Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

What Will You Do With Jesus Who Is Called The Christ?- Pastor Victor Awodi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will You Do With Jesus Who Is Called The Christ?- Pastor Victor Awodi (168 Views)

Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video) / Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do With Jesus Who Is Called The Christ?- Pastor Victor Awodi by godliman: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
*What shall I do with Jesus who is called the Christ?*
This question is life's most important question.
Pontus Pilate asked it in Matthew 27:22.
People at that time responded differently as many do today. What will I do with Jesus who is called the Christ?
* Peter denied him
* Judas betrayed him
* The Jews rejected him
* The Disciples forsook him
* Pilate condemned him to death
* The Soldiers Crucified him
Today some are
* rejecting him, others are
* denying him while the majority are simply
* IGNORING him.
I put it to you my friend,
what have you done or are you doing with Jesus who is called the Christ?
You may not have outrightly rejected or denied him, but are you ignoring him?
In Rev 3:20 he says
*Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any one hears my voice and open the door, I will come in to him...*
Yes that is how to ignore him, simply leave him knocking outside the door. He has been knocking there for years unattended to. We are busy with the devil inside and ignored Jesus knocking outside. How long will this last? How long will Jesus knock?
Surely the sweetness of sin won't last forever, and the patience of God won't be forever. There is surely an appointed time.
Heb 9:27 says " *It is appointed unto men once to die but after this the judgment"*
Satan has no free gift,
*Every pleasure that sin brings has an equal and opposite pain*
When Satan has successful sapped off the juice out of ourlives, he discards us into the waste bin of history where all the once famous but forgotten celebrities are. Then the end comes and we die in ignominy only the face the same Christ whom we rejected and ignored all through life at the judgment seat. Then we begin to beg and plead for mercy, and what shall his answer be? *Too late*
Too late? Yes too late to pray and repent of our sins,
Too late to choose the narrow way and live that good life which would have been a legacy for our children,
Too late to honour God with this one little transient life he gave us on earth,
Too late to prepare for the real life beyond the grave.
What shall I say more, are these facts not self- evident?
Moses wrote in Deuteronomy 30:19 "
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life..."
What is the way out of this?
1. Acknowledge before God that you are a sinner
2. Feel sorry and disturbed about your sins and the impending consequence it will bring
3. Go to God in prayer of repentance and renounce every sin you ever committed, at least the once you can recall,
4. Break off all sinful ties and relationships and by a deliberate effort desist from all acts of sins.
5. Accept Jesus into your heart as your Lord and personal saviour.
6. Follow him daily
7. Read your Bible, pray everyday and identity with a bible believing and practicing Church.
Then your journey to Heaven just began.

(1) (Reply)

The Danger Of Traditional Mindset / Mystery Of Tongue / First Timers And Ushers In Church Can Relate With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.