Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310299 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lastbornbuns: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2022
Ihee01:

Bros, my eye is deceiving me. Pls help me and check these numbers POSS2022... for PhD in Imo.
...28108 M or F name?
Convince me to see the reasons to waist my precious time and money to apply again, then take risk on the road for interview.
Those numbers don't exist in any ptdf list for Imo PhD (interview and award). All the winners in Imo are on the interview list. The first 2 on UK list got it and the first person on GFM and 3rd to last got it. So what else are you saying?
Seems your mind is made up to believe what you want. As for your earlier quote, I'm still an UG from the South East and I know my profile is already competitive for ptdf oss if I were to apply. That doesn't mean there might not/won't be people with better profiles than mine. Just 4 people got in and they're over 50 on the interview list for Imo. Let's be realistic with our expectations abeg. There are other less competitive and anxiety inducing scholarships out there. Find them and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ihee01: 11:14am On Aug 15, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

Those numbers don't exist in any ptdf list for Imo PhD (interview and award). All the winners in Imo are on the interview list. The first 2 on UK list got it and the first person on GFM and 3rd to last got it. So what else are you saying?
Seems your mind is made up to believe what you want. As for your earlier quote, I'm still an UG from the South East and I know my profile is already competitive for ptdf oss if I were to apply. That doesn't mean there might not/won't be people with better profiles than mine. Just 4 people got in and they're over 50 on the interview list for Imo. Let's be realistic with our expectations abeg. There are other less competitive and anxiety inducing scholarships out there. Find them and move on.

Thanks for this. So these were down by internet hackers? That is why I have been lamenting on it.
Fraudsters everywhere oh!
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ajayghalee: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2022
still feel super down that I was not selected. I was super confident. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2022
Thanks for this. If we can see, one of those who won the scholarship already sat ontop of the list for their state, they were already technically the best without interview component. It showed they also did well in interview because if they didn't do well in the interview, the ranking would have changed if others did better than them
Lastbornbuns:

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2022
Sorry. PTDF is quite competitive. Around 8000 people interviewed for approximately 400 awards
Ajayghalee:
still feel super down that I was not selected. I was super confident. It is well

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Thanks for this. If we can see, one of those who won the scholarship already sat ontop of the list for their state, they were already technically the best without interview component. It showed they also did well in interview because if they didn't do well in the interview, the ranking would have changed if others did better than them
Sir ExpertNler , shey you can now see that our assertion that the Interview list is arranged in ascending order of highest scoring candidates from each state is true .

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by esmarcq(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

Can you drop the link to get this list please. Thank you
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lastbornbuns: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ihee01:

Thanks for this. So these were down by internet hackers? That is why I have been lamenting on it.
Fraudsters everywhere oh!
Internet hackers?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
how did u know the interview list is ascending order of highest scoring candidates?

Omexx:
Sir ExpertNler , shey you can now see that our assertion that the Interview list is arranged in ascending order of highest scoring candidates from each state is true .
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
In programming there has to be an order. So the first thing I checked was if it was arranged by either surname/first name/middle name and registration number. Upon validation of the data, it was clear that it wasn't alphabetical name order or serial number order.

Taking the data set and validating it with other sources e.g Linkedin/Newspaper articles/things you can find on the internet for a number of states, the hypothesis was confirmed true that candidates were ranked based on their 'profile strength' per state
tolaade1960:
how did u know the interview list is ascending order of highest scoring candidates?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
ExpertNLer:
In programming there has to be an order. So the first thing I checked was if it was arranged by either surname/first name/middle name and registration number. Upon validation of the data, it was clear that it wasn't alphabetical name order or serial number order.

Taking the data set and validating it with other sources e.g Linkedin/Newspaper articles/things you can find on the internet for a number of states, the hypothesis was confirmed true that candidates were ranked based on their 'profile strength' per state

Also, I checked from my state and like three other states and saw that those selected were mostly from the Top list. Though there are some displacements due to interview performance .

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ChidiEmma95: 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
Las las, as I collect the breakfast, I moeuved....
He who fights and run away,,,,
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
I disagreed . it could be timing of submitting application. what parameter of ranking thousands, CGPA is only parameter on application the field to filter or ranking .

ExpertNLer:

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
Then how come someone who submitted application last is ranked at the top of their state. CGPA is not the only thing the application asks for. It asks for your WAEC grades - the specific A1 or B2 or B3. It also asks for class of degree e.g 1st class is 30 points, 2'1 is 24 points 2'2 is 18 points. A1 is 6 points, B2. is 5 points. All those are numbers that are fed into the system for shortlisting. Or do you think PTDF would scroll through 20,000 applications to shortlist 8000? they'll use computer software to do the separation
tolaade1960:
I disagreed . it could be timing of submitting application. what parameter of ranking thousands, CGPA is only parameter on application the field to filter or ranking .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by OtungF: 8:40am On Aug 16, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Then how come someone who submitted application last is ranked at the top of their state. CGPA is not the only thing the application asks for. It asks for your WAEC grades - the specific A1 or B2 or B3. It also asks for class of degree e.g 1st class is 30 points, 2'1 is 24 points 2'2 is 18 points. A1 is 6 points, B2. is 5 points. All those are numbers that are fed into the system for shortlisting. Or do you think PTDF would scroll through 20,000 applications to shortlist 8000? they'll use computer software to do the separation

I think you are correct, I submitted my application few minutes past midnight on the deadline, I was No 1 for my state for the interview list for PhD GFM category and I got d scholarship (No 32), I think all d published lists are arranged according to performance

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2022
the award list might be in order of performance but interview is NOT,, criteria might be used to filter the application considering the volume of applications received.
Grading of Olevel and degrees were done in the interview process.
In the award list , the candidates are randomly selected based on their interviews grading or ranking.

quote author=OtungF post=115749644]

I think you are correct, I submitted my application few minutes past midnight on the deadline, I was No 1 for my state for the interview list for PhD GFM category and I got d scholarship (No 32), I think all d published lists are arranged according to performance [/quote]
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
My addition to this is i was the first ranked candidate for my state in the interview list for UK. I did not get the scholarship, but the second and third ranked candidates in my state in the interview list got the award. However someone far down on the list also got it, making them three in total.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
theguvn0r:
My addition to this is i was the first ranked candidate for my state in the interview list for UK. I did not get the scholarship, but the second and third ranked candidates in my state in the interview list got the award. However someone far down on the list also got it, making them three in total.

You suppose to win it. How was your interview, did you make any mistake when disseminating your information.

How was your SOP? Did you relate it to oil and gas? Did you think you convinced your assessors?

Was your course readily available in Nigeria with no overeseas expertees? For example, They will favour Geology over Public Health as it is more associated to oil and gas development in Nigeria.

Did you have membership, publications and awards?

The computer only ranks degree and O level during application. I am very sure you had First class and your O level is superb.
Try and work on the aforementioned and also apply to other scholarship such as Chevening (currently on), Australia government, Commonwealth, USA nad Canada schools e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
babey543:

You suppose to win it. How was your interview, did you make any mistake when disseminating your information.

How was your SOP? Did you relate it to oil and gas? Did you think you convinced your assessors?

Was your course readily available in Nigeria with no overeseas expertees? For example, They will favour Geology over Public Health as it is more associated to oil and gas development in Nigeria.

Did you have membership, publications and awards?

The computer only ranks degree and O level during application. I am very sure you had First class and your O level is superb.
Try and work on the aforementioned and also apply to other scholarship such as Chevening (currently on), Australia government, Commonwealth, USA nad Canada schools e.t.c

I think it’s because I’m under management. My intended course of study was crisis and disaster management. I did a brilliant job in my sop and interview connecting the issues to the oil and gas industry. In fact, the chairman of my interview panel even said “Hmmm This professor” after seeing me outside.

I have no publications though, and I believe they must have favoured those in the core field of oil and gas like geology or engineering.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
theguvn0r:

Check whether the “someone far down the list” is a female, highest ranking female is also considered.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
Omexx:

Check whether the “someone far down the list” is a female, highest ranking female is also considered.

It’s a male. It just wasn’t meant to be for me!
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
Sorry to hear. It happened in a number of states for PhD where the 4th and maybe 6th were considered above the rest. PTDF is very competitive and grace is also needed
theguvn0r:
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Sorry to hear. It happened in a number of states for PhD where the 4th and maybe 6th were considered above the rest. PTDF is very competitive and grace is also needed
in my state for UK PhD category, the awardees were numbered 27 and 29 in the interview list!
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by hamzacs(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
Thank you brother.
sadiik45:

Congratulations. Allah sanya alkhairi.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:38am On Aug 17, 2022
OtungF:

Is it MSC or PhD?
I sent you a dm. Please kindly reply with your contact so we can connect. I am also for Germany
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2022
EbubeDelight:
https:// chat.whatsapp. com/EORiSJcMZeXGe4lbluN6Ye

Please remove the spaces
Link isn't working ma'am
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Oladapo96: 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Please, who knows when the stakeholders list would be out?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by SonyaSpence: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2022
Oladapo96:
Please, who knows when the stakeholders list would be out?

Are you by chance implying that it is yet to be released?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Gwintech: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2022
mrphysics:

PTDF does not have a set timeline they follow. It varies every year, thus, they are not predictable.

I remember vividly that it was on June 14th that our names came out. Last year, I think it was in July.

With June almost gone or with the interviews just concluded, it's obvious that the list won't come out this month and we can all hope for July. They are most people here who are connected and have contact of some workers or decision makers in the Tower. So they can know the expected date of release of the list.

How can I reach you
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by OtungF: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2022
LoveThemChubby:

Link isn't working ma'am
Remove the space and it will work. I have replied ur email
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Oladapo96: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
SonyaSpence:

Are you by chance implying that it is yet to be released?

No. Let me rephrase. Has the stake holders list been released?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.