Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,725 members, 7,865,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE (322 Views)

Why Killings Continue In Zamfara Despite Mining Ban — Nigerian Military / Why Killings Continue In Nigeria – US / Why Killings Persists In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE by JaroMan: 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
Every society harvest what the place the values on.
I stayed in the north and these were my observation.
1. Religion: The north place premium value on religion. And most of their teachers are foreigners. Libya, Egypt, Pakistan etc. The messages of these teachers are not diluted to suit the Nigeria society. So the adherents over do to impress the foreign teachers. Just like when a Israeli Rabbi is explaining Tora to you. A Nigeria Jewish Rabbi can't say things the way they are.

2. Politics: During voters registration, secondary and primary schools are closed so that students and pupils will participate. So the north place more value on politics than education and this informs their approach to politics. They can do anything for power. But because they neglecte the very thing (education) that would guide a power holder, he will becomes rudderless with power.
Are there educated North? Very well and brilliant too. But emphasis is not on education.

3. Extreme love for money: The Southerners are saints when it comes to corruption compared to north.
They are very very corrupt and because of power, they have EFCC and get selective treatment. They think it's helpful.
When corrupt money enters the hand of politicians, he invests in two places:
Religion and politics. These two breed the bandits and terrorists we see today.

4. Tribe: North takes issue of tribe very serious. During my stay in Keffi-Hausa(didn't know if I got the name correctly), there are Fulani there who migrated from Niger, but by the name of the area, you will know it's predominantly Hausa.
The Hausas warned us never to register these Fulanis. But because of these few F ulanis, the state REC will always call our AO to make sure those people are registered.
According to my friend Sani, those Fulani are killers but there's nothing they can do since, according to him, even the governor knows they're there.
If you've not been to north, you may think it's all about Fulani and Hausa. In fact in my church, one Sunday we had cultural Sunday, where all the tribes would do song presentation.
When it was the turn of the north, for more than 30 minutes, they couldn't agree on who to represent them.
I was shocked, the even our pastor, a Taraba man could not prevail on them.

So these and more are why I think violence in the north is just starting.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE by TooMuchStuff: 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
In addition to your points....
The Muslim North are neck deep in Sunni Muslim ideology. Hate and bloody violence is most cherished.

In their wicked world, a crime committed is viewed from the position of WHO commits it as against what the LAW says on the CRIME.
When a southerner is involved in murder in the North the law would definitely take its course but if it's a Muslim to Muslim, it's MAY be watered down with little or no punishment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE by joyandfaith: 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
It is south that is keeping north together. North has been using blood of southerners for economic and political advantage. Gej presidency angered them, they released jihadists jto frustrate him. They are now loose cannon, uncontrollable. They would stop until south get sense. Violence will worse in the coming years especially if a southerner emerges as president in 2023.
I see uprisings like Arab type in the North.
Re: Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE by JaroMan: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
In addition to your points....
The Muslim North are neck deep in Sunni Muslim ideology. Hate and bloody violence is most cherished.

In their wicked world, a crime committed is viewed from the position of WHO commits it as against what the LAW says on the CRIME.
When a southerner is involved in murder in the North the law would definitely take its course but if it's a Muslim to Muslim, it's MAY be watered down with little or no punishment
You're correct. Those that commit violent crimes in the north are well know. But the authorities preserve them for the purpose of violence. And one thing about the violence in the north is; it can come from any angle.
There are intra religious(Sunni v Shiite) there are inter religious(Islam v Christian). Intra tribe and inter tribe. These fights happen almost on daily basis.
But why these fights persist is the question of : who are involved?
Re: Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE by JaroMan: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
joyandfaith:
It is south that is keeping north together. North has been using blood of southerners for economic and political advantage. Gej presidency angered them, they released jihadists jto frustrate him. They are now loose cannon, uncontrollable. They would stop until south get sense. Violence will worse in the coming years especially if a southerner emerges as president in 2023.
I see uprisings like Arab type in the North.
I stayed well I Kano. Do you know Hezbollah? That is the Lebanese terror group? They have strong base in Kano. So many terror groups in Africa and middle East have strong base in Kano. They don't hide it o.o.
The violence in the north are not reported at all, especially Kano.
North will one day have inter terrorist fight because the rate the seek recognition is becoming daring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Killings In The North With Get WORSE by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
JaroMan:
Every society harvest what the place the values on.
I stayed in the north and these were my observation.
1. Religion: The north place premium value on religion. And most of their teachers are foreigners. Libya, Egypt, Pakistan etc. The messages of these teachers are not diluted to suit the Nigeria society. So the adherents over do to impress the foreign teachers. Just like when a Israeli Rabbi is explaining Tora to you. A Nigeria Jewish Rabbi can't say things the way they are.

2. Politics: During voters registration, secondary and primary schools are closed so that students and pupils will participate. So the north place more value on politics than education and this informs their approach to politics. They can do anything for power. But because they neglecte the very thing (education) that would guide a power holder, he will becomes rudderless with power.
Are there educated North? Very well and brilliant too. But emphasis is not on education.

3. Extreme love for money: The Southerners are saints when it comes to corruption compared to north.
They are very very corrupt and because of power, they have EFCC and get selective treatment. They think it's helpful.
When corrupt money enters the hand of politicians, he invests in two places:
Religion and politics. These two breed the bandits and terrorists we see today.

4. Tribe: North takes issue of tribe very serious. During my stay in Keffi-Hausa(didn't know if I got the name correctly), there are Fulani there who migrated from Niger, but by the name of the area, you will know it's predominantly Hausa.
The Hausas warned us never to register these Fulanis. But because of these few F ulanis, the state REC will always call our AO to make sure those people are registered.
According to my friend Sani, those Fulani are killers but there's nothing they can do since, according to him, even the governor knows they're there.
If you've not been to north, you may think it's all about Fulani and Hausa. In fact in my church, one Sunday we had cultural Sunday, where all the tribes would do song presentation.
When it was the turn of the north, for more than 30 minutes, they couldn't agree on who to represent them.
I was shocked, the even our pastor, a Taraba man could not prevail on them.

So these and more are why I think violence in the north is just starting.
illiteracy.. they so much hate Israel & USA.they also hate education

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Kaduna Lawmaker / Subsidy Removal, Currency Devaluation And Incessant Loans(The APC Combo) / Inside Northern Nigeria (government Told Me Not To Come!) - Indigo Traveller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.