food combinations? grin

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by isaiah4life(m): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2021
Spaghetti and bread. I learnt that in school. Anybody that invented that, whenever you are, may God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by ChiefSosa(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
Beans and Sugar

3 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by ahnie: 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
The day I saw the father of my kids gave them eggsauce and eba to eat....my spirit cried.
That to me is witchcraft.

Who does that?

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Kriss216: 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
ahnie:
The day I saw the father of my kids gave them eggsauce and eba to eat....my spirit cried.

Who does that?

cheesy cheesy

Isoko Amaka, your husband na real OG.

My late dad do cook Egusi soup with satchet tomatoes then. My mum always forbid us to join him to eat, but, the glorious sight of the animals inside the soup is tempting. I dey follow the man download the soup cos of the meats inside.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by christejames(m): 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
isaiah4life:
Spaghetti and bread. I learnt that in school. Anybody that invented that, whenever you are, may God bless you.

Spag and bread? shocked

Just hearing this for the first time
Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by christejames(m): 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
ahnie:

Who does that?

Jreeezzz grin cheesy cheesy

Don't blame him, maybe habit learnt in school and he still wanted to experience it again.
Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by christejames(m): 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Beans and Sugar

Like you use sprinkle sugar on it like salt? shocked shocked
Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by ahnie: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
christejames:

Jreeezzz grin cheesy cheesy

Don't blame him, maybe habit learnt in school and he still wanted to experience it again.
You needed to the the way our kids were happily eating it.
Like there was loaf at home and raw rice.i expected him to at least use the loaf.the scene just refuses leaving my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by isaiah4life(m): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Lolz! Comrade, yes. I thought initially it won't coexist until your brother tried it and guess what!

It was heaven baked. grin

christejames:

Spag and bread? shocked

Just hearing this for the first time
Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by ChiefSosa(m): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
christejames:

Like you use sprinkle sugar on it like salt? shocked shocked
You know that beans that is prepared with palm oil, I like to sprinkle some sugar on it before i devour it. It's real awesome. You won't know, until you try it!

4 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by cayorday89(m): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
In school when I still dey cook together with my roommates, the weirdest combo we had was geisha and solid eba wey strong and immediately we finished, the three of us slept there for long hours without packing the plate and bowl.

On my own cooking alone, I ran out of fish on my vegetable soup of almost a week I boiled egg to eat the vegetable and eba. Ate indomie and bread severally, it was sweet and a life saver as I always have noodles I rarely eat, so when I run out of other foodstuffs or too lazy to cook, I just but bread and make indomie and I am good to go.

Another one I stumbled upon mistakenly was having left over beans in the morning, got back from lecture in the afternoon, added garri to it warmed it and that was how beans and garri got sticky and I ended up having EbaBeans.
Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
Beans and garri is not a weird combo especially for students. Did that way back in secondary school.

That yam and rice combo is very common in the villa.

My weird combos are
Pap and bread / custard

Rice and draw soup but it's been long since I ate that combo.

Bread and stew.

That's all.

A headteacher in my former school told me she eats pap with soup. As in runny pap. Hm weird.

1 Like

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
isaiah4life:

Spaghetti?? Or you mean noodles?
Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by 1F30M4(f): 12:13am On Dec 15, 2021
Mercychen:
Beans and garri is not a weird combo especially for students. Did that way back in secondary school.

My weird combos are
Pap and bread / custard

Bread and stew.

That's all.

A headteacher in my former school told me she eats pap with soup. As in runny pap. Hm weird.

Hot custard and soft fresh bread in my hostel every Saturday, not weird cos loved by all.

Rice and draw soup(okro, for me), absolutely love it.

Bread and stew, nah not weird at all, oldie but goodie.

Heard of pap and stew, seen a relative eat that and was trying really hard not to cringe. Said it was just like eating cornmeal(Agidi), just really cold semi-solid pap that could also go well with any hot soup. This headteacher who can somehow eat RUNNY pap with soup, weird much lol.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 15, 2021
author=1F30M4 post=108507174]

Hot custard and soft fresh bread in my hostel every Saturday, not weird cos loved by all.

Rice and draw soup(okro, for me), absolutely love it.

Bread and stew, nah not weird at all, oldie but goodie.

You think these are not weird but some people think they are. Im telling you.

Heard of pap and stew, seen a relative eat that and was trying really hard not to cringe. Said it was just like eating cornmeal(Agidi), just really cold semi-solid pap that could also go well with any hot soup. This headteacher who can somehow eat RUNNY pap with soup, weird much lol.

Lol.. this one still remains weird. Can't even try it.

1 Like

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Corroro: 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2021
bread and moi moi with tea, that combo is mad. if you want to try it, you can take it with Nescafe coffee, atleast that way you can keep the sachets and partake in the promo where you can win up to 200k and instant prizes.

1 Like

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2021
ChiefSosa:

You know that beans that is prepared with palm oil, I like to sprinkle some sugar on it before i devour it. It's real awesome. You won't know, until you try it!
I take it with unsoaked garri and sugar, then add extra sugar on the beans. Heavenly.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
Mercychen:

My weird combos are
Pap and bread / custard

Bread and stew.

That's all.

Bread and stew with Boiled, mashed and deboned fish. School days can teach you a lot .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

Bread and stew with Boiled, mashed and deboned fish. School days can teach you a lot .

Yeah. More like sardine with bread.
Yum!

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by ChiefSosa(m): 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

I take it with unsoaked garri and sugar, then add extra sugar on the beans. Heavenly.
Lol, that's a lot of sugar! Hope you take Agbo jedi once a while?

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, that's a lot of sugar! Hope you take Agbo jedi once a while?
Normally not a fan of sugar, so....
Hate icing, any form of cookies, anything too sweet. That beans and sugar is a treat not an everyday thing.

1 Like

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by ChiefSosa(m): 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

Normally not a fan of sugar, so....
Hate icing, any form of cookies, anything too sweet. That beans and sugar is a treat not an everyday thing.
Ah! A lady hates cookies and icing? Oyami lenu o

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by Jidemoo: 6:57am On Dec 17, 2021
Stew and fufu

1 Like

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by AfonjaConehead: 7:48am On Dec 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Beans and Sugar

1 Like

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by AfonjaConehead: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

kiss

2 Likes

Re: Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) by ChiefSosa(m): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=108572644][/quote]
Lol, go and try it first, you'll come back here to re-modify your comment and sing my praises!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Puff Puff Mix / Curious,which(moimoi)taste Better,d Wrapped In Leaf,in A Tin Or Wrapped In Nylon / Special Okra And Egusi Soup With Cooking Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.