Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,978 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (309964 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 15, 2022
hosey:

Who told you many people here didnt win too.
Follow PTDF instructions and bring admission letter of the selected schools.
Simple as ABC.
I notice you like following people without having a mind of yours. I hope you wont be led astray.
Continue follow people who are on the stakeholders lists and slot.

You that you are on merit slot, better follow PTDF instructions so you wont fail your interview.
Bring the selected admission letter from PTDF school with you to the panel especially PHD

Like I said, if you don't know what you are talking about keep your mouth shut. You noticed what? how? when? where do you know me from? how long have I been on this thread for you to make that observation? As far as I know admission letter is not a requirement for the interview process, nor do they ask you for it. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with trying to get them to sponsor your preferred school even if it isnt on the list. The people I know who've gotten this scholarship, close friends did so 100 percent based on merit. One of them is currently studying at a school not on the list, mrphysics also corroborated this. If you want to limit yourself then please go ahead and do it. But please stop deceiving people here about something you have no clue about. When conducting your interview, speak to them about the course you chose on your application and defend it. Then you can attempt to change it after you get the scholarship.

My advice is if you have a school you want thats not on the list, get your admission, then get admission from a listed school as well just in case. There is no harm in that. Do with this what you please.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 15, 2022
Pato5:

Please are you implying it's possible to be funded for a school outside the list.
While I don't want to put my hope in ptdf I went ahead to apply to a school (UK) I can afford and have even paid deposit. Should incase I'm lucky and get offered the scholarship, can they fund the school?

Get admitted to a school on the list. If you are lucky enough to be selected for funding, bring both admission letters and pitch to them your preferred school, especially if the course is related to Energy. You have nothing to lose by doing this.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by joviegghead: 7:01pm On May 15, 2022
Hey legends,
Please, can I apply for other schools on the PTDF approved schools list, but are not part of the 3 schools I selected?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by AloL23: 7:08pm On May 15, 2022
We need not get agitated over the shortlist / update mails sent. I did not receive the mail, but I have gotten admissions in Cranfield University, Robert Gordon University and University of Aberdeen all in the UK and all PTDF affiliated. However, for those who didn't get the mail sent last week, we can only be hopeful. When the mails for the time and dates starts coming in, then we can conclude and move on.

Besides, did anyone who choose Ibadan as a preferred place of interview get the mail? I chose Ibadan. Thank you.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by esmarcq(m): 7:32pm On May 15, 2022
They both are
EdoBoy90:

I know of Aberdeen.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by GIGATT9(m): 7:48pm On May 15, 2022
I changed my interview location to Ibadan...
I applied to Cranfield last week, yet to get an admission offer.

AloL23:
We need not get agitated over the shortlist / update mails sent. I did not receive the mail, but I have gotten admissions in Cranfield University, Robert Gordon University and University of Aberdeen all in the UK and all PTDF affiliated. However, for those who didn't get the mail sent last week, we can only be hopeful. When the mails for the time and dates starts coming in, then we can conclude and move on.

Besides, did anyone who choose Ibadan as a preferred place of interview get the mail? I chose Ibadan. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Aremson14(m): 7:50pm On May 15, 2022
AloL23:

Yh I picked Ibadan as a preferred location and got d mail
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by joviegghead: 8:11pm On May 15, 2022
Aremson14:

Yh I picked Ibadan as a preferred location and got d mail
Ibadan crew cool

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Pato5(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2022
tolaade1960:
But PTDF selected schools are many , while going out of their collaborating universities.
Don't you know that these PTDF will get reduced cost of study for the sponsoring students because it's offered by Nigerian government.

I also have an admission (conditional) with one on the list but you know most of those schools have tuition above €20,000 hence why I applied to a cheaper school that I can afford.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Pato5(m): 8:46pm On May 15, 2022
AlBukhari:

Get admitted to a school on the list. If you are lucky enough to be selected for funding, bring both admission letters and pitch to them your preferred school, especially if the course is related to Energy. You have nothing to lose by doing this.
OK Thanks
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by FatimaMK: 8:57pm On May 15, 2022
Interviews for UK and GFC usually take two weeks, but now that they included LSS interview they extended the period to three weeks.
tolaade1960:
Did u mean everyone who got interview mails were successful for the scholarship?
To me, people who got emails for updates and submit were shortlisted for interviews but there are some parts of the application missing?
By the time they sent out main interview mails, all shortlisted will be contacted, for final selection.

But I don't expect the the interview exceeding 1week.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Wrydwahn: 9:56am On May 16, 2022
does that mean one should have gotten admission in any of those overseas' schools before the slated interview dates
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 10:23am On May 16, 2022
Wrydwahn:
does that mean one should have gotten admission in any of those overseas' schools before the slated interview dates

Just to be clear, under no circumstances should you go to the interview and tell them you intend to change your course or school afterwards. Go there with the intention to defend whichever school and course you selected on your application. Whatever modification you want to do to that must come afterwards IF you're lucky enough to be selected.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 10:47am On May 16, 2022
AlBukhari:

Just to be clear, under no circumstances should you go to the interview and tell them you intend to change your course or school afterwards. Go there with the intention to defend whichever school and course you selected on your application. Whatever modification you want to do to that must come afterwards IF you're lucky enough to be selected.
Nice advice. Everyone focus should just be on the interview.
Also, dont ask question on how much will scholarship pay or will PTDF sponsor your husband and kids. Don mention that you plan to get job overseas.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by OKame(m): 11:44am On May 16, 2022
EdoBoy90:
PTDF should pls help man pikin ooo.

Secured admission offers of Glasgow, Aberdeen and Strathyclyde.
please what did you use as proof for English proficiency
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Stotman: 11:45am On May 16, 2022
Are you people getting interview dates already?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Wrydwahn: 11:53am On May 16, 2022
Wrydwahn:
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD ANSWER ME HERE
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Pheelixx: 11:57am On May 16, 2022
For those considering Germany as their prefeerd study destination and currently don't hold an offer from any german school, kindly note that you're expected to secure the admission yourself. Neither DAAD nor PTDF will assist you with the admission. You can find this info on a document published by DAAD during the 2020 application call. They clearly stated it on the 3rd page. So my advice is that you seek your admissions now. Uni-Assist may take a while, and their process is something else. Try finding schools that accept direct application rather than through Uni-Assist. I got my admission through direct application (HS Darmstadt) but their deadline has elapsed. Fortunately, DAAD gave the option of starting in the winter session (ie January) so you should also consider that.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EdoBoy90(m): 1:39pm On May 16, 2022
OKame:
please what did you use as proof for English proficiency

The one I collected from my School from the Registrar.

If you have WAEC, some schools do accept it.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by MacJoseph200: 3:00pm On May 16, 2022
Wrydwahn:

Yes. Because you will tender your admission letter(s) at the interview along with other documents.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 16, 2022
MacJoseph200:

Yes. Because you will tender your admission letter(s) at the interview along with other documents.

No you won't.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Raphaelmary(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2022
MacJoseph200:

Stop spreading falsehood
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by kolladey(m): 5:35pm On May 16, 2022
MacJoseph200:

Bros, this is totally untrue. Admission letter is not part of the mandatory documents you are presenting on the interview day. The documents you are presenting are those that you uploaded with your application.
You can also present any relevant document(s) you acquired after your application,it will be considered.
NB: Presenting admission letter on the interview day is not a plus to make the final list and not having admission letter on the interview day will not have any negative effect on you.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ibrixy: 5:45pm On May 16, 2022
AloL23:

Hello,
Is Cranfield University PTDF affaliated? Can you please point me to any resources on this?
Thanks
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ibrixy: 6:02pm On May 16, 2022
EdoBoy90:
This time around, I must carry my admission offer letters to the interview, defend myself very well and pray to God. Join some professional bodies before the interview day.

Hi,
Are there really professional bodies one can join before the interview date? If yes, I'd be interested in joining too, under your tutorship.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ibrixy: 6:13pm On May 16, 2022
Goodlucknigeria:

Sure.. Send an email to me via successfavour33@yahoo.com

Email to this address bounced back, please verify the email.
Thanks.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by biosystech: 8:04pm On May 16, 2022
Pheelixx:
For those considering Germany as their prefeerd study destination and currently don't hold an offer from any german school, kindly note that you're expected to secure the admission yourself. Neither DAAD nor PTDF will assist you with the admission. You can find this info on a document published by DAAD during the 2020 application call. They clearly stated it on the 3rd page. So my advice is that you seek your admissions now. Uni-Assist may take a while, and their process is something else. Try finding schools that accept direct application rather than through Uni-Assist. I got my admission through direct application (HS Darmstadt) but their deadline has elapsed. Fortunately, DAAD gave the option of starting in the winter session (ie January) so you should also consider that.
Thanks for the tip. Seems TU Berlin only takes application through Uni-Assist. They were having issues last night and the dealine was yesterday. I don't know how I want to do it again.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting us.

Applications through the Etudes en France (Campus France) have closed. Applications reopen from October for next year September (2023) intake.

However, many schools, especially private schools, still accept applications.

CC: Mrphysics. The above from Campus France
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by youngelder(m): 9:33pm On May 16, 2022
biosystech:
Thanks for the tip. Seems TU Berlin only takes application through Uni-Assist. They were having issues last night and the dealine was yesterday. I don't know how I want to do it again.

CC: Mrphysics. The above from Campus France

Boss, can you explain the implications for these?

I chose schools in France.

What's the implication especially for those who haven't gotten admission yet?

Thank you
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by biosystech: 10:12pm On May 16, 2022
youngelder:

Boss, can you explain the implications for these?

I chose schools in France.

What's the implication especially for those who haven't gotten admission yet?

Thank you
I honestly don't know too. This is my first time applying to France and I haven't been admitted.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Mbembe123: 10:46pm On May 16, 2022
Pheelixx:

Hello Pheelix, pls can i call you. kindly share your number with me on 07032487325 ok tnks.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mhosqo(m): 6:36am On May 17, 2022
[quote author=mrphysics post=112763870]
For Germany, France, and maybe Malaysia scholars, PTDF does not manage them directly. PTDF manages solely UK scholars directly. For others the Fund relies on third party scholarship bodies for effective and efficient management of the scholars. Thus, for Germany: DAAD, France: Campus France, etc.

Good day. I just got notified. Please help, I can't find where to change my interview to a virtual one. I'm not in nigeria at the moment !
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EdoBoy90(m): 6:43am On May 17, 2022
[quote author=mhosqo post=112906083][/quote]

Deadline has passed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.