Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! (547 Views)

Writers For Human Rights Strongly Condemns Military Intervention And Wars In Afr / The Intervention / Activating Angelic Intervention As Humans On Earth Volume 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by Landoffreedom: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good day house. Like the topic said, I'm requesting the help of esteemed members of this section in selecting the winners (2 MOST VOTES) of a giveaway. Here's a little background.

First of all, my pseudo name is Landoffreedom. I had to create this new account because I don't want to use my real username to post this. I dont want viewers of this post to use the username to track me to the thread where the giveaway started. I want an honest and unbiased decisions.

Now that that is out of the way, here is what this request for help is for. I wanted to gift out a sum of 50k each to two business owners that are also family man/woman. I have a few people that showed interests and I had them come up with plans on how the fund will help them in their businesses. I put up an online poll for people to select the deserving ones among the contestants. I did not want to conduct the voting in the same thread where I started because I wanted to reduce bias and voting based on sentiments.

Reason why I decided to bring the voting process to this great section (Literature) and not other sections are these:

1. Almost, if not all visitors to this section are readers, I believe in the fact that these contestants' plans will be read thoroughly and the voter will decide the contestant to vote for, objectively and not be swayed by sentiments.

2. Like I said above, there were lots of sentiments going on in the threads which negate the objective intent of this giveaway . I want a level playing field where all the contestants have equal chances of winning. I want their plans to speak for them, and not their popularity. I want this contest to be won by substance and not by popularity. [NOTE: Nothing wrong in being popular, but I believe in substance/ quality of the plan first.

3. I cannot think of a section that is better suitable for the purpose of this voting process than Literature.

Hence I listed the plans (as they gave them to me, word for word) by Contestants (I replaced their usernames with Contestant (1, 2, 3 and 4) respectively in order to keep this anonymous as much as possible). The plans might not be professionally written (to me, that's the beauty of it since these people are just trying to grow their business and make a living) but please take your time and read through ALL of them before voting for the best of the plans based on your assessment.

NOTE: One or Two of the contestants attached pictures to their plans when they sent to me but I didn't attach them to this post for sake of anonymity. You might see statement like "as seen in picture *". Please ignore those, they are making reference to the pictures they attached when the plans were sent to me.

If you think Contestant 1 has the best plan, kindly cast your vote for "Contestant 1"
If you think Contestant 2 has the best plan, kindly cast your vote for "Contestant 2"
If you think Contestant 3 has the best plan, kindly cast your vote for "Contestant 3"
If you think Contestant 4 has the best plan, kindly cast your vote for "Contestant 4"

VOTING STARTS AT 12AM 14TH DECEMBER, 2021

PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO VOTE YOUR PREFFERED CONTESTANT

Link to Vote: https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll4061620xF7cf43bA-128

A screenshot of the poll page is attached below

***************************************************************************************************************************************

=====================
Contestant 1: Starts Here
====================

I used to sell eggs before lockdown, now I plan to continue
I have four empty crates of eggs left {as seen in picture 1}
I went to the poultry to ask about the current price of egg {as seen in picture 2}
A crate of egg is 1600
I plan to start with 10 crates

The reason is this

1) I make cake, chin chin, egg roll
This festive season, some Christian schools in my area need cake, chin chin and egg roll for Christmas Carol
There is high demand for eggs for the jollof rice, cakes and other snacks for Christmas caroll
Christmas caroll have begin already in schools because schools will go on holiday on Dec 22.

2) The poultry man said they sell 1600 per crates for those buying 10 crates and more, if it is below 10 crates, 1700 per crates
1600 x 10 = 16,000

After I left the poultry, I went to the charcoal seller {as seen in picture 1 and 2}
A bag of charcoal is 3,000
I plan to start with 10 bags
10 x 3000 = 30,000

I will buy nylon of 3,000
From a bag of charcoal, I will make a gain of 1,200
I will sell in nylon as seen in picture 3 and 4
For the charcoal business 30,000 + 3,000 = 33,000

After I left the charcoal seller, I went to my boss who taught me cake baking and small chops {as seen in picture 1}
I used to rent cake baking tools from her but I really really want to have my own

This is the price of the tools she told me

Oven 12,000
Coal pot 3,500
Set of cake pans 12,000
Whisk 1,000
Cake stands 4,000
Pastry brush 1,000
Measuring spoons and cup 2,000
Decorating tips 3,000
Mixer 1,200
Total = 39,700

I am not just starting this business, so I have the knowledge of doing all the business
I will sell at a lower price than other sellers

Other sellers sell egg at 80 Naira, I will sell mine for 60 Naira
Other sellers sell for higher prices because they collect loan from lapo microfinanance and seap microfinanance with high interest so they have to sell at higher prices to repay their loan

For the charcoal, the charcoal seller said she will help me to buy directly from iseyin and Saki at wholesale price since I'm buying 10 bags
The price of charcoal from iseyin and Saki is 3,000

My boss told me that she will give me two wedding cake to bake if I buy my own tools before ending since I have been helping her with baking without collecting anything that she will use that one to compensate me

The demand for charcoal is high
We have women roasting maize in my street
We have women roasting plantain (boli) in my street
Corpers in my street are buying charcoal now because the price of gas is high
Charcoal sell fast from my experience
I stop selling charcoal last year during lockdown
Charcoal selling is very profitable and the price of gas is much that's another advantage

Sir, with this money
I will clear part of the outstanding school fees of k******h and her brother while *a***b my last born will start school
The money will be judiciously used and I will upload receipt of the payment of my kids school fees here

Thank you sir

Vote Here For Contestant 1: https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll4061620xF7cf43bA-128

***************************************************************************************************************************************

=====================
Contestant 2: Starts Here
====================

This is a great opportunity. I pray I am favoured.

Question 1, the fund ll help me alot in my business.l am a widow with no help from anyone except I sell daily needs & provision and I also feed from that.The fund ll help to improve my pure water and provision stall.If my market is increase,I ll be able to get enough profit&I ll feed from it.This Christmas season&dry season ll make more people to patronize me once they know that I have enough things in the shop becos dey need cold drinks and house needs and most importantly children r home this holiday period dey ll like snack alot. Provision and snacks is their daily requirements.You know how much children eat once dey r home na?

Question 2, what to do with the money?
I normally buy 3 to 5 bags of pure water daily but if i get enough fund,I ll buy more bags of pure water. Get enough provision and snacks to sell for people. My shop ll be fuller with goods.i ll buy more milk,Milo, doughnuts, indomie,soap,snacks and daily needs of people in the area.

Question 3, how do I plan to do that?
Once the money is received,I ll visit the Apata market,I live in ibadan area.
Buy pure water 50 bags(130* 50 bags =6500)
Pepsi plastic (1200*5 packs=6000)
Coke plastic (1200*5 packs{6000)
Bottled drinks(1400*5crates(7000)
Buy beverage,( Milo 2 rolls 600*2= 1200
Dano milk (400*2= 800)
Peak milk(600*2=1200)
Goodmama soap(450*2=900)
Magic washing soap (400*2= 800)
Goldenpenny noodles 1 carton(2500)
Indomietable noodles varieties (4500)
Biscuits varieties 2cartons (3000)
Doughnuts3 dozens(500*3{1500)
Rice 5kongos(900*5= 4500)
Beans 2kongo(1000*2=2000)
Garri 3kongo(250*3=750)
Groundnut buy&fry myself with my coalpot 2kongos700*2=1400)
Use 200 for transport for maruwa. If change remain,I ll buy sugar (1kongo)

Question 4, the challenges I might encounter are light and increased in prices of commodities.The things I listed might have increased in price since prices of commodity are not stable.The solution is that I ll reduce the quantity of things I want to get but I ll still buy the listed items because they move fast and are mostly needed.I stay in busy area and people patronize my shop well.its just recently that I didn't have much things that business is dull.
Once my goods are getting sold,I ll ensure I buy more goods immediately before they finished so I can restock immediately.
Another problem is light because my drinks and water need to be cold for people to buy but in my area in ibadan, Oyo state we always have light in the mid*night and sometimes during the day. I ll stock my freezer with the quantity I ll sell for the next day so it's can be cold over the night and I ll sell during the day.
Bt incase no light for few days, I ll get #100 ice*block ice my drinks and sell for the day.Put them inside the cooler with the block to ice the drinks. And that ll last me for the whole day.

Provision and drinks business is something that move fast. People buy soap,rice, toothpaste,biscuits daily. These goods are not inevitable.
If I am opportune,I ll add vegetable oil, spaghetti, dry Pomo,egusi,dry pepper, nylon of different sizes,crates of egg&recharge card also.Recharge card is a business that move fast thou the gain is little but it's a moving goods and I can restock immediately once I sell out.
Thank you so much for this opportunity.
My number is 080****7140.

Vote Here For Contestant 2: https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll4061620xF7cf43bA-128

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

=====================
Contestant 3: Starts Here
====================

Make I no lie,
I no need up to fifty thousand
Na dry season we dey
If we reach rainy season Na that time planting go plenty

All the farm wey you see for the picture Na me get am
Agatu go collect 15,000 help me clear am
E no suppose reach 15,000 but dos agatu Don dey travel go back for end of the year Na small of them remain Na why dem dey charge person
Dem talk say kidnap Don plenty for their place Na why dem go quick

You no say na akuro, I go need rainboot to wear
Rainboot Na 6,000
The one wey I wear here Na the gardener get am for the school wey I dey do security

I go like do shed for my farm too if to say I Don work work I wan rest small or roast maize, I go do am for my farm shed
To do farm shed, I go buy plank
3 by 4 = 6
One Na 1000
6 go be 6,000

2 by 2 = 6
One Na 600
6 go be 3,600

Iso alade half pack = 750

Roofing Pan = 3,600
Carpenter go collect 3,000 owo ise ojumo and labour
Also, the cement wey we go use concrete the ground, you know say na akuro make erosion no con carry shed go patapata
Two bag of cement Na 8,000
Yanrin 7 pan 2,000
Okuta 2,000
Birikila go collect 3,000 owo ise ojumo and labour

I go con buy seed of ewedu, efo, tomato, pepper, maize, okro,
All that no pass 4,000
Na the maize dey expensive because Na chemical own I go buy
6000 + 3600 + 750 + 3600 + 3000 + 8000 + 3000 + 2000+ 2000 + 3000 + 4000 = 38950

Thank you my Oga

Vote Here For Contestant 3: https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll4061620xF7cf43bA-128

***********************************************************************************************************************

=====================
Contestant 4: Starts Here
====================

Thanks for the opportunity
The funds will help my business in a many ways because It will enable me to buy more stock and add to the few ones I have available. I am into selling of perfume oil,body spray, air freshener ,jeweleries tooth brush and under wear on a low scale. This is a festive period whereby people by perfumes, jeweleries and would also want to change their underwears. Most importantly jeweleries and perfume business are lucrative business .
I do take them to work ( in my bags) as I am a teacher so after closing of work I do sell to my colleagues and I do visit other schools and offices such as local government to introduce my market to them. Initially I started with perfume oil and subsequently I added other brands of perfumes, jeweleries, underwears on low scale.
Recently I have to source for a small space I can be displaying my wares to sale after close of work, I got the little space at the market but couldn't start due to paucity of fund and the few goods I have left is too small to be display, people owing me(debt). Most of my customers are civil servant and salary earners and won't pay till month end,( permit me to say that they can owe for Africa). this has greatly affected my business as my goods as reduced drastically as they are with my capital and profits.
With the fund I will be able to buy more goods and restock so as to have goods to display at the little space I just got and most importantly school will be going on holiday on the 17th of this month so I will have enough time to introduce and market my goods to the people at the market and get customers cos this is the season.
One of the major reason I tried to secure a small space at the market is to enable to stop selling on credit and sell on pay as you buy policy but this can mostly be possible if I have my own mini stall and stop Hawking from one office to another,I have learnt my lesson in a bitter way as per selling on credit, in summary if I am given this golden opportunity It will help to boost my income and build my financial capacity so as to meet my family needs as teachers salary no be here ooo.

Challenges I might encounter are unavailable of varieties and if there is no varieties for customers to make choice from, they might end up not buying or rather buy few items.

What I will do with the money

Jewelries quantity needed unit price. Total cost
Fashion earring...... 10.200to250.......2500
Tondo original..62001200
Tondo fake...... 3.....,....135...400
Steel necklace gold ..2....,....500.1000
Steel necklace silver....2...... 500.1000
Children wrist watch....6..,....400...2400
Xuping earring quality..5...,..1200....,....6000
Wedding ring set..,6.......4002400
Fancy earrings (varieties)..5...4002000
Neck stand...... 2.....500......1000
Nylon for packaging.….....2.....250......500
Total 20,900

Underwear
Children pants female .......1 1/2dozen....150..2400
Children pants boxer male..1 1/2 dozen... 150...2400
Adult banana boxer.......1 1/2 dozen...300...5400
Female pants.......1 dozen...250..3000

Total 13,200

Sub total 51,750

Air freshener
Small windy.......6. ....170....1000
Medium windy..6....235.......1400
Bue diamond ball...6...350..2000

Total. 4400

Perfumes
Storm.....2..2200...2200
Smart collections(Spray)5..750..3750
24 hours ( Bottle)...1..1200...1200
Invoke.....1.,950.....950
Emergency.....1....950......,......950
Smart collections (bottle) 2.1700.3400
Temptation.......1 1000.1000

Total 13 250

Subtotal = 51,750
I still had some goods left and if I am able to add these I will have enough goods to display at my new found stall, and I will be able to make more sales and profits.

Vote Here For Contestant 4: https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll4061620xF7cf43bA-128
***********************************************************************************************************************

Thank you as you help make a business stronger and make Naija a better place for all.

[center]Link to Vote: https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll4061620xF7cf43bA-128[/center]

Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by dawnomike(m): 12:19am On Dec 14, 2021
I vote for contestant no.1
Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by Landoffreedom: 12:23am On Dec 14, 2021
dawnomike:
I vote for contestant no.1
Please I want the vote collated automatically. That's why I created the online poll to track the voting. Kindly cast your vote at the link. It only takes about 5 sec to do. 'Select your choice contestant' and click vote Now. See the attached image for how the poll look like. Thanks
Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by lonespectre: 1:05am On Dec 14, 2021
Can I vote for note than one person?
Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by Landoffreedom: 1:12am On Dec 14, 2021
lonespectre:
Can I vote for note than one person?
I'm sorry you can only vote for one contestant to protect the integrity of the poll. Thanks for that question.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by uthlaw: 1:16am On Dec 14, 2021
No 1...
Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by Landoffreedom: 1:19am On Dec 14, 2021
uthlaw:
No 1...
Please use the poll link to cast your vote for your preferred contestant.
Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by uthlaw: 1:19am On Dec 14, 2021
Landoffreedom:

Please use the poll link to cast your vote for your preferred contestant.
done!
Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by Landoffreedom: 1:23am On Dec 14, 2021
uthlaw:
done!
Much appreciated

1 Like

Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by Landoffreedom: 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
Please if you have not voted yet, kindly do so. Your participation is highly requested and appreciated.
Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by Landoffreedom: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
Thanks to the moderator of this section for removing the hold on this thread. It was at a point hidden due to innocuous mistakes of posting too many links. I sent an email and the hold was lifted. It shows the mods are also human and approachable. They listen to voice of reasoning. I don't know who the mod is but whoever it is, you are appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Win This 50K Business Intervention? Please Help Me To Choose! by lonespectre: 2:39am On Dec 15, 2021
Landoffreedom:

I'm sorry you can only vote for one contestant to protect the integrity of the poll. Thanks for that question.
OK

(1) (Reply)

Ebook And Article Writers Needed. / A Short Piece From My Heart Of Peace / Believing In Yourself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.