Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? (741 Views)

How To Install Fortnite For Android (without Google Play) / How To Block Ads On Android Without Root / More Data Or More Airtime: Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by shrinkpk(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2021
A few days ago, I was browsing the internet, searching if there is any possible later Android OS for my LG G4 apart from the Android 6.1 (Marshmallow) which was the last officially supported update for the LG G4 for most carriers then I came across several options. From LineageOS to /e/OS with the later being an officially supported ROM and it's also an Android 9; more later than the one from LineageOS.

For me, /e/OS is strange. I've heard a lot about lineageOS. I've even used their ROMs on my previous phones but I'd for once known or experienced /e/OS before so, before I jumped onto using it, I made a little research about the /e/OS. Entering /e/OS on Google search pulled a number of articles about the /e/OS but there was a particular one that actually interests me more because most things I need to learn about /e/OS are actually contained on this page.

By what I have seen about the /e/OS so far, I am already impressed and willing to try the ROM on my phone for a number of reasons but there is a particular concern; how would the experience on an Android without any of Google services feel like?

I mean, without Google Play Store, Maps, Gmail, Drive and the likes. Would such a ROM really make sense?

Has any of you guys used or known about the /e/OS before? Thank you guys.
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by Cozbymaster97(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
Not at all.
The phone will be so limited.

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by scarycuteface(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2021
NO
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by DarkJeddi(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2021
Certainly not..

That would be one handicapped device.. sad
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by constance500: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2021
Recently tried Gionee s10.. Every other thing was smooth except Google play service.. Nearly gave me high BP.. In short I no fit
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by Mohbola(f): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
never
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by OneKinGuy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
There are lots of people who has completely removed anything from google in life. Usually, When I use custom roms, I end up not installing the gapps version sometimes as they end up using much resources. in fact, the only Google app I have on my phone is the Playstore and YouTube Vanced.

You can check out some alternatives to google apps
https://github.com/tycrek/degoogle
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by shrinkpk(m): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2021
Cozbymaster97:
Not at all.
The phone will be so limited.
Sorry. Limited in what sense? I really don't understand that.
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by shrinkpk(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
OneKinGuy:
There are lots of people who has completely removed anything from google in life. Usually, When I use custom roms, I end up not installing the gapps version sometimes as they end up using much resources. in fact, the only Google app I have on my phone is the Playstore and YouTube Vanced.

You can check out some alternatives to google apps
https://github.com/tycrek/degoogle

It's like you speak my mind. I was actually looking forward to something like that.
Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by Timmyspy(m): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
All Google core apps are permanently disabled on all my android devices. Contrary to many uninformed opinions, there's no fallback. My phones works more efficiently and more smoothly. I simply use third party store, websites like uptodown or apkpure, or just direct download from websites to update my apps. As a bonus I'm not spied upon by Google. You can use any android without the Google services or store.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer An Android Without Any Google Services? by shrinkpk(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Timmyspy:
...I'm not spied upon by Google.

This is exactly the reason I am considering the /e/OS but I was worried the OS would underperform. But heck! I was wrong. I have already flashed the ROM on my LG G4.

The battery life of the phone is now excellent and that too, inspite of the fact that with /e/OS, I am now able to run Android 10 on my LG G4.

Several good things about the /e/OS. I am glad I came across the article: /E/OS Is A Complete Android Without A Bit Of Google

(1) (Reply)

Oraimo Earbuds Review 2022; Is It The Best In Nigeria? / UK Used Iphone 13pro Max For Sale / Infinix Note 12i Vs Samsung Galaxy A23: Key Features And Spec Overview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.