Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

The Mistakes I Made When I Started Creating Products - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Mistakes I Made When I Started Creating Products (174 Views)

I Notice Strange Marks On My Body When I Wake Up / 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing / Ideas On Common Mistakes I Must Avoid During Singles Tour Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mistakes I Made When I Started Creating Products by Ashu1: 11:21am On Dec 14, 2021
One of my favorite internet marketing activities is creating, launching, and growing my product portfolio. It wasn't always like this though. I used to absolutely suck at it and I didn't enjoy it at all. It took me ages to even create simple ecourse (no PDF required even!)

The fact is, I made a ton of mistakes which prevented me from successfully making money with new information products. Here's the mistakes I made and how I correct them.

Keep Reading: How To See Sensitive Content On Twitter?

1. Didn't have scarcity built into my products and launches

When I started, I absolutely sucked at copywriting and didn't know the first thing about making people buy my products. That's why I didn't make any money!

The fact is that scarcity is the reason people buy. Limited number of units, time based scarcity, or "bonus takeaway" scarcity are all things that make people buy. Most of the time, even if people like your product and want it they won't buy because they are constantly bombarded with stuff to buy, look, see, do, and hear. You must get them to buy RIGHT NOW.

Solution: I have started using consistent "price increases in 24 hours" type emails to get people to buy. As part of all my products I use lifetime updates to make them realize that they should buy now to get the lowest possible price. This results in a huge increase in sales right before the deadline.

2. All my early products were ebooks or written work

Ironically for a blogger, I'm not the biggest fan of writing. I really enjoy my blog because it's a creative outlet for me and allows me to share my content with my email subscribers, get indexed by google thus finding new viewers, and putting my views out in the marketplace.

Other than that, I hate writing anything much longer than a 500 word article. Yep there it is…an article marketer who hates writing.

I hate writing for one simple reason…the time and energy it takes to consistently create quality content. Now that being said, I wouldn't be where I am in terms of discipline and list size if it wasn't for article marketing.

This was the reason why I created my Article Burnout Eliminator product. I got so burned out because I wasn't having fun. So I found little systems to get more bang for my buck.

How does this relate to product creation? Well writing an ebook is just a longer version of article marketing. I hated ebook creation just as much writing articles in the beginning.

The rule of business for 99.9% of all people is as follows

No fun=no perseverance=no money therefore no fun=no money

Solution: I started having more fun creating products when I switched to shooting videos with Camtasia. Instead of writing step by step directions I just did it on video and then told people what I was doing as I went along.

AND I LOVED IT. I still do which is why all my new products are mostly video products. I am also making a lot more money now than I did before.

Remember lots of fun= lots of money in most businesses.

Visit us at conflict-news.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#northisbleeding: Sokoto And Suya'd Passengers By Bandits / IJAW Youths Call For Peace, Tenders Unreserved Apology To Timipre Sylva, CSO / Federal Character Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.