Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ (20480 Views)

Rohr: Egypt, Others Must Be Wary Of My "Young Team" / Sergio Ramos Shows Off Football Career Trophies For Club And Country (Photos) / Amuneke To Rohr: Chidera Ejuke, Awoniyi Deserve Eagles Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by robosky02(m): 8:54am On Dec 14, 2021
‘You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ — Okoye Pays Classy Tribute To Rohr

Maduka Okoye has “nothing but praise and gratitude” for Gernot Rohr after the former manager’s sacking by Nigeria, reports Completesports.com.

Rohr was dismissed by the Nigeria Football Federation after over five years in charge on Sunday following the Super Eagles poor performance in recent outings.

Okoye made his international debut under Rohr in a friendly against the Selecao of Brazil in November 2019.

Read Also: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Needs Support To Be Successful – Shorunmu

The young goalkeeper has now established himself as Nigeria’s number one goalkeeper and has also secure a move to Premier League club Watford.

The Sparta Rotterdam took to the social media to express his gratitude to the former Gabon and Niger Republic for his support.

“You turned my young football career around, helped me and gave this career a big boost!
You let me do what I always dreamed of, Playing for my fatherland Nigeria.
Thank you for almost 3 amazing years, your support and your trust.
I’m wishing you all the best Coach Rohr,”he tweeted.

https://www.completesports.com/you-turned-my-young-football-career-around-okoye-pays-classy-tribute-to-rohr/

9 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by robosky02(m): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2021
Kudos to rohr

At least he produce something

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by WibusJaga: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2021

Na so. In spite of widespread criticisms, there are still lots of positives about Rohr.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by paulolee(m): 9:54am On Dec 14, 2021
my uncle dt keeps always praising dis APC regime n buhari do tells me dt no matter how bad a situation is, some people still dey gain from dt bad state..
I know dt rhor isnt dt bad, at least he helped so many players by giving DM call up, my problem with him is dt he is very weak tactically n was exposed in dt car game dt we lost n also dt last game dt we draw..
also he stayed very long in dt post n achieved closed to nothing..

8 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by robosky02(m): 11:21am On Dec 14, 2021
paulolee:
my uncle dt keeps always praising dis APC regime n buhari do tells me dt no matter how bad a situation is, some people still dey gain from dt bad state..
I know dt rhor isnt dt bad, at least he helped so many players by giving DM call up, my problem with him is dt he is very weak tactically n was exposed in dt car game dt we lost n also dt last game dt we draw..
also he stayed very long in dt post n achieved closed to nothing..

Rohr certainly not a bad man

But footballically speaking he was not too good on technical ground

Congrats at least will be remembered as congest serving coach thanks to amaju

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by Timagex(m): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
In life, no matter how bad someone is, someone will always have something positive to say. cool

God, make me a positive influence to others.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!! shocked

11 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by Vinnie2000(m): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
Now dat Gernot Rohr has been sacked, Hope Critics are happy now? sad

Was telling dem here dat NFF will bring in a Worse Replacement!

Picking Eguaoveon again?
Why didn't they just call Onigbinde the Modakeke high chief? undecided

I believe If Shaibu Amodu was Alive, he would have been the to be First considered for the Super Eagles! sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by tillaman(m): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by ATEAMS: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
That's what up
Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by IKBARUTEN11(m): 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
Same way he turned around the football career of so many qualified youths just because of his selfish interests

1 Like

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by floss(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
He finished us financially...
Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by DisLifeSha: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
Low budget player

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by alphaconde(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2021
so who con be our coach now?

1 Like

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by Gkemz: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
Don't blame the recently sacked coach. Blame sai baba 'go slow' cos nothing works under him and what he cannot destroy doesn't exist.

6 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by ZombiePUNISHER: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
the same Rohr gave us
Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by Kuriosmynd: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nigeria is going to fail woefully at AFCON how do you sack a coach just few weeks before a major competition he qualified for?
Rohr's sack is knee-jerk, if NFF wasn't cool with his style, why not sack him months before now, so that the new coach can acclamatize and bond well with a new system and tactics.
You see, even the replacement who is probably going to be the coach for AFCON has no credential whatsoever. Austin Eguavon has nothing to write home about as regard experience, he's coaching career is actually next to blank and uninspiring. I read his profile and couldn't pinpoint one single highlight to warrant him take charge of Supereagles to Afcon.
We shouldnt expect anything at AFCON.

6 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by PennywysCares(m): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
cheesy
Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by osejie17(m): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
I pray we shouldn't regret the decision of sacking him. (rohr) as we did Jonathan. look where it got us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by daprofo: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by kstyle2(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
You guys don't see the big picture. What is wrong with Nigerian football is the NFF. You sack a coach who met all targets, a coach complained about the Lagos pitch but nothing was done and now CAF has come to ban the use of that same pitch the coach complained about. You owe a coach over 8 months of unpaid salaries. The bonus for the last AFCON in 2018 hasn't been paid completely. Now have a look at the impressive resume of the coaches employed by the NFF

Abeg when last did these coaches do any serious coaching…

In the last 10 years:

Eguavoen

2010 – Started our failure to qualify for 2012 AFCON with the loss in Conakry.

2011 – Failed to qualify arguably our most talented U23 team after the 96 squad for the 2012 olympics in London

2012 – Sharks of Portharcout – resigned after seven games with the team bottom of the NPFL table

2013 – Bendel Insurance – threw in towel before end of season.

2014 – Gombe United – relegated to the NNL that season

2017 – Fired after 3 months in charge

Aigbogun

2 spells with Warri wolves between 2012 – 2016 – Crashed out of CAF CL in 1st round, Crashed out of CAF CC in 2nd round

2016-2018 – Enyimba – No domestic titles, Finished bottom of CAF CL group with just 3 points

2019 – Flying Eagles – Gave us a disastrous flying eagles team that is yet to produce 1 talent for the SE 3 years later

2021 – Combined with Eguavoen to give us another disastrous Homebased eagles that disgraced the green and white flag with players who didnt even know how to position themselves on a soccer pitch

INTERESTINGLY, THE ABOVE 2 OUR THE HEADS OF THE TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT OF THE NFF CURRENTLY……LMAOOOoooo

Salisu Yusuf

The only manageable one amongst all of them, but cant wash off being caught on camera collecting bribes

2007 – 2010 – Kano Pillars – League title, CAF CL semi finals
2011 – 2014 – Enyimba – 2013 FA cup
2015 – Elkanemi
2019 – Enugu Rnagers

National teams
(2009 till date) SE assistant to Siasia, Keshi, Oliseh, Siasia (again) and Rohr
2016-2018 – Head coach CHAN eagles – runner up WAFU cup (2017), runner up CHAN 2018

Joseph Yobo
2020 till date – ZERO coaching profile. No job description in the SE. Nominally referred to as assistant coach, but we know better.
Disappeared when we needed the SE asst coach to raise homebased team to face Mexico.
Disappered when we needed the SE asst coach to raise homebased team to face Congo, DRC and Sierra Leonean homebased teams in a friendly invitational.
Ladies and Gentlemen, behold thy new “BETTER” “OUR OWN” coaches.

LMAoooooo

Wetin eye dey find, eye go see o….!

17 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by Eastlink(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
We will regret sacking Rohr. It was obvious he needed a technical assistant. What stops the NFF from supporting him in that regard.

To even think they brough back Eguavoen. Eguavoen of all coaches. Watch as the clown take us back to the Super Eagles of settlements, man-know-man and selling matches. Tufia!

7 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
People who show gratitude go far in life.

3 Likes

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by Bobcat706: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
see below
Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by kstyle2(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
Eastlink:
We will regret sacking Rohr. It was obvious he needed a technical assistant. What stops the NFF from supporting him in that regard.

To even think they brough back Eguavoen. Eguavoen of all coaches. Tufia!
we never wise. Yobo was forced on him as an assistant despite having no coaching qualifications whatsoever. Kolo toure has earned his coaching badge and started working with Rodgers at Celtic. Senegal's coach, cisse earned his coaching badge and has done well. Yobo with nothing whatsoever gets to be assistant coach. How come? Why couldn't the coach be sent on refresher course abroad with some of his assistants? Our last match against Cape Verde, Iheanacho, awaziem and omeruo snuck girls into the hotel and partied. When Rohr discovered he decided to send all three players packing but a call came from NFF that he shouldn't do that. Iheanacho came in in the 2nd half and couldn't run.
We just aren't ready to call a spade a spade

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ by spy24(m): 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
I know say na wetin go happen be this

How do you sack rorh and replace him with a sub standard coach

Nigeria go hear am for afcon

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? / Arsenal To Sign Nwakali Chukwueze Nigeria Under 17 Starlets / "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.