Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' (6151 Views)

I Emailed My School To Get A Diploma Replacement And That's The Message I Got. / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School / Threat Message I Got From Fastmoney Media. (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by WallpaperGuy: 2:08am On Dec 17, 2021
A glory Hunter is a person who loves the center stage, craves attention and in many cases most likely an egomaniac.

In as much as theres nothing in wrong in seeking glory, at most

That been said i just realized
Theres this one friend of mine that we have Kept in touch since secondary school.

I believed what we shared was genuine friendship however lately his actions
and choice of words towards me has given him away.

Look Ive been trying to find my feet again, after several attempts however its been tough with lots of setbacks. Now my friend is well aware, cos i share my strugles with him.

However in a bid for survival, ive asked myself certain questions and realized i have the skillset to go into a business which he happens to be involved in.

Now i approached this friend to teach me so i can have insight and more confidence starting up a new business.

I was confident of a positive reply but was bamboozled by the hurtful words he has dishing out to me.

He said and i quote -

I know you are desperate, you sound desperate. I started from the trenches, i dont owe you nothing, nobody was there for me.

Not convinced i reached out to him on WhatsApp,
Look what he said to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by WallpaperGuy: 2:19am On Dec 17, 2021
Las las we go dey alright...
I mean am not asking for cash, or is this asking too much i dont get

Oh God i pray for you reading this, that you will not be that friend in need, cos its pathetic you can find a friend in deed.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by blackpanthar: 2:36am On Dec 17, 2021
WallpaperGuy:
A glory Hunter is a person who loves the center stage, craves attention and in many cases most likely an egomaniac.

Theres this one friend of mine that we have Kept in touch since secondary school.

Look Ive been trying to find my feet again, after several attempts however its been tough with lots of setbacks. Now my friend is well aware, cos i share my strugles with him.

However in a bid for survival, ive asked myself certain questions and realized i have the skillset to go into a business which he happens to be involved in.

Now i approached this friend to teach me so i can have insight and more confidence starting up a new business.

I was confident of a positive reply but was bamboozled by the hurtful words he has dishing out to me.

He said and i quote -

I know you are desperate, you sound desperate. I started from the trenches, i dont owe you nothing, nobody was there for me.

Look what he said to me

THIS GENERATION ARE SO MYOPIC.... because they didnt read the right books and learn the UNFAIR LAWS of LIFE and RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.

BRO, learn this ONCE AND FOR ALL.... your FRIEND IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT... how you feel does not MATTER and WILL NEVER MATTER IN LIFE if you ever want to succeed.

NO BODY OWES YOU ANYTHING..... NO ONE.... I repeat... NO ONE.

the arrogant FEELING OF ENTITLEMENT is what has made people offended instead of challenged.

Our youths these days can not be CORRECTED without claiming it is TOXIC or WICKED.... see bro, it is time to GROW UP.

now let me help you with 5cents of balanced insight... so you stop seeing things from your emotional lenses

YOUR FRIEND HAS ONLY HEARD BADLUCK AND BADNEWS about your life from you..... NO WONDER HE WON'T HELP YOU... your BIG MOUTH CLOSED THAT DOOR ALREADY.

LEARN IT TODAY.... TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS IS NOT HELPFUL MOST TIMES BECAUSE 90% OF THE PEOPLE ARE HAPPY YOU HAVE THE PROBLEMS AND WILL SPREAD IT TO OTHERS.... 95% of the people CAN NOT HELP YOU.... AND the few ones that are really concerned and can help will have helped you before you ASK.... If your friend waited for you to ask... THAT IS NOT A CLOSE FRIEND. Be warned.

Now, let me speak from your friend's point of view... HE IS DOING A BUSINESS and HE IS SURVIVING, MAYBE NOT THRIVING, EVEN IF HE IS THRIVING.... then he sees another friend who is always complaining of setbacks, roadblocks and badluck often coming to want to JOIN HIS LINE OF BUSINESS.... and be his COMPETITOR....
HE WILL SEE YOU AS A THREAT NA ...He will also feel you will reduce his progress or may secretly feel you will do better than him.. SO HE WOULD NOT HELP.

HE HAS A LOT TO PROTECT.

We must be very careful in this life, to know how people see us before we trust them with anything... EVEN JESUS HAD TO KNOW HOW HIS DISCIPLES AND OUTSIDERS SAW HIM.... this is another sacred law of life.

YOU MAY THINK HE IS YOUR FRIEND, AND HE MAY LOOK AT YOU AS AN UNFORTUNATE ACQUAINTANCE.
Lastly, YOU SOUND DESPERATE... to even go further to reach him on whatsapp is desperation and that fake friendship will end this month. grin grin

Thank God for teaching you BITTER LESSONS that will make your life sweet.

NOW HERE ARE MY LITTLE SUGGESTIONS FOR SOLUTION

1) Disappear for 6 months or more(IF YOU CAN O) and create a NEW LIFE time table for yourself
2) get books on practical businesses, join whatsapp groups for free teachings- learn something you can start with no or little money
3)IF YOU ARE 101% SURE THAT YOU MUST START THE BIZ WITH MONEY... get 5-7 loan apps and borrow a sum of 100k from them(this should be a last resort else you life will go down) you can check nairaland for business ideas to do with little or no money, or just look around your area and FIND what is LACKING AND MEET THAT NEED.
4) START.. LAUNCH THE BUSINESS AND START MAKING INCOME like you calculated in your planning phase.
5) Don't buy luxury or even so much basic needs till you pay back the LOAN, so you can have peace.
6) before doing all these steps, FORGIVE YOUR FRIEND but NEVER EVER IN YOUR LIFE FORGET THE BITTER LESSON THEY TAUGHT YOU.
7) USE THE PROFIT FROM THIS FIRST BUSINESS TO MAKE THE BUSINESS VERY STRONG-get lawyers, accountants, assets like land,etc
cool GIVE BACK TO THE SOCIETY BY FINDING SOMEONE WHO IS WHERE YOUR LIFE WAS IN THE PAST MONTHS, THEN UNLIKE YOUR FRIEND, REACH OUT AND HELP THE PERSON OR PERSONS TO RISE.... But be wise because PEOPLE ASKING FOR HELP DON'T HAVE LIMIT O... so know your giving limit.

HE IS NOT A GLORY HUNTER.... infact he is trying to protect his little success from hawks and hyenas... He is doing it the wrong way.
YOUR GLORY IS INTACT BOSS, ONLY WOMEN CAN STEAL YOUR GLORY through sinful sex.... OR FETISH MEN CAN REMOVE YOUR STAR by taking something from you to a jazz man... but that is spiritual level, ask your alfa or pastor to explain.

I WISH YOU WELL BOSS... you will rise

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ekineme: 2:59am On Dec 17, 2021
blackpanthar:

THIS GENERATION ARE SO MYOPIC.... because they didnt read the right books and learn the UNFAIR LAWS of LIFE and RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.

BRO, learn this ONCE AND FOR ALL.... your FRIEND IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT... how you feel does not MATTER and WILL NEVER MATTER IN LIFE if you ever want to succeed.

the arrogant FEELING OF ENTITLEMENT is what has made people offended instead of challenged.

Our youths these days can not be CORRECTED without claiming it is TOXIC or WICKED.... see bro, it is time to GROW UP.

now let me help you with 5cents of balanced insight... so you stop seeing things from your emotional lenses

YOUR FRIEND HAS ONLY HEARD BADLUCK AND BADNEWS about your life from you..... NO WONDER HE WON'T HELP YOU... your BIG MOUTH CLOSED THAT DOOR ALREADY.

LEARN IT TODAY.... TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS IS NOT HELPFUL MOST TIMES BECAUSE 90% OF THE PEOPLE ARE HAPPY YOU HAVE THE PROBLEMS AND WILL SPREAD IT TO OTHERS.... 95% of the people CAN NOT HELP YOU.... AND the few ones that are really concerned and can help will have helped you before you ASK.... If your friend waited for you to ask... THAT IS NOT A CLOSE FRIEND. Be warned.

Now, let me speak from your friend's point of view... HE IS DOING A BUSINESS and HE IS SURVIVING, MAYBE NOT THRIVING, EVEN IF HE IS THRIVING.... then he sees another friend who is always complaining of setbacks, roadblocks and badluck often coming to want to JOIN HIS LINE OF BUSINESS.... and be his COMPETITOR....
HE WILL SEE YOU AS A THREAT NA ...He will also feel you will reduce his progress or may secretly feel you will do better than him.. SO HE WOULD NOT HELP.

HE HAS A LOT TO PROTECT.

We must be very careful in this life, to know how people see us before we trust them with anything... EVEN JESUS HAD TO KNOW HOW HIS DISCIPLES AND OUTSIDERS SAW HIM.... this is another sacred law of life.

YOU MAY THINK HE IS YOUR FRIEND, AND HE MAY LOOK AT YOU AS AN UNFORTUNATE ACQUAINTANCE.
Lastly, YOU SOUND DESPERATE... to even go further to reach him on whatsapp is desperation and that fake friendship will end this month. grin grin

1) Disappear for 6 months or more(IF YOU CAN O) and create a NEW LIFE time table for yourself
2) get books on practical businesses, join whatsapp groups for free teachings- learn something you can start with no or little money
3)IF YOU ARE 101% SURE THAT YOU MUST START THE BIZ WITH MONEY... get 5-7 loan apps and borrow a sum of 100k from them(this should be a last resort else you life will go down) you can check nairaland for business ideas to do with little or no money, or just look around your area and FIND what is LACKING AND MEET THAT NEED.
4) START.. LAUNCH THE BUSINESS AND START MAKING INCOME like you calculated in your planning phase.
5) Don't buy luxury or even so much basic needs till you pay back the LOAN, so you can have peace.
6) before doing all these steps, FORGIVE YOUR FRIEND but NEVER EVER IN YOUR LIFE FORGET THE BITTER LESSON THEY TAUGHT YOU.
7) USE THE PROFIT FROM THIS FIRST BUSINESS TO MAKE THE BUSINESS VERY STRONG-get lawyers, accountants, assets like land,etc
cool GIVE BACK TO THE SOCIETY BY FINDING SOMEONE WHO IS WHERE YOUR LIFE WAS IN THE PAST MONTHS, THEN UNLIKE YOUR FRIEND, REACH OUT AND HELP THE PERSON OR PERSONS TO RISE.... But be wise because PEOPLE ASKING FOR HELP DON'T HAVE LIMIT O... so know your giving limit.

HE IS NOT A GLORY HUNTER.... infact he is trying to protect his little success from hawks and hyenas... He is doing it the wrong way.
YOUR GLORY IS INTACT BOSS, ONLY WOMEN CAN STEAL YOUR GLORY through sinful sex.... OR FETISH MEN CAN REMOVE YOUR STAR by taking something from you to a jazz man... but that is spiritual level, ask your alfa or pastor to explain.

You did well in your advice and suggestions but I will differ on the idea of him borrowing from loan app to start a new business, that is a suicide mission.

The best option for him is to try modern apprenticeship ( affiliate marketing). Sell for someone.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by blackpanthar: 3:27am On Dec 17, 2021
ekineme:

You did well in your advice and suggestions but I will differ on the idea of him borrowing from loan app to start a new business, that is a suicide mission.

The best option for him is to try modern apprenticeship ( affiliate marketing). Sell for someone.

TRUE, yes

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by WoundedLamb: 3:54am On Dec 17, 2021
He said he just needed you to market yourself and then asked you to call him the next morning. What's the issue?

Lol... why am I reading this differently...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Harddiskng(m): 4:54am On Dec 17, 2021
WoundedLamb:
He said he just needed you to market yourself and then asked you to call him the next morning undecided. What's the issue?

Na wa. Yes, nobody owes the OP anything.

But is that the sort of response you expect from a friend?

If a friend that is down on his luck comes to you and he hoping to find anything to do to earn a living so he can eat, that’s would be your response undecided

WallpaperGuy:
….

Don’t take it to heart, also when you notice people like this cut them off, avoid telling them about your life situation. In-short avoid a conversation. Radio silence. I would advise you to turn to God. Because ehn, e get as e be nowadays.

Nobody truly wants to see his brother earn a dollar and its not liking they would want to feed your when you come to them begging. The Spirit of wickedness is awake in these times, to the extent everyone sees this abnormality as normal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by dazzlingd(m): 5:20am On Dec 17, 2021
WallpaperGuy:

Oh God i pray for you reading this, that you will not be that friend in need, cos its pathetic you can find a friend in deed.

The young man owes you nothing and he is right.
Is he your father?
Why the entitlement? Focus on your life and stop putting blames on others

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Promoter2: 5:39am On Dec 17, 2021
The guy asked you to sell yourself but you already had a mindset that he's trying to ridicule you. You ain't humble and not ready to learn anything young man.

A simple WhatsApp message from your friend and you already create a thread on Nairaland.

I think you'll do well in Gossip blogging. Try that one

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by peeps4u: 6:02am On Dec 17, 2021
How is your friend a glory hunter from this narrative?

WallpaperGuy:

He said and i quote -

Look what he said to me

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Unequivocal: 6:23am On Dec 17, 2021
Bro I'll give you some lessons in life

1. No one owes you ANYTHING

2. You were friends with someone doesn't mean you're valuable to him or his progress.

3. Do away with pride. Sell yourself is the same as an interviewer asking you 'why should I hire you'. If you're too proud to answer, you go hungry tire for this life

4. Get rid of that entitlement mentality, it's toxic and regressive.

5. Don't judge others based on what you think you would or could do for them but by who they.

6. Finally always give something in return. It's the law of nature regardless of who you are and who they are.

Personally, a good friend of mine, almost a best friend has a well known international business. Even when I was super broke, he didn't help out because I wasn't bringing anything to the table.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Tokskob2008: 6:26am On Dec 17, 2021
First of all nobody owes you anything (a phrase used by wicked and heartless set of people) which is very good because you won't have to owe anyone anything later too even if they are dying and you have the power to save them (na dis life we all dey na, it only takes a couple of hours for situation to get worse or good so nothing is sure except death). Secondly there's nothing called friendship all na wash so stop revealing your life issues to people, they won't help you but will also add to the problem.

8 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by WoundedLamb: 6:35am On Dec 17, 2021
Harddiskng:

Na wa. Yes, nobody owes the OP anything.

But is that the sort of response you expect from a friend?

If a friend that is down on his luck comes to you and he hoping to find anything to do to earn a living so he can eat, that’s would be your response undecided

You don't get it. I'm saying the word "sell" might not be literal. It could be interpreted as:

OP said it wasn't like he got nothing to offer. And his friend said that was exactly what he needed to hear from him. He wanted to hear him speak positively about himself. He needed him to market/sell himself. And then he proceeded to schedule an appointment for them to talk further.

@OP, did you call him the next morning? How did it go?

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Ayotemide(f): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2021
You have an entire paragraph and definition for ‘Glory hunting’ and yet do not seem particularly keen to hunt some glory for yourself. LMAO.

I had one girl approach me to show her my line of business, I was hesitant and eventually said No because I did not want to. I would very much like to guard my business secrets. She saw me at an event and stared me down, I took that as the reason why showing her the ropes would have been a poor decision.

Your friend seems to be operating in an intellectual quotient higher than you, and you should find your way to prayer city and raise prayer points against glory hunters there.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by princeabdul(m): 7:04am On Dec 17, 2021
your friend kicked you while you were down, but this should motivate you to prioritize your life and stay focus, there's no help anywhere only grace..�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ABCtutors: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2021
In my few years in life, I have come to acknowledge the fact that our definitions of friendship is subjective. Bedsides, nobody owe you anything. Your friend may decide to share some business secrets with you and he may decide not. Life is a survival of the fittest. Don't tie your progress around any friend. It usually ends in premium tears.

For private ICAN and ACCA lectures within Ibadan
Call us on 08137040664
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ashybabs(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2021
There's two forces in this universe my guy, negative energy and positive energy

Now i understand not sharing your modus operandi with the lady for selfish reasons (negative energy)
On the under hand if you had shown her the way as she requested it would possibly have impacted her life and other people become blessed as a result (positive energy)

You see i acknowledge my situation, of course no onw owes me shit. But there's a divine plan for every relationship and acquaintance that you have.

Try and embrace positive energy, its a choice but takes wisdom to tell which is which

Ayotemide:
You have an entire paragraph and definition for ‘Glory hunting’ and yet do not seem particularly keen to hunt some glory for yourself. LMAO.

I had one girl approach me to show her my line of business, I was hesitant and eventually said No because I did not want to. I would very much like to guard my business secrets. She saw me at an event and stared me down, I took that as the reason why showing her the ropes would have been a poor decision.

Your friend seems to be operating in an intellectual quotient higher than you, and you should find your way to prayer city and raise prayer points against glory hunters there.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Ayotemide(f): 7:39am On Dec 17, 2021
LOL
I do not exist on earth for that negative/positive energy BS. Thank you.
ashybabs:
There's two forces in this universe my guy, negative energy and positive energy

Now i understand not sharing your modus operandi with the lady for selfish reasons (negative energy)
On the under hand if you had shown her the way as she requested it would possibly have impacted her life and other people become blessed as a result (positive energy)

You see i acknowledge my situation, of course no onw owes me shit. But there's a divine plan for every relationship and acquaintance that you have.

Try and embrace positive energy, its a choice but takes wisdom to tell which is which

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ashybabs(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2021
blackpanthar:

Harsh truth, thanks buddy for taking time to respond, its clear you took no sides yet circumspect in your advice, without bias.
Thats rare

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ashybabs(m): 7:42am On Dec 17, 2021
ABCtutors:
In my few years in life, I have come to acknowledge the fact that our definitions of friendship is subjective. Bedsides, nobody owe you anything. Your friend may decide to share some business secrets with you and he may decide not. Life is a survival of the fittest. Don't tie your progress around any friend. It usually ends in premium tear

Am moving on thanks
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ashybabs(m): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2021
princeabdul:
your friend kicked you while you were down, but this should motivate you to prioritize your life and stay focus, there's no help anywhere only grace..�

My thoughts exactly
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ashybabs(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2021
Urh padi everything but 3. I know what he was trying to say but it dosent take rocket science to decode the underlying message

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Shey na better talk to you
Unequivocal:
Bro I'll give you some lessons in life

1. No one owes you ANYTHING

2. You were friends with someone doesn't mean you're valuable to him or his progress.

3. Do away with pride. Sell yourself is the same as an interviewer asking you 'why should I hire you'. If you're too proud to answer, you go hungry tire for this life

4. Get rid of that entitlement mentality, it's toxic and regressive.

5. Don't judge others based on what you think you would or could do for them but by who they.

6. Finally always give something in return. It's the law of nature regardless of who you are and who they are.

Personally, a good friend of mine, almost a best friend has a well known international business. Even when I was super broke, he didn't help out because I wasn't bringing anything to the table.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ashybabs(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You don't get it. I'm saying the word "sell" might not be literal. It could be interpreted as:

OP said it wasn't like he got nothing to offer. And his friend said that was exactly what he needed to hear from him. He wanted to hear him speak positively about himself. He needed him to market/sell himself. And then he proceeded to schedule an appointment for them to talk further.

@OP, did you call him the next morning? How did it go?
what meeting? Mtchew dont get me started abeg im moving on.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Imustnottalk: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2021
blackpanthar:

HE HAS A LOT TO PROTECT.

you are right but thats not a good friend that's why we have to check the type of friends we keep I remembered years back when I was so broke that I couldn't feed myself I explained my situation my old secondary school friend he just told me I shouldn't worry he will try his best following week he called me and said I should come and stay his house pending till when I get a job so I stayed his house for good six months without any job he was the one feeding me all those months and still help me get a job good people or friends still exist just know the type you keep .op don't stop telling people your situation till you get help because they said a close mouth is a close destiny

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Lawly: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2021
WallpaperGuy:

I have had 2 friends I loved sooooooo much & I think the fault was mine cus I overloved them while they pretended they love me too but honestly they didn't. Their other friends told them to kick me out of their lives and they gladly did in a way that hurt me bad. The first friend was yoruba while the second was igbo. I thank God very much for the inborn ability to pick myself up from trash and hurt and move on. So, I moved on. They and those their hurtful friends started spreading rumours they felt will hurt me. The yoruba group spread rumours against me that I am gay and trust the Nigeria we live in, that rumour spread like wild fire. It took the intervention of some good people and one Enugu guy who was always my partner in visiting ashawo house when konji comes unexpectedly to spread counter rumour and take control of situation. The igbo group spread their own rumour that I am a full load of badluck and my badlucks were very infectious and that it can be gleaned already from now that I don't have a useful future but rather that I have a terrible future of poverty and misery. These my so called friends even championed these rumours against me not just their friends. I got to hear this one from the igbo group from well meaning people who were not that close to me. Again, I dusted myself in shame and left their lives.
Today, to be honest with you, these 2 friends are doing financially well than me I won't lie. Maybe God chose to bless them for reasons best known to him. But I won't give up with life.
Now I had a third friend from Platueu State precisely from jos and on bad advice of friends too, I hurt him badly and he left my house to get his own. I later realised my own folly and I went back apologising and pleading for forgiveness. Those friends that gave me the bad advice and I later had disagreements and it severed our relationships. Today, the only friend I can honestly tell you that values me is the one from jos that I hurt and went to apologise to. He's the only friend I know right now that I can count on. All my other friends have left my life on their own accord. I just opened my door for whoever wants to leave to leave and for who wants to enter to enter. Right now, I only have one male friend and it's the one from jos. Besides, there has also been this one particular former boss that rough handled me in his office when I had nothing & I was desperately trying to survive and at the end of the day, he sacked me. I didn't still let go just like that. Till today I still value him as my boss and call him once in a while. One day he applogised to me in the full presence of his entire staffs. I learnt humility from him that day.

Why am I saying all these? No one is perfect. People must always offend you and you too must also offend someone. Don't waste time before forgiving anyone who offends you no matter the gravity. By doing that you do yourself a favour of not continuing to hurt yourself. When you also hurt someone, even if you feel you are bigger than the person, don't waste time to apologise. That my former boss that apologised has for life won a special place in my life. No matter where I go in life, I can never forget him and I will never forget him.
Also, don't force friendship to exist. Such friendship might only be existing in your head and not theirs. Just leave your door open so that those that want to leave will leave and those that want to help you or value you or want to add meaningfully to your life will walk in. Keep an open mind.

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Why do you guys keep saying nobody owes you anything? Does this even make sense? Where is your humanity if you don't owe anyone, in this case, a friend anything? I can't be friends with you if you use such words.

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by OSDD(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Why do you guys keep saying nobody owes you anything? Does this even make sense? Where is your humanity if you don't owe anyone, in this case, a friend anything? I can't be friends with you if you use such words.
Humanity died a long time ago....especially in this our society

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2021
OSDD:

Humanity died a long time ago....especially in this our society
True but trying to repaint the whole thing is negative reinforcement. I consider my few friends family and it's like saying family owes you nothing. Doesn't make sense.

It means if a so-called friend knows a method of making money he's right not to share with broke me. Doesn't make sense. Cannot make sense. I even teach random people money skills talk more a friend.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Prime4life(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2021
WoundedLamb:
He said he just needed you to market yourself and then asked you to call him the next morning. What's the issue?

that what me too am reading oo,OP what is your real point?
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 8:34am On Dec 17, 2021
He tested you and you failed woefully. This your entitlement mentality no be here oo, he doesn’t owe you anything even if you don cater for him or had fed him before.

I even doubt if you have done that before

Also according to what you typed he is richer so you are the glory hunter.

You have to be patient

He might give you another chance, don’t screw it up

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Treepower2000: 8:38am On Dec 17, 2021
WallpaperGuy:

Life
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 8:38am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:

Okay since you owe me, make I send my account number?

Imagine I am automatically entitled to your money. I don’t even have to work for you or know you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Expensive University In Nigeria / Riot In Uniabuja / Pictures: IBBU Lecturer Trapped And Exposed By Female Student (graphic Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.