Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers (13403 Views)

Seven Ministers Whose Portfolios Caught Nigerians By Surprise / Buhari Snubs Russia, Picks British Firm For Ajaokuta Steel Revival: Video / Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has snubbed calls to visit northern Nigeria amid the rising insecurity in the region. Rather, the President on Thursday travelled with his wife, Aisha, and seven ministers to Istanbul to attend the third Turkey-Africa Partnership Summit.

Buhari had come under attack in recent times due to the rising insecurity in the region with youths campaigning with the #SecureNorth and #NorthisBleeding.

As of Thursday evening, over 32,000 people had signed a petition on Change.Org, calling on the President to declare a state of emergency in parts of Kaduna, Zamfara, Sokoto and Katsina due to the insecurity even as the President had refused to visit victims.

During protests on Wednesday, the demonstrators said the President should personally visit communities attacked bandits rather than sending delegates there.

Some northern groups faulted the President’s decision to visit Lagos for the book launch of All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bisi Akande, barely two days after a bus load of passengers were burnt alive by bandits in Sokoto State.

Defending the President on Monday, the Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, said it was impossible for the President to pay condolence visits to victims, adding that sending a delegation was proper.

“These attacks are happening almost on a daily basis and it is not possible for the president to visit all the places for condolences. And if you send a delegation, it is as if you were there, is all the same,” he said.

However, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said in a statement on Thursday that the President had travelled to Turkey for a summit, themed, ‘Enhanced Partnership for Common Development and Prosperity,’ which will be hosted by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of the Republic of Turkey.

According to the organisers, the summit will review the cooperation between African countries and Turkey since the last summit in 2014.

Shehu said, “The third Turkey-Africa Partnership Summit is coming on the heels of President Erdogan’s recent State Visit to Nigeria during which several agreements in the fields of energy, defence industry, mining and hydrocarbons were signed to expand existing bilateral ties.

“The Turkish leader had, during the visit to Nigeria, affirmed his commitment to immediately expand the volume of trade between the two countries to $5bn and the Nigerian delegation will seize the opportunity of the gathering in Istanbul to enhance cooperation with other partners for more trade and investment opportunities in the country.

Shehu added that Buhari would be accompanied on the trip by his wife, Aisha Buhari; the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama; Defence, Bashir Magashi; FCT, Mohammed Bello; Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire; Agriculture, Mohammed Abubakar; Industry, Trade and Investment, Adeniyi Adebayo; the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno; and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Ahmed Abubakar.

The President is expected back in Abuja on Sunday, December 19.

Istanbul will be the 9th city the President has visited in the past 13 weeks. Within this period, he has visited Dubai, Durban, Paris, Scotland, New York, Riyadh and Mecca.

President’s failure to visit victims shows he does not care about Nigerians – Coordinator, NAM

Meanwhile, the coordinator, Northern Alliance Movement, Yahuza Getso said the President’s decision to snub even his home state where a commissioner was killed on Wednesday and traveled out of the country showed that he does not care about Nigerians.

Buhari will leave the country on fire, only God holding Nigeria – SOKAPU youth leader

The Youth President of the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union, Isaac John, in an interview with The PUNCH said he was not surprised by the action of the President.

According to him, only God has been holding the country.

He said,” I am not surprised and I do not expect anyone to be. It is the same old story. He would leave even if the entire country is on fire. Let me say at this point that it is only God that is holding the country

Meanwhile, Human Rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), has demanded the immediate release of protesters arrested in the Federal Capital Territory and other parts of the Northern region.

The PUNCH had reported that some northern youths who were protesting against the rising insecurity in the region were arrested and subsequently detained by the operatives of the FCT police command.

However, in a statement on Thursday signed by Falana, he accused the police of breaching the fundamental rights of the protesters by disrupting their demonstration and arresting some of them.

The statement was titled, “Release detained protesters against insecurity”.

It read, “On Thursday some young people participated in a peaceful protest against increasing insecurity in the northern part of Nigeria. In utter breach of the fundamental right of the protesters the Nigeria Police Force violently disrupted the rally and arrested some of the participants.

“In stopping the peaceful rally the police violated the fundamental right of the unarmed protesters and others who were earlier arrested in Kano, Kaduna and Sokoto by the police and the State Security Service.

“By abruptly stopping the protests, the security forces breached section 83 (4) of the Police Establishment Act which requires the police to provide adequate security for citizens who participate in peaceful meetings and rallies.”

Falana reminded the police authorities that on November 20, 2014 the leaders of the All Progressive Congress led by Buhari took part in a protest against insecurity under President Goodluck Jonathan without any harassment whatsoever.

https://punchng.com/buhari-snubs-calls-to-visit-north-jets-out-to-turkey-with-wife-seven-ministers/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Herbidemmy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
Okay
Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Gbagura: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2021
Air president.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by helinues: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2021
So it's no longer that he is sick..

Tell us more

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Areola14(m): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2021
Hmm..!! What do you expect the old man to do...? Let the man to enjoy the few years remaining for him to enjoy himself.... If I am at that man age and someone is calling me to come and fix something's somewhere, I will do the same and I am sure,most people criticising him will do worst than him..... Baba Buhari..... Long live jare... If you die, Nigeria will continue ooo! .... Enjoy ur life to the fullest...!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Tokskob2008: 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2021
What is wrong with some people sef

Why does the President needs to visit the North that is very peaceful and quiet or is something happening in the North

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by malcom1X: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
If you were given the opportunity which one would you prefer?

Like for Turkey
Share for going to North.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by conductor20000: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
It shall never be well with Tinubu and his suffersticated clowns.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Leverage2021: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2021
And na him 97% favorite be dis o

My joy is that even opolor eye that packaged him has been suffering alot and still in pains since 2015 as revealed by his laughing apron

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by BigYash: 4:08am On Dec 18, 2021
North is very peaceful. Don't spread fake news plz. Bubu must enjoy himself, and zombies must get sense.. grin FG will soon recruit more bandits ,for the north delight.. Una never see anything..

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:10am On Dec 18, 2021
Even if the president visit the affected community what positive effect those it's have to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by owiko(m): 4:10am On Dec 18, 2021
Most of you all would gladly vote him repeatedly if given the opportunity to do so. Enjoy the dividends of your choices with your full chest

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by OlawaleBammie: 4:10am On Dec 18, 2021
Wetin dey do these north people sef

Make una wait naaa hin dey come

Turkey-africa partnership abi whatever whatever is the major tin we have to do now or else ebi ma pawa ooh, turkey will not giv us food ooh, ehen
Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:10am On Dec 18, 2021
What I hate to see/read is country-continent partnership?.

Imagine a Turkey is partnering with Africa as a continent... these countries don see Africa finish

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Ppogbae: 4:12am On Dec 18, 2021
Seems like Northern politicians are taking a liking to Turkey
Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by KingLarry04: 4:14am On Dec 18, 2021
Wetin concern baba?? Person wey go flex birthday,you dey call am to come do wetin?? Abeg na God make we call, leave that man,we only have a ceremonial president

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by dvkot(m): 4:21am On Dec 18, 2021
Lol...
Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by GuiseppeO: 4:40am On Dec 18, 2021
President Buhari on the move again...

Seu.n abeg no make me vex for you ooo

Na Dull.ardinho I write, why you go change am to President Buhari??

So una sef dey concur??

grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Nonybb: 4:46am On Dec 18, 2021
The animal has no conscience. A total waste of breathing oxygen

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by ABCtutors: 4:52am On Dec 18, 2021
Buhari visiting the affected states personally will have shown that he is sensitive to their ordeal, at least as the president of the North that he is.. However, leaving a few hour's visit in Sokoto, Kaduna and Katsina and embarking on over ten hours journey in Turkey shows how insensitive he is. He should have sent Osinbajo to Turkey. At least, Osinbajo can contribute something more meaningful than Buhari.
Baba is using Nigeria to cruise round the world. Let him have fond memories of his later years.

For your private ICAN and ACCA lectures within Ibadan, call or Whatsapp 08137040664.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Omojolaray(m): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2021
DonFreshmoney:
What I hate to see/read is country-continent partnership?.

Imagine a Turkey is partnering with Africa as a continent... these countries don see Africa finish
o lo far!
Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Advocate500: 5:13am On Dec 18, 2021
Areola14:
Hmm..!! What do you expect the old man to do...? Let the man to enjoy the few years remaining for him to enjoy himself.... If I am at that man age and someone is calling me to come and fix something's somewhere, I will do the same and I am sure,most people criticising him will do worst than him..... Baba Buhari..... Long live jare... If you die, Nigeria will continue ooo! .... Enjoy ur life to the fullest...!
one of the most useless and childish comments i have seen in recent times.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Queenslander(f): 5:16am On Dec 18, 2021
Istanbul will be the 9th city the President has visited in the past 13 weeks. Within this period, he has visited Dubai, Durban, Paris, Scotland, New York, Riyadh and Mecca.

Smh!!

Our very own northern globetrotter..

Traveling the world like an expensive hoe for hire..

This dog doesn't care about anybody buh himself!! ☹️☹️

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by seeker121(m): 5:23am On Dec 18, 2021
See shallow minded reasoning at its peak.Why did he contested for the post in the first instance?Is the position meant for enjoyment and not to serve?Will you say this if your loved ones were among the pple killed?Kindly answer this question without allowing sentiment to becloud your sense of reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Ekpekus(m): 5:26am On Dec 18, 2021
Are you surprised?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by DropsMic(m): 5:40am On Dec 18, 2021
Sai Baba
Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by TheGreatOne90: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2021
Areola14:
Can you see how innately and unbelievably stupid you are ? Did anyone force the terrorist to remain the president, if he knows he is too old to do anything ? You are not qualified to be addressed as human. IDIOTA

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by prigoz(m): 6:17am On Dec 18, 2021
Tokskob2008:
What is wrong with some people sef

Why does the President needs to visit the North that is very peaceful and quiet or is something happening in the North
You are wicked

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by TemmyT002(m): 6:18am On Dec 18, 2021
The man keeps traveling
All the traveling he has been doing has yielded no positive results except for the loans.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Areola14(m): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2021
I don't need to know much about you, or start asking questions to know who you are. I know the tribe you come from.. Biafra... You people always want things to happen in ur own ways...and if it didn't happen, you look for how to blackmail the person... Ur forefathers greediness is affecting u people now... U people are not marketable to be president.... The highest position u can come for is vice president.. any one who chose to pick one of u as running mate is already a bad market... u people are clamouring for Igbo president, now come out and contest, ur evil did cannot allow u... U people plan to leave Nigeria, now go but u are claiming that Benue, plateau and kongi is part of Biafra, hmm! U claim that Edo, crosriver are part of u but they rejected u... What a shame! U have not started, u will still eat all ur people in the name of culture of cannibalism happening in imo state... Who is idiot between me and you..?
Re: Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers by Badonasty(m): 6:45am On Dec 18, 2021
Fulani herdsmen don metamorphose to bandits

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

NLC To Embark On Nationwide Protest Against Fuel Hike On January 27 / Nigeria Pilgrims Riot In Saudi Arabia / MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.