Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) (47853 Views)

2 Nurses, Security Men Docked For Cutting Flesh From Corpse At Ibadan Hospital / Husband Bathed Wife And Children With Acid In Katsina And Ran Away (Photos) / Man With Sharp Dagger Chases PHCN Officials Away (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by WriterNig: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2021

Exterior design of the ZKZM-500 laser gun. (Photo: ZKZM Laser)

Elon Musk’s flamethrowers are mere playthings compared to this lethal new laser rifle.

Chinese scientists at the Xian Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics have developed a fully functioning prototype of the “ZKZM-500 laser assault rifle.”

The 15mm caliber weapon is being compared to an AK-47 because of its similar 6.6-lb weight, but it’s firepower capabilities sound like something straight out of a sci-fi movie.

According to researchers who wish to remain anonymous, the ZKZM-500 fires an energy beam undetectable to the human eye that can pass through glass and cause the “instant carbonization” of human flesh from half a mile away.

“The pain will be beyond endurance,” one researcher said. “[It can] burn through clothes in a split second. If the fabric is flammable, the whole person will be set on fire”.

“Nobody will know where the attack came from,” another anonymous researcher added. “It will look like an accident.”

Each will cost $15,000 to manufacture at large-scale production and can fire 1,000 “shots” on a single charge from a lithium ion battery.

Though it clearly has deadly potential, the ZKZM-500 also has “non-lethal” applications.

The Southern China Morning Post has further details:

In the event of a hostage situation it could be used to fire through windows at targets and temporarily disable the kidnappers while other units move in to rescue their captives.

It could also be used in covert military operations. The beam is powerful enough to burn through a gas tank and ignite the fuel storage facility in a military airport.

The lasers cannot kill a target with a single shot, but if fired at a person for long enough the weapons would start to burn a hole in their body, cutting through them like a surgical knife.

Anti-terrorism squads in the Chinese Armed Police will likely be the first to test these laser guns in the field.

Your move, Elon.

credit: Maxim

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 15, 2021
Nice Glock. It should be used on boko boys

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Cool. smiley

I need one. Where can I get it? There is one boy like that...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Dalil8: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2021
Impressive but I'll go with this bad boy instead.

Gilboa DBR Snake.

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Dorcmass(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2021
They just want to end this life

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Stephendeals: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2021
omo!

A lots of money is pumped into researches for Dangerous Weapons, alot is expended yearly to produce and maintain weapons
but less energy is use to combat poverty and create friendship

276 Likes 21 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Chloraseptic: 11:00am On Dec 15, 2021
Only in American army you would see Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, British, Indian, Nigerian and the rest.. That's why they know what almost the rest of the world know but their own is not known...

China can only rub shoulders with America economically but when it comes to advance technologies and military hardware/softwares they dare not.

128 Likes 19 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Chloraseptic: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Cool. smiley

You want to gun him down because he hit your vehicle once and disappeared?

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Magnoliaa(f): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Only in American army you would see Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, British, Indian, Nigerian and the rest.. That's why they know what almost the rest of the world know but their own is not known...
Hmm.

China can only rub shoulders with America economically but when it comes to advance technologies and military hardware/softwares they dare not.
But why is American touted so much as being all of it? Does China really not come close?

Although I feel the Chinese are fond of publicising their inventions and all so much maybe to puff air or for publicity and the US doesn't, so it seems as if they (the Chinese) are developing so much.

But what do I know.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by obedugo(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2021
Buhari will gladly buy this one for bandits

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Freestainworld(m): 11:50am On Dec 15, 2021
This is frightening

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by oracle009(m): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Hmm.

But why is American touted so much as being all of it? Does China really not come close?

But what do I know.

Coz America is a cosmopolitan. They harvest brains from every parts of the world. Any country that will measure up to America must follow suit. Canada is trying to, China will never get there. Unfortunately, the last era in America really pulled them behind. I look at my Team here and can count less than 30% Americans in the team. Most of us are foreigners and that is how most Labs here are. America banks on best of the best from every part of the world

69 Likes 14 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by pointblank247(m): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2021
I need one, I want to check something near Aso rock

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Cool. smiley

It's up for sale...let me know if you in need of it urgently..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2021
SmellySperm:
Nice Glock. It should be used on boko boys
Is that a Glock?

4 Likes

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Magnoliaa(f): 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
oracle009:
Coz America is a cosmopolitan. They harvest brains from every parts of the world. Any country that will measure up to America must follow suit. Canada is trying to, China will never get there. Unfortunately, the last era in America really pulled them behind.

This is sensible. Same thing the other guy pointed out. America has people from other parts, but the other parts have little to no (or fewer) Americans and foreigners (?). That doesn't affect the American people negatively, does it? I mean, I wonder why other nations aren't following suit, but I guess they are trying to be ethnocentric by having more of the countrypeople make up significant sectors of their society.

The last era - you mean Donald Trump's presidency?

And you say China will NEVER get there? You're not an authority na. Tides can change. World powers have always been changing since time immemorial.

I look at my Team here and can count less than 30% Americans in the team. Most of us are foreigners and that is how most Labs here are. America banks on best of the best from every part of the world

This is really nice sha. I like how they promote the best brains and bring them together to maximise the highest potentials. They are really so far ahead in growth and development and equality. (Another theory is that they only use the best brains for selfish purposes).

On the other hand, I wonder why there is still so much 'cry' about gender and racial inequality over there, given the above situation -- unless it's a whitewash (the achievements and development and of that.

Sha I hope my question-like interaction isn't annoying. I really do not know...so... I want to form my opinions by listening to reading from different people.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by igbesachick: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
oracle009:

Coz America is a cosmopolitan. They harvest brains from every parts of the world. Any country that will measure up to America must follow suit. Canada is trying to, China will never get there. Unfortunately, the last era in America really pulled them behind. I look at my Team here and can count less than 30% Americans in the team. Most of us are foreigners and that is how most Labs here are. America banks on best of the best from every part of the world

dumbass, every man is equal. china has 1400 million ppl while america has only 350 million.

you think mulattos have higher IQ and can beat the pure blood chinese ?

you should thank china which shows you that any single race can be equal with the caucasian race.

stuff your inferiority complex to yourselves.

Brain drain for china ? a country with 2 universities among the Top 20 in the world ? a country with 137 companies among fortune Top 500 that brain drains white experts to work in china ?!

dont assume chinese be like african and indian who seek green cards in the West.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by igbesachick: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
Chloraseptic:

1) first of all, dont put india and nigeria with other countries. these two dont deserve.

2) chinese do NOT serve in US army. but some bananas serve. those taiwan bananas or the second generation .

3) china is getting off its labor-intense , low-salaried, heavily-polluted industries to India, nigeria , vietnam and other sorry-assed late-comers.

4) chinese are trying to grab the high-end imdustries with the West . car manufacturing, plane building , pharmacies.... the so called scrambling for 5G technology is a beginning.

5) africa guys, this time is no longer scrambling for africa in 19th century. you are either totally fvcked up or you are merging in a multi-polar world society. dont pick a wrong side again !!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Onyenna(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
Daayyuumm!!!

2 Likes

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Danjikanbauchi: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
Everyone is southern Nigeria should buy guns now because 2022/2023 will be hot.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by AllahIsSatan: 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
I prefer a Desert Eagle. .50 Calibre to be precise....

[img]https://images./1upxqcbaeKbuavOGQL8yvP.jpg[/img]

Dalil8:
Impressive but I'll go with this bad boy instead.

Gilboa DBR Snake.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by TheWolfen(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
All these weapon for who?
God save us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
embarassed

No hope for humanity.

Humanity has lost it.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by oracle009(m): 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
igbesachick:

dumbass, every man is equal. china has 1400 million ppl while america has only 350 million.

"Non-dumbass" , you are welcome. Joining words with you is a waste of resources.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Truly the end is near.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Crusadee: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by ignis: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
This guy's will soon end the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by Administration1: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
The Israelis' had a test run some time ago of something similar, but one might prefer the Gilboa Snake and Tavor(all variants) both made by the Israelis'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: China's New ‘Laser’ Gun Can Silently Burn Through Flesh From 0.8km Away (Photos) by ExAngel007(f): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
maddt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Spain: Woman Sliced Off Her Boss' Penis With A Knife After He Tried To Rape Her / Cult Boys Beat Up And Strip Lady Naked For Using Their Slang In Tik Tok [VIDEO] / I Have Slept With 1000 Men - Benue Man Who Impersonates Female Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.