Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,465 members, 7,830,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security (3497 Views)

How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Boko Haram Planned To Attack Whole Country – Jonathan / PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by Babasessy(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2011
Bankole planned to escape to London says personal security

A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja heard that one of the police officers attached to the former Speaker of Nigeria's House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole was the one that alerted the nation's anti-graft agency that his boss was hatching a plan to escape to London to evade arrest.

The lawyer for Nigeria's anti-graft agency told the Abuja court that a Mobile policeman attached to the former Speaker informed a security operative attached to the EFCC that Bankole had allegedly plotted to escape to the United Kingdom (UK) on Monday prior to his arrest Sunday night giving an insight on why the former Nigerian number four citizen was arrested a day before he handed over officially to his successor.

The former speaker who appeared in court Friday would however spend the weekend in the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s (EFCC) custody

The Abuja court also adjourned ruling on his bail application till Monday.

Following the ruling by Justice Donatus Okorowo, Bankole’s supporters, mostly women who had gathered at the court in solidarity with him wept, but Bankole was unperturbed.

Justice Okorowo said he needed time to give a considered ruling on Bankole’s bail application because of the many authorities cited by counsels on both sides.

The matter which initially began at 12 noon was stood down till later in the day on request by Bankole’s counsel, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN) who wanted to reply to the counter-affidavit of the prosecution counsel, Mr. Festus Keyamo.

Awomolo on resumption moved the bail application and urged the court to admit Bankole to bail on self-recognition.

He described as hearsay and speculative claims by the EFCC that the accused person would jump bail if the bail is granted.

Awomolo argued that the fear that an accused person would jump bail is not a reason in law for denying him bail because to jump bail has its own criminal penalties.

“The world is now a global village where criminals have no hiding place”, Awomolo said.

Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
women will always weep.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by adejoro76: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2011
May we know the name of the aide who exposed him? Some people betraying of their brothers? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by adejoro76: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by jamest3(m): 2:56am On Jun 15, 2011
Yawn!! Let him ask Ibori how far, London will have been too close na, maybe he should have thought of the Tonga Islands. Kenny Rogers said it all in "sadyou can't outrun) the long arm of the law". Yeye , ole!!
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by chines4(m): 3:12am On Jun 15, 2011
Farwell to him. But before he goes let him ask Ibori how that place is
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by HighChief4(m): 4:09am On Jun 15, 2011
I knew that guy had something up his sleeves
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by slimbunky: 5:02am On Jun 15, 2011
Bank Ole! EFFC hot pepper soup no easy. Ask your bros Ibori how londo fever be before u hug the harmatan.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by supereagle(m): 5:19am On Jun 15, 2011
Where will run to in this world that he will not be caught.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by Nobody: 5:19am On Jun 15, 2011
i think Nigeria judicial system should focus on confiscation of the entire wealth of any convicted corrupt politician. i still see bankole's case ending up like igbinedion and co
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by Ekpoma1: 5:38am On Jun 15, 2011
They should place him on a watch. The way things are going, if granted bail he might likely espace. But who are those weeping sef? I think they are women from his villa
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by izeek(m): 5:47am On Jun 15, 2011
Some of you really do not understand the ibori saga, hence ur misunderstanding of his hounded the british law.
Ibori, already had a major case to answer on counts of money laundry to which his wife and aides had confessed to. And also some previous issues relating to scam long before he became governor.

In bankoles case, if he had succeded in getting to londodn, little or nothing could have be done, afterall OGD self dey dia, why has he not been caught and tried?
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by lagcity(m): 6:47am On Jun 15, 2011
izeek:

Some of you really do not understand the ibori saga, hence your misunderstanding of his hounded the british law.
Ibori, already had a major case to answer on counts of money laundry to which his wife and aides had confessed to. And also some previous issues relating to scam long before he became governor.

In bankoles case, if he had succeded in getting to londodn, little or nothing could have be done, afterall OGD self dey dia, why has he not been caught and tried?

my guy no talk am oo. where there is a will, there is a way. give me 5 million dollars and i'll ship OGD or whoever from UK or Mongolia back to murtala airport. have u forgotten umaru dikko episode? those guys be amateurs, that na why dem mash up the job.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by foscoarm(m): 7:24am On Jun 15, 2011
We all seems to b happy wit all dat is bfallen Bankole, 9ja we can't change.Ve we asked dis Qustn, were are d money recovered from politicians til date? d other time Bode gorge was jailed for theft, nd tony Anenih was brut 2 replace him same PDP. Nd u cal dat change pls lets b reasonable Bankole is bn witchhunted by those dat brut him on board. Can u tel me which politician is a saint? Just name dem is it Gen buhari, Ibb Obj, or Atiku. B4 we chop Bankole raw, if Efcc collect d money, he go rch u? Or which Acct dem go pay am to? I'll it make 9ja rich or poor. Hmmmm una wan fight corruptn, nd d court dey collect millions 4 bail [i][/i][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by seedord247(m): 8:10am On Jun 15, 2011
why be say all them they run go london??
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by laj1(m): 8:36am On Jun 15, 2011
Please how can i post a new topic on nairaland.someone should hit me back on hardedejidewunmi@yahoo.com or on my facebook address (hardedejidewunmi@yahoo.com).its been giving me headache since.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by 3kay945(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2011
seedord247:

why be say all them they run go london??

To live a normal live cos they 'll be out of this jungle call naija.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by 190: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2011
Bankole should be released! I LIKE HIM cry cry
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by Hardeyorlah(f): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2011
he doesnt nid  2 go to london if he is innocent as claimed
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by Hardeyorlah(f): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2011
he doesnt nid  2 go to london if he is innocent as claimed
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by MMM2(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2011
so bankole is also a criminal.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by baslone: 9:31am On Jun 15, 2011
What's the name of the SNITCH!!!? shocked
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by bioye(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2011
Is EFCC telling the truth about Bankole trying to escape?  If they are, then they should present the[b] evidence to prove it viz a viz the booked ticket, the name of the airline, the name of the aide etc.[/b]  Otherwise, we may have no choice but to conclude that it's an excuse by EFCC to justify his arrest.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by bisiaet: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2011
I dont belief all these EFCC crooked stories any longer beside how can Bankole plan to escape to London is London an escaping route? As a matter of fact going to London will even worsen his case, it would be too stupid for him or anyone in his shoe to be dreaming of going to London to hide too stupid indeed Because he is not blind to see what Ibori is facing in London so would he be so daft to say yeah that same London is the hidden place this is just nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either is Aide told them or not it's irrelevant to the absolute they(EFFC) are turning the case to just a Kangaroo type. He was put on bail and was re-arrested for anothe 40Billion what is that rubbish about? Why coming up now with a new charge? Where was the 40billion charge kept before? Why can they expose all they knew about him once for all Nigeria to see? Where are those that pocket the 10billion loan? Was the Loan traced and find sitting in his account? Is Loan and Loot same? Is taking a Loan a criminal Offence? I am not and will never be Bankole sympathisers, he Bankole messed up, fumble and a disgrace to youth but all am saying is EFCC should get a better case against this guy orelse he will walk away free I bet.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by seunlayi(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2011
Let just wait and see the end of this saga
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by mrofficial(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2011
adejoro74.:

May we know the name of the aide who exposed him? Some people betraying of their brothers? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol. For your mind. grin
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by Mpetempe(m): 10:23am On Jun 15, 2011
Do you all know that these top people tormenting Bankole are not doing it for Nigerians but for their own gain.

Now ask yourself this question. After getting all these hug amount from Bankole, where is the money going?
Not only Bankole who steals from the nation but there are also hundreds of them.
I gues strong enemies of Bankole are only hitting him.

Even the judges none of them are crime free.

If you love this nation, then pray for God's direction it seams Nigeria is under curse.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by bababuff(m): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2011
Mpetempe:

Do you all know that these top people tormenting Bankole are not doing it for Nigerians but for their own gain.

Now ask yourself this question. After getting all these hug amount from Bankole, where is the money going?
Not only Bankole who steals from the nation but there are also hundreds of them.

If you love this nation, then pray for God's direction it seams Nigeria is under curse.

I beg, tell them O!
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by bioye(m): 11:19am On Jun 15, 2011
Mpetempe:

EFCC should publish the accounts that Bankole siphoned the monies too. They should prove that public funds entered his account. That is when you can start talking of recovering stolen funds. Was there a crime? Was the crime committed by Bankole? Is there enough evidence to prove this beyond reasonable doubt?
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by bisiaet: 11:51am On Jun 15, 2011
EFCC should publish the accounts that Bankole siphoned the monies too.  They should prove that public funds entered his account.  That is when you can start talking of recovering stolen funds.  Was there a crime?  Was the crime committed by Bankole? Is there enough evidence to prove this beyond reasonable doubt?

This same question I have be asking since.

Because I dont understand EFCC case yet. Is Loan same as Loot Is getting a loan a criminal offence? Where are the rest Rep. Member that pockect this said loan? Was this loan traced to Bankole account and was find sitting there? Pls if a man collected a Loan is it the right things asking him to pay back? Please let EFCC proove to us which account was the said Loan deposited pls proof? Am sick of EFCC rants and silly approach to catch looters am sick and sick.
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by member479760: 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
why not to USA?
Re: Bankole Planned To Escape To London Says Personal Security by Xfactoria: 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2011
bisiaet:

This same question I have be asking since.

Because I dont understand EFCC case yet. Is Loan same as Loot Is getting a loan a criminal offence? Where are the rest Rep. Member that pockect this said loan? Was this loan traced to Bankole account and was find sitting there? Pls if a man collected a Loan is it the right things asking him to pay back? Please let EFCC proove to us which account was the said Loan deposited pls proof? Am sick of EFCC rants and silly approach to catch looters am sick and sick.

Ok, you are obviously naive of the crime committed here by Bankole and others.

Let me help you understand something. Taking the loan was not a crime but the purpose for which the loan was taken brought in the criminality. First, Bankole approved that lawmakers should be paid more than what RMAFC approved as their package. That is unconstitutional. Two, he and other principal officers of the house approved to take a loan to finance the illegal salaries and went on further to make Nigerians pay for it from the taxpayers money by building the sums of money meant to repay the loan into the national budget. That again, is criminal!

By the constitution, only the RMAFC determines their salaries and not them by themselves.

Get it now??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Session For Tinubu @ 60 By Lagos Assembly / Troops Flee Gwoza As BH Captures Tank, Commander&Emir Whereabouts Unknown / Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.