Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal (39791 Views)

Daddy Freeze On Ikoyi Registry: No Wonder My First Marriage Didn't Work Out / Court Declares Naira Marley Wanted Over Car Theft. / Simi React To Adekunle Gold ,throwback Photo ,see Her Comment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
ashewoboy:
Silly celebrities. jumping on trends.

since adesua is a baby mama, I go like phvck hercheesy. sweet girl.
grin grin cheesy
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Murio001: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
So, they're just realising?
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by aspabay(m): 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Some high court judges should be declared as mentally unfit to perform....SMH

How? For interpreting the law?

You need help seriously

2 Likes

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2021
mhizloaner:
grin see my country zazu zeh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV9I36an194
this thing make me laugh... The guy get talent ���

Zazou zeh!! OSU zeh!! grin grin grin
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by 2mininuP: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2021
Can't laugh funnies stories everyday 9jaaaaa
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by emmykk(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
festacman:
That ruling is nothing but judicial rascality. The judge loses nothing by saying that effective from the day of ruling that any marriage done at Ikoyi Registry is null and void.

In any case, I am sure a stay of execution will be secured while an appeal is pursued very shortly.

You can't be wiser than the judge not to use that,rather those involved should go and do the needful

1 Like

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by emijo(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
Abeg who go gimme small work wey I go use hold body for this Lagos till January?
Make person no die of hunger.
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Nonexisting: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
Wise men will see this as opportunity to get off the entrapment called marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
festacman:
That ruling is nothing but judicial rascality. The judge loses nothing by saying that effective from the day of ruling that any marriage done at Ikoyi Registry is null and void.

In any case, I am sure a stay of execution will be secured while an appeal is pursued very shortly.
Nigeria judges are too controversial, they like make everywhere dey hot over nothing.
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by frozen70(f): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
ashewoboy:
Silly celebrities. jumping on trends.

since adesua is a baby mama, I go like phvck hercheesy. sweet girl.

You just revealed your stupidity with this comment.

Wise up, Obi is no longer a boy
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by BABANGBALI: 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ajepako, mynd44, fatymore, funkebabee, bola146, folake4u and vickyrotex, I hope this was not the place you all did I do I do?
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Mitsurugi(m): 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
festacman:

You don't understand law my brother. Something cannot stand on nothing. This is not sentiment it is a pure interpretation of the law.

1 Like

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by wizdooarchy3(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
Wahala 4 those bae wia tinz say dey don win.
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Datedoboy: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
festacman:

I expected it to be from day of rulling too. Nigeria is filled with comedy. Funny people everywhere
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by 123papas(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
So who will pay for the damages?

1 Like

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by datamillionaire: 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
Really? Well, if you must know, sound judges base their judgement strictly on what the written laws of the land clearly state. They don't allow any sentiment, emotion, personal feeling and personal opinion becloud their reasoning and affect their judgement. They don't even give a damn about the opinion, sentiment and feeling of the masses. It's only what the constitution clearly says that matters.

So you can't blame the judge for passing this type of judgement as far as it's based on what the constitution says. Blame the FG for going beyond their boundary!

gasparpisciotta:
Some high court judges should be declared as mentally unfit to perform....SMH
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by mayzee: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nonexisting:
Wise men will see this as opportunity to get off the entrapment called marriage.

Suppose locate you buy you beer. Saves the stress of divorce.

1 Like

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by thecommunist(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
juniorstar:
And to think it was the most recognised for japa things
hahahaha....people that have japa will have to remarry abroad
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by InvertedHammer: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
grandstar:
This is a simple problem.

All federal mariages already conducted should be ractified by local governments. A grace period should be given.

The sooner it's done, the better. This can give 2nd wives and concubines the opportunity to usurp the 1st wife by conducting a local government registered wedding during this limbo stage.
/

Person wey no wan him own ratified nkor because him marriage get wahala? Abi na by force?

/
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by joelag: 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
Na local men dey go marry for registery.
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Okhuadams(m): 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
State001:
Singer Banky W has reacted to a Federal High Court’s declaration that it was unconstitutional for the federal government to conduct marriages, declaring as illegal and invalid, all solemnisation of unions at the Ikoyi marriage registry, Lagos, Igbere TV reports.

The singer reached out to his wife Adesua Etomi on Monday, drawing her attention to the new development.

Banky W wrote:

https://twitter.com/BankyW/status/1470503068957564930

Following her colleague’s reaction, singer Simi wrote:

https://twitter.com/SympLySimi/status/1470692556447133701

Igbere TV reports that the court presided over by Justice D. E. Osiagor, also held that only the local government marriage registries are empowered to do such by the provisions of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

He submitted that the conduct of marriages and issuance of certificates were statutorily the job of the local governments as provided by the law.

The judge added that the acts of the federal government through the Ministry of Interior, operating marriage registries was beyond their powers and all marriages conducted by federal marriage registries or through their agents were illegal and invalid.
Oga which one b shout go local registry go do the needful
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Rree: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
How
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by frowland(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
amzee:
So marriages conducted there should be dissolved?

Nigerian judiciary is a MESS

The law is the law. They can regularize their documents under the LG but not necessarily conducting new marriage.

1 Like

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Tareq1105: 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
Thank God, I had mine at Lagos Island (City Hall) local government.
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by abbey621(m): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
Jokers......As long as it was considered legal before this ruling, all marriages that took place there are considered legal in the eye of the law.

1 Like

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Tareq1105: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
frowland:

The law is the law. They can regularize their documents under the LG but not necessarily conducting new marriage.

But the date of marriage will change.
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Mozhac(m): 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2021
After collecting money from people

State001:
Singer Banky W has reacted to a Federal High Court’s declaration that it was unconstitutional for the federal government to conduct marriages, declaring as illegal and invalid, all solemnisation of unions at the Ikoyi marriage registry, Lagos, Igbere TV reports.

The singer reached out to his wife Adesua Etomi on Monday, drawing her attention to the new development.

Banky W wrote:

https://twitter.com/BankyW/status/1470503068957564930

Following her colleague’s reaction, singer Simi wrote:

https://twitter.com/SympLySimi/status/1470692556447133701

Igbere TV reports that the court presided over by Justice D. E. Osiagor, also held that only the local government marriage registries are empowered to do such by the provisions of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

He submitted that the conduct of marriages and issuance of certificates were statutorily the job of the local governments as provided by the law.

The judge added that the acts of the federal government through the Ministry of Interior, operating marriage registries was beyond their powers and all marriages conducted by federal marriage registries or through their agents were illegal and invalid.
Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Coldie(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
To me people whose marriage was declared null and void have the right to sue ikoyi registry or to demand full refund with compensation.

This is what greed cause, the Fg no dae use eye see anything way involve money

1 Like

Re: Banky W, Simi React As Court Declares Marriages At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by datamillionaire: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
LOL. The law existed before the judgement sir. So it would not make any legal sense for the judge to arbitrarily declare 'effective from this day of rulling bla bla bla'.

IN THE 'EYES' OF THE LAW, no marriage ever took place at Ikoyi Registry because THE LAW NEVER RECOGNIZED SUCH MARRIAGE FROM INCEPTION! grin

festacman:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido: "I Need 10 Million Dollars To Sort My Life Out" / Burna Boy Billboard Spotted In Times Square, New York City (PHOTO) / Gifty And Her Rumoured Boyfriend, Mr 2kay Spotted At Lagos Polo Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.