Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign (42018 Views)

CDS, Gen Leo Irabor: Suspects Linked To Owo Church Massacre have been arrested / General Irabor Asking 50 Generals To Resign Is Good For Young Officers / Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Islie: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2021
Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Leo Irabor has ordered 50 Generals in the Nigerian military to tender their resignation with immediate effect.

They cut across the Air Force, Army and Navy; around 25 of the senior officers are in the Army.

An impeccable source told DAILY POST that Irabor gave the directive at the Defence Headquarters in Abuja on Monday.

At a 2pm meeting, the CDS thanked them for their service and told all present that it was high time they left office.

But the Course 36 Generals still have more than three years before their retirement.

“They are about 50; 2 of them in the Army will retire in 2022, while the rest have about 3 and half years left in service”, the source revealed.

Another source wondered why the Armed Forces are eager to ease out scores of capable and experienced hands at a time the country is battling insecurity.

Ironically, Irabor recently intervened in the 2016 forceful retirement of 38 Army officers via a letter (Ref. No. CDS/8/A) to Defence Minister, Bashir Magashi, a retired Major General.

They were asked to go in June 2016, an action described as arbitrary by those affected, security personnel, experts and Nigerians.

Till date, the military and the federal government are yet to comply with extant court judgments ordering the officers’ reabsorption.

In January 2020, Justice Rukiya Hasstrup at National Industrial Court in Abuja faulted the Army decision and directed their reinstatement.

In May 2020, Justice Edith Agbakoba approved that contempt of court charge is filed against military chiefs for failing to comply with a valid order.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/13/exclusive-defence-chief-leo-irabor-orders-50-generals-to-exit-nigerian-military/

3 Likes

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by nairavsdollars(f): 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2021
good move. i fully support it. Just feeding fat on Boko Haram fight

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Mrkumareze(m): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
wink Generals that couldn't overthrow this useless Government, are they general indeed The action they refused to take has come to act on them

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by ChiefSosa(m): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
They were asked to go in June 2016, an action described as arbitrary by those affected, security personnel, experts and Nigerians.
Leo irabor probably just wants them gone, so he'll please Buhari. I wonder why he wants them gone, but can't provide a valid reason.
olas24u:

how will he make a decision like that , without any input from the executive?
His requests have not been granted by the court, simply because he can't provide good reasons. All his reasons for wanting people gone have always been suspicious and chauvinistic.
Madam, this is Buhari's boy na, abi have you forgotten him? Nobody dares criticize buhari in his presence.
Although, if the 50 generals are not doing anything tangible, then there's no issue if they're asked to resign (which I fully support), but how come Leo irabor can't provide a valuable reason why he wants them gone, and how come it's mostly southerners he wants gone? It's simply obvious he wants them gone because buhari also wants them gone. I simply feel buhari wants less southern generals and more northern generals.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Maxymilliano(m): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
Can we have the names of affected generals ? I want to check something

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by AfonjaConehead: 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
Order by the northern mafia

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by devilmaycry: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Can we have the names of affected generals ? I want to check something

Lol...I know wat u want to check

If there is any general from d north grin

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by ChiefSosa(m): 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
devilmaycry:

Lol...I know wat u want to check

If there is any general from d north grin
Most of the affected generals are probably from the south, after all Leo irabor was appointed by Buhari.
modify:
Had to remove a list of names, simply because a moniker that quoted me (which I believe is a BMC) couldn't understand that I used the list as a reference to the fact that Leo irabor has the habit of going after southerners. I do not have the time to engage BMCs tonight. Eww.
Modify again:
Link in page (2).

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by amc: 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Most of the affected generals are from the south, after all Leo irabor was appointed by Buhari.

Post a link to your story.

You know the image you posted was for the 38 officers retired in 2016 and not today

9 Likes

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
This generals will now take fat pensions and other juicy benefits after retirement.This people are milking the country dry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by vedaxcool(m): 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
I doubt they would just retire them abitrarily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Rugaria: 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
A military of anything goes..
This is a problem caused by appointing junior officers as the commander of their seniors.
This started in July 1966 anf practically turned the Nigerian military into a laughing stock worldwide with their litany of Baby Generals..

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Baawaa(m): 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
R
Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
Noted
Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Whether they leave today or in 10 years, it’ll have zero effect on the war on terror. Those guys are just there feeding fat off our defense budget and disturbing the peace with their sirens. They’re already made for life

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Most of the affected generals are probably from the south, after all Leo irabor was appointed by Buhari.
modify:
Had to remove a list of names, simply because a moniker quoted me (which I believe is a BMC) couldn't understand that I used the list as a reference to the fact that Leo irabor has the habit of going after southerners. I do not have the strength to argue with or educate BMCs tonight. Eww.

Bro make tribalism no kill you o undecided

Post the list and shame your invisible detractors

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by itsme01: 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
Coup prevention

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by udede(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
Generals that the ragtag army of bokoharam kidnappe and kill any how, are those ones generals ?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Jidemoo: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Unto matters arising
Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by cedricksly: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
nairavsdollars:
very nice move... That is if them no still kill this one the way them kill the last one via arranged plan crash

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by NaijaMutant(f): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Politicized military with honor.

Generals without war

Even in the absence of external aggression, they couldn't contain and tame an internal uprising.

What will be the nation's fate if there arises a full blown war ?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Amspecial: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
grin
Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by KillIgbohoN0W: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Trust me Northern Generals for the list no go reach 5.

3 Likes

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Ololanla: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Power
Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Samylekey(m): 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Soldier go, soldier come

shocked
Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Avalonking5(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello All!

I have an Affiliate training Package with comprehensive video training's and bonuses I risked to purchased for 50k early this year just because i wanted to change my life and it's worth it but I haven't started practicing yet because my laptop got faulty and I do not have enough money to start paying for ads to get subscribers.

The whole process was like using money to get more money.

I want to give it out for 5k.

Note: There's a lot of proofs that I bought the package(my receipts) and proofs that I have the package to avoid every form of doubt.

Please, buy from me.

I'm in my final year in the university and I don't have money for my project which would be due for final submission in the next few month.

Please, Rich Nairalanders, buy from me with love.

The training package comes with:

(1) Over 200 bonuses apps you can use as incentives for your prospective subscribers.

(2) Enormous amount of emails swipes, so you don't have to be writing sale's letters. Just copy and paste.

(3) whattttsap/p me at 0_7_0_85(2)_(2)_(3)_1__45 if you're interested.

God bless youuuuuu.............

1 Like

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by naijaguy123456(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
Fake news !
Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Cholls(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
nairavsdollars:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
This is the most powerful CDS we don get since 2010.

crossbreedwears:
I disagree with you sir. Have you forgotten General Azazi so soon?

What year did Azazi become the CDS and what year did he retire?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign by ThatFairGuy: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2021

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mansur Dan-Ali Under Tight Security During Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia. Photos / Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sets A New Auction Record In New York / Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.