Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,173 members, 7,852,994 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

You Need To Read This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Need To Read This (237 Views)

Ekiti 2018: Card Reader Fails To Read Eleka’s PVC / Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Read This by kingceejay: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
Your opinion is needed here. Please oblige me by reading this write up. I believe the lessons and take-aways will benefit you and me in the long-run.

So, some months back, In March this year I was in a bar with a friend somewhere in Lagos with a friend of mine and we were having a drink. some 45 minutes later there was a commotion-like situation around the hotel as a guy in his mid-30s with his entourage of about 7 guys approached the bar.
It was quite obvious that the bar attendants and everyone working in the hotel all wanted to get close to this guy. As he was ushered into the bar some persons who knew him made efforts to sit close to where they sat. I tried to make sense of all that was going on until his actions afterward declared what he was.
I will call this young man Mr. Spender as he ordered expensive drinks and even ordered drinks for everyone seated close to where he was. Incidentally, we were seated close to them and thus benefitted from his benevolence.
My friend then gave me a brief history of this guy; he had come by through so much money through means that is none of my business. So, with this huge amount of money, he became recognized in his neighborhood and according to what I was told had lodged in a hotel for about 2 months. I tried to do a little calculation of how much this man would have spent in a hotel at a conservative rate of N10,000 per night. This amounts to about N600,000 in two months.
By the time I left he had spent not less than N200,000 within a space of 3 hours sincerely I felt a little envious and imagined for a moment that I was in his shoes.
However, just 2 weeks ago I saw Mr. spender walking on the street with his friend. The whole commotion and attention I saw when I first encountered him was gone. Though he still looked well dressed and looking fresh.
I enquired from my friend what happened and he narrated to me how Mr. Spender’s finances began to dwindle. At the moment he was not as buoyant as he used to be. I was taken aback and could not comprehend how in just a twinkle someone can move from having millions to being broke.
It happens though its not a strange experience. But....
Re: You Need To Read This by kingceejay: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
Now let’s leave Mr. Spender for a moment and focus on someone I will prefer to call Mr. Wise.
The action of Mr. wise is the main reason why I was prompted to narrate these incidents. Mr. Wise is the elder brother to a very good friend around my area. I had met Mr. Wise in 2019 when I tried convincing him to invest in real estate with our company.
He already had bought some properties somewhere in Lagos in two different locations but promised to call on me if he needed another.
Unfortunately, in 2020 due to the covid-19 pandemic, he lost his job in one of the shipping companies operating at Apapa.
An opportunity along the line came up to travel to Canada. Guess what Mr. Wise did?
Mr. Wise sold one of his properties which fortunately had been in a location that was overtaken by rapid development. The access road leading to the area was constructed by the Lagos government. This singular act positively affected properties around as Mr. Wise sold his property which he bought in 2016 at more than 3 times the amount he bought it.
Mr. Wise then used the proceeds from that sale to fence his second property and thereafter used the reminder to move himself and his family to Canada in April this year. While chatting with him on WhatsApp he said something that provoked this write-up.
He said and I will quote him verbatim, “That land purchase I made in 2016 was the smartest investment move I ever made. If I had more money then perhaps, I would have bought more especially when you brought your offer”.
He further stated that he plans to work in Canada for a while and then build a house on his second plot. At least for his children's sake.
When you juxtapose these two personalities the difference is just very clear in terms of their approach to life and finance.
It seems our present generation does not understand the importance of real estate and investments. But will rather waste their money in clubs, hotels, and what have you. That’s not to say that enjoying and spending your money is bad but it makes no sense when more is spent lavishly rather than making investments.
Investing in real estate is probably the easiest way to invest your money and create generational wealth.
So long as due diligence is followed real estate is probably the easiest form of investment that comes with little risk.
Re: You Need To Read This by kingceejay: 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2021
Starting a business requires so many skills and there is no guarantee it will succeed due to our challenging business environment.
As you read this story it's possible you, a brother, friend, or an acquaintance needs to make a critical financial decision.

Real estate is the real deal. You will be doing yourself a huge favor if you consider it as a means to divest your funds on solid ground.

To gain more insight as to how to succeed in real estate ….
Read this...
https://thepointedge.com/1069-2/

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Did Not Meet President Buhari On 2023 Presidency, Aide Clarifies / PDP, Others Kick As Buhari Dismisses State Police, Insists On Grazing Routes / Shocking Revelation! Nnamdi Kanu Trial Latest Update With Bruce Fein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.