Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note (803 Views)

Man Found Alive In Bayelsa Forest With Hands, Legs Tied (Disturbing Photos) / 300 Level UNIBEN Student Commits Suicide, Drops Suicide Note(Disturbing Photos) / Pretty 17-Year-Old Girl Buried Alive After Leaving Nightclub In Argentina (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by Newsmic: 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note (Photos)

Jude Nicholas, the President of Nigerian Universities Education Students' Association (NUESA), Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan, who had gone missing after sharing a 26-page long suicide note has been found alive a day after he went missing, IgbereTV reports.

Nicholas had sent a 26-page suicide note to friends and vanished. For one whole day, family and friends looked for him to no avail and his story was shared online as they begged for help to locate him.

A relative who took to Twitter to beg for help in finding him has now given an update. She said he has been found and thanked those who helped spread the message. No further detail was given.

Nicholas' plight began in 2017 when he had surgery for hernia. During the surgery, the doctor tampered with a major vein that supplies blood from his heart to his legs. Since then, he's been going in and out hospital, battling to save his legs.

He said the damaged veins became varicose veins and risks becoming gangrene which could lead to amputation.

He added photos of his legs in the suicide not he typed.

He said he kept his health challenges to himself, using whatever money he had to treat himself, until he became so bad that he began visiting hospital up to three times each week as walking became too painful.

He then opened up to a lecturer at school, asking for help from Univeristy of Ibadan. However, his efforts to get help proved abortive.

He said it got to the point where he began "using money gotten legally and illegally" to address his health issues.

He said money he made through cryptocurrency trading went towards treatment. He added that he also dipped hands into his faculty NUESA purse to get money to treat himself.

He said he can't keep living this way, adding that even if he doesn't take his life, he will "still be dying soon".

"Death is inevitable," he wrote.

"At this point, to die is peace for me," he added.

Also, the Speaker of NUESA FLC University of Ibadan sent a message on Wednesday, 15th December which confirms that Nicholas has been found and receiving treatment.

The message read:

"Good morning Hon. Members. Thank you for your concern for nicholas. We found him already and he's receiving treatment currently."

https://igberetvnews.com/1409133/missing-ui-faculty-president-found-alive-sharing-26-page-suicide-note-photos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by Newsmic: 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
See

Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by Newsmic: 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
More

Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by Parisian: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by gambia(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by RoyalBlu(f): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
gambia:

"Good morning Hon. Members. Thank you for your concern for nicholas. We found him already and he's receiving treatment currently."

He isn't dead!

*I pray he gets the help to go through this phase. It's well.
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by BigSarah(f): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
26 pages? Obvious he had no courage to go through with it..

Suicide note should be 3 lines at most
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by longetivity(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
gambia:
una no dey read tongue
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dam!!

The guy needs all the support e van get right now
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
26 pages, he is not yet ready to commit suicide! People dey leave only half a note him own come be 26 pages. Nonsense and comedy! Wonder what would make a young guy start reasoning like a chicks that doesn't know how to cross a road. Is this what the president of the Zoo had turned its citizens into? Get well and denounce the Zoo and be free from spirit of suicide!
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by aimmoney9: 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
26 pages, who wan read am.... grin

Next time keep it simple, ask your colleagues who were successful and passed with flying colours and they will tell you....

A word is enough for the suicidal.... grin
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by MufasaLion: 7:24am On Dec 16, 2021
This country is shit. See how they delayed the process of his treatment. Sad!

I hope he gets better.
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by MufasaLion: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2021
aimmoney9:
26 pages, who wan read am.... grin

Next time keep it simple, ask your colleagues who were successful and passed with flying colours and they will tell you....

A word is enough for the suicidal.... grin

You sound dumb. He was courageous enough to detail his thought and suffering. Most people ain't that courageous.
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by aimmoney9: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2021
MufasaLion:

You sound dumb. He was courageous enough to detail his thought and suffering. Most people ain't that courageous.
Next time detail yours so that you will sound courageous.... grin
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by MufasaLion: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2021
aimmoney9:

Next time detail yours so that you will sound courageous.... grin

Nah! I ain't suicidal. Nothing can make me commit suicide. I mean, NOTHING.
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by aimmoney9: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2021
MufasaLion:

Nah! I ain't suicidal. Nothing can make me commit suicide. I mean, NOTHING.
I thought you said 26 pages suicide note was courageous.... grin

Why are you running.... grin
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by MufasaLion: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2021
aimmoney9:

I thought you said 26 pages suicide note was courageous.... grin

Why are you running.... grin

Read between the lines and understand.
Re: Missing UI Faculty President Found Alive After Sharing 26-Page Suicide Note by aimmoney9: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2021
MufasaLion:

Read between the lines and understand.
There's nothing to read in between the lines where suicide is concerned..... grin

It is either something is or isn't..... grin

(1) (Reply)

Killing Agitators: I'm Only Following Ojukwu Orders - Buhari / My Husband Sexually Harasses Our Daughters, Threatens To Kill Me If I Stop Him- / Police Are Hunting For A Potential Practitioner Of Witchcraft Who Stole The Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.