Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Who Is Truly Blessed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Truly Blessed (147 Views)

Everything We Have Today In Science Cannot Work If The Earth Is Truly 6000years. / Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Truly Blessed by SonofIssachar: 2:09am On Dec 17, 2021
Long time ago, there lived a great king and two beggars who always stood at the gate of the king’s palace every day.

As the king rode by, the first beggar would say, “Blessed is he whom the king helps”; while the second beggar would say, “Blessed is he whom God helps”.

The king always felt pleased to hear the praise of the first beggar. One evening the king decided to reward the first beggar for all the praise; he ordered his baker to bake a cake and wrapped gold inside the cake. The next day as he rode by, he gave the cake to the first beggar as he hailed him as usual.

The first beggar who was in dire need of cash sold the cake to the second beggar at a cheap price. When the second beggar cut open the cake he saw the gold, sold them and became a wealthy man. He did not return back to the king’s gate the next day.

As the king rode out of his palace the next day, he saw the first beggar still begging for money and stopped to ask him if he ate the cake he gave him.

The first beggar replied, “No sir. I sold it to my friend who was here with me yesterday; I have not seen him today.”

The king shook his head, highly disappointed, and muttered silently to himself, “Indeed, blessed is he whom God helps."

God is all-knowing. He has not forgotten you. He always does His work just in time. So trust Him even when you don't understand His will.

-- Author Unknown

Meditation: Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! – Psalm 34:8

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Unhealthy Competition
10 Rules for a Blessed Day
Too Blessed to be Stressed

(1) (Reply)

Waooow, You Can't Believe This Short Gospel Film Was Shoot With An Android Phone / The Birth Of Jesus Christ / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/12/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.