Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

"If I'm Not Online, I'm Dead" - Missing Activist Last Post To Friends - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "If I'm Not Online, I'm Dead" - Missing Activist Last Post To Friends (401 Views)

Hushpuppi's Last Post On Instagram Before His Arrest (Picture) / Caleb Obari Mark Found Dead! Missing Nigerian Student In Ukraine Dies / Khensani Maseko's Last Post Before Committing Suicide After Rape By Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"If I'm Not Online, I'm Dead" - Missing Activist Last Post To Friends by prumetrics: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2021
Fears are growing that Qatari women’s rights activist Noof al-Maadeed has been killed by her own family after she went missing in mid-October.

Noof had been fighting to change the laws in Qatar, where women have effectively the same rights as children and are not allowed to get jobs, travel outside the country or access healthcare without the approval of a male relative.

After a series of attempts on her life, al-Maadeed fled to the UK and had been planning to apply for political asylum.

However, she was persuaded to return to the Middle-Eastern country after being given private assurances by the Qatari authorities.

Shortly before returning to Qatar from the UK, she told social media followers that "if I'm not online, I'm dead".

Noof had been posting daily updates to Twitter and Instagram, however, she suddenly went silent after..https://sleekgist.com/if-im-not-online-im-dead-missing-activist-last-post-to-friends/

(1) (Reply)

Loses As ESN Clashes With Armed Herders (video) / Moment Corpses Of Three Children Killed By Their Father Were Found In A Freezer / Please Have Mercy, This Is My First Time, I Have A Wife, Children - Oil Thief Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.