Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

What Odd Memory Will You Always Remember Bubu's Government For? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / What Odd Memory Will You Always Remember Bubu's Government For? (542 Views)

Remember When Aiyegbeni Broke Our Hearts / When U Don't Remember What To Sing Next / Who Remember This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Odd Memory Will You Always Remember Bubu's Government For? by kazzbab(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
Though I've got both friendly and weird memories from different regimes -military to civilian rule, yet, there is one I will never forget.

I can still remember the June 12 experience (when I used sawndust stove and mixed the waste gotten from sieved pap with garri to make eba for the first time) like it happened yesterday, neither have I forgotten those in power then.

I can still remember very well when we used to play football and basketball on the street of Lagos till very late at night due to the very bright streetlights and assured security, neither have I forgotten the people on power then.

I can still remember when firing squads would take armedrubbers to either their schools or family houses with tipperloads of sound, drums and ropes to kill them. I've not forgotten the people in power too.

I can still vividly remember the first time I heard it announced on radio by NEPA that there would be a power outage in some arrears, reason, duration and when to expect power restored. Geisha, sardines and condensed milk days, I can go on and on, even to the one who donated her family on behalf of ten million naira to her fellow widows while her husband lives.

The weirdest memory which keeps coming and coming was the one I experienced under bubu, which goes thus:
[b]
There's a memory I'm finding so difficult to get off my mind each time I hear "BU..."

After returning from NYSC in April 2015, I went to the popular Bodija Market in Ibadan to get foodstuffs in bulk, and at wholesales prices.
Among other things, I could remember I bought a pail of garri (usually called garawa, which contained 10 moulds) at ₦300. This means a mould (which contains 10 cups) was ₦30. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was the president then, though Bubu had won the election but yet to be sworn in.

Fastforward to December same year under a new president Bubu who was just about 6 months in office. I went to the same market to buy stuffs as usual and bought the same garawa of garri at ₦1000, meaning a mould was sold for ₦100.

I felt bad and thought we had had the worst, not knowing the same garawa would soon rise to ₦5000, placing a mould at ₦500 from the market which sells the cheapest price. In fact, a milk cup of garri was sold at the rate of ₦65 per one for those who couldn't afford to go to Bodija.

You may need to share yours for us to both learn and laugh off this tension.[/b]
Re: What Odd Memory Will You Always Remember Bubu's Government For? by donbachi(m): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2021
The hardship is enough to make nigerians not remember any of them.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Memory Will You Always Remember Bubu's Government For? by 724kamtochukwu: 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Top Funny Videos Compliation 2022 / Twitter Users Landing In Nairaland As Twitter Is Down Lmaoooo! / Social Dave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.