Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,569 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) (33468 Views)

FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim / PHCN: Power Minister Sacks CEOs Of 4 Regional Distribution Companies / Fg Defends Presence Of Military Men At Phcn Power Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by nobledanie(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2006
What do we say about this situation of NEPA (Never expect power always) to PHCN (Please Hold Candle Now) are we moving forward or backwards cos its horrible. How would they be giving resident extimated bills since August 2005 till date? In festac we had black out for the month of February and residents were billed for light that was not consumed is this fair on the part of this monocratic organisation? Sincerely Generators are no longer luxury but a necessity is this fair? Fellow Nigerian let say to this!!!
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by Mariory(m): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2006
nobledanie:

NEPA (Never expect power always) to PHCN (Please Hold Candle Now)

LMAO grin
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by Zahymaka(m): 8:41pm On Mar 31, 2006
As long as they refuse to privatise the industry completely then there's going to be trouble. Face it, government-controlled industries never succeed because they're not bent on making a profit [and also because there're no competitiors]

Look at the communications industry -- how many times do you hear anything about NITEL?
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by joftech(m): 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2006
Obasanjo is a failure is this genre!
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by Seun(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2006
Feel free to set up your own power plant. Private investors are currently being licensed. You buy gas generators and supply towns or estates. Contact the relevant government agencies for more information.
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by Zahymaka(m): 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2006
That link didn't work. That site's always trashy -- who the hell built it?
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by joftech(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2006
Power plant financing is not like rolling out a GSM network. It's capital intensive with huge variables.

Government ought to have make NEPA/PHCN a viable entity and if they can't they ought to have done away with her since.
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by visitkcj(m): 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2006
NEPA Should cange their name to Power Supply not Power Holding!
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by phatboy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2006
nepa or phcn its the same thing its like the same old wine in a new bottle its not any better
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by nickyy(m): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2007
I think the problem we are facing now with the so called P.H.C.N is simply caused by the greed of the people up there, because i see no reason why they should be privatizing N EPA if not because of their selfish interest. never the the less i know from the on set that they will never make any difference to what NEPA did, so guys i beg you to stop talking about P.H.C.N, its no use.
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by Seun(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
I know you are not a complete idiot. Which is why I don't understand why you think privatization is the problem.
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by vigasimple(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2007
Sometimes ordinary Nigerians are more intelligent than our dumb leaders think and give us credit for.

This matter was first reported in May 2005 and here we are July 2007 over 2 years later, the problem as predicted by good Nairaland user got worse and no respite in sight.

Infact, one joke I heared during the election campaign in March and April 2007 was that electricity will be fixed in May 2007. I.e vote for us PDP then miraculously you will have power that you don't have for many years in 1 month.

PDP -  NO POWER

Ironically, at least among the front running party PDP is by far the most potent and better which shows the state of our politics, in a blinds man coutry, one eyed is the King.

I am waiting for Yar Adua's promise to declare state of emergency on power outage, infact if he did not accomplish at least 25-50,000MW before the end of the 2nd to 4th year, the whole of the pDP nationwide should be given the RED card.

But then we better be building formidable and credible opposition now.

WE NEED GOD HELP TO GIVE US LIGHT, BLACKMAN PUTTING HIS FELLOW BLACKMAN IN DARKENESS, THE FACT THAT WE ARE BLACK DOES NOT MEAN WE SHOULD BE IN DARKNESS ALL THE TIME.

GOD GUIDE AND BLESS US PLEASE.
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by yewwybaby1(f): 5:33am On Sep 29, 2007
wow, no matter what they change the name to, if they take lite naija will always say NEPA!!!, and the PHCN they've changed it to has been giving its naija meaning, as NEPA is Never Expect Power Always, PHCN is Problem Has Change Name or Please Hold Candle Now, lol, change name or not, thats not wht we need we need them to change the whole electrical cycle!!!!, power hollding bs, they're really holdin the power from the people!!
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by ndelta1(m): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2008
power hold captive nigerian
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by Fabisonval: 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2010
My fellows have almost said it all anyway. They are all right, but to me, I insist that the change of name from NEPA to PHCN is to still hold us blinded. Their corruption remains with them. Even to me, I 've said that they somehow revealed the meaning of the PHCN in spite of all they claim. The then president OBJ noted that: POWER HAS CORRUPTED (the) NATION - unlike what we see about them in the nation today. God forbid! Tufiakwa!![color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by Fabisonval: 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
At first, ECN which means Energy commission of Nigeria. It was when they had ambitions (let's assume that). Later as they came to reveal that we are hoping vainly, they renamed it NEPA in which they meant: Never Expect Power Always or No Enough Power Available. Yet we remained hopeful, finally they changed the name again to PHCN in which they are even urging us to join them. They now mean: Please Help Corrupt Nigeria. That is why they only want to be bribed before availability of electricity at the appointed time when a crucial event happens which needs to be watched on television. And in some other crucial matters. But I say no because, Nigeria belongs to God.
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by namski(m): 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
PHCN - Please Hold Candle Now; Power Has Corrupted (the) Nation; Please Help Corrupt Nigeria. lmao!

Very ingenious!
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by hunce: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2010
Over the years, I have been involved in co-ops here in the USA. The true co-op is owned by the customer, who has voting rights as to who runs the operation, all the way down to the executive Secretary. The positions are voted on every year via the last electric bill received at the end of the year. Monthly meetings are held, and all customers are welcome to sit in and hear what all is going on and or being proposed. The customer earns dividends according to the amount of what he/she has paid via the electric bill. The more paid in the more received back in a form of a check or added to the usage bill at the end of the following year. By being monitored in this matter, it is nearly impossible for corruption to avail. It is very important for individuals to get involved in community matters, and set high standards for all to follow. Eventually, corruption subsides due to the fact that not everyone can be used as their private toy.
Re: NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) by oskaaay(m): 7:13am On Mar 25, 2019
diakim:
No, it doesn't matter. A change of name does not necessarily means an improvement in perofrmance.

Remember the time the The Nigerian Police downed their former black uniform for the present one? They still remain the same inefficient and corrupt organisation. So, NEPA or PHCN still means the same organisation. What they really need to change is their modus operandi and not their name.
You are right grin

hmmmm its already over 13 years when NEPA changed to PHCN and indeed no improvement was seen like the telecoms sector. What a nation we are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... / Nigerians Blast Fayose For Saying "Send Buahri Back To Daura Or Expect More Blun / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.