Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Timaya Becomes Un Peace Ambassador . - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya Becomes Un Peace Ambassador . (954 Views)

Beware Of Nigerian Celebrities Claiming To UN Peace Ambassadors / PICTURES- UN Peace Ambassadors Goldie, Ruggedman, Weirdmc's Tour Lagos Schools / TIMAYA IS NOW UN PEACE AMBASSADOR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Timaya Becomes Un Peace Ambassador . by HighChief4(m): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2011
In apparent recognition of his propagation of peace in the restive Niger-Delta region, consistent hitmaker, Enetimi Odom, the musician popularly known as Timaya, has been appointed a Peace Ambassador by the Interreligious and International Federation for World Peace, IIFWP, a division of the United Nations.

According to Dr. Hak Ja Haan Moon, co-founder of the IIFWP, Timaya was especially chosen for this honour because he is “one of those individuals whose lives exemplify the ideal of living for the sake of others, and who dedicate themselves to practices which promote the founding ideals of the IIFWP.”

Among other things, the Peace Ambassadorship comes with a special number plate for the singer.

Reacting to the honour, Timaya says, “I am happy. Honestly, I am. This goes to show that the ideals I am using the instrumentality of my music to preach are not in vain. I have said it in my music and at different fora that Nigeria can only progress unless the Federal Government pays more than lip-service to the agitations of the people of the Niger-Delta. It is even a good thing that the President is from that region which means that things will surely get better. I thank those who deemed it expedient to make me a Peace Ambassador and I promise not to relent in this struggle.”

Moon says further that the new Ambassador for Peace, like others from all over the world, is expected to contribute to the fulfilment of the hope of all ages, a unified world of peace wherein the spiritual and material dimensions of life are harmonized. Thus, Timaya joins a short list of highly rated celebrities including D’fbanj, Ini Edo and Ramsey Noah who are also UN Ambassadors. Interestingly, this recent honour is coming a few weeks after the ‘Egberi Papa 1 of Bayelsa’ as he is also known was specially recognised and appreciated for his outstanding contributions to the social and cultural development of Sierra-Leone at the country’s 50th Independence anniversary.

Meanwhile, Timaya and his Dem Mama Soldiers are currently on a 10-country tour of Europe spanning Holland, Greece, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland and France among others. During the trip, he will perform at the FIFA Women’s World Cup holding in Germany between June 26 and July 17 where the Super Falcons of Nigeria are participating.
Re: Timaya Becomes Un Peace Ambassador . by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2011
Who dash monkey banana
Re: Timaya Becomes Un Peace Ambassador . by Mcleo007(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2011
So, any Tom, Dick and Harry can now be named a UN Ambassador

(1) (Reply)

2face Idibia And Karen Igho Covers Complete Fashion Magazine / Asa’s “beautiful Imperfection” Album Hits #3 On Billboard World Music Chart / Yoruba Movie Actor 'lekinson' Dies Of Heart-related Ailment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.