Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310338 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 8:42am On May 25, 2022
Which type of articles ? It's academic journal papers.

Minnieny:
Do you know if articles other than scholarly ones will be accepted?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 8:44am On May 25, 2022
Definitely on email .

blay92:
Where you guys receive link on mail or the PDTF Portal
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by landkay: 9:05am On May 25, 2022
You can try this. I hope and pray they respond because i sent a mail to this same address and yet to get a response.

info@ptdf.gov.ng

Wrydwahn:
Please who has ptdf scholarships mail??
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 9:32am On May 25, 2022
Itzoghe:
Hi guys,

I did my virtual interview on 23rd and I have the following to say:

My interview date was initially 1st June but on 20th of May, I received a meeting link with a new interview date as 23rd May by 7pm. However my portal had the time as 5pm

To be on the safe side, I tried joining the meeting from 5pm till 6pm but couldn't as teams kept displaying a message *that the meeting hasn't started*. By exactly 7pm, I clicked on the link and was allowed into the meeting 2 minutes later.

-Well I don't know if it counts but I declared my availability for the meeting by selecting the YES option on the invite.
-Also from my experience you can only access the meeting at your given date and time.
-I wasn't asked to present any documents though I had them ready
-Lastly, the meeting was actually for 10 minutes

All the best of luck to everyone
Nice,best of luck. PhD or masters?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 10:47am On May 25, 2022
I currently thinking about not going for my PTDF Scholarship Interview in Abuja.
Reason are: I am having D7 in one of the major science subject (Chemistry). I am a second author in the publication I have and, lastly I am currently in Lagos, thinking about the flight fare to and fro is demoralizing. I am trying to be realistic while also believe God for Grace.
An advice from you all will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lee84: 10:57am On May 25, 2022
pijay:
I currently thinking about not going for my PTDF Scholarship Interview in Abuja.
Reason are: I am having D7 in one of the major science subject (Chemistry). I am a second author in the publication I have and, lastly I am currently in Lagos, thinking about the flight fare to and fro is demoralizing. I am trying to be realistic while also believe God for Grace.

Didn't you choose virtual? Are you for PhD or Msc
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by godthank3434(m): 11:30am On May 25, 2022
pijay:

I met people from Lagos in Abuja this past Monday. The fact is you don't have any excuse not to show up for the interview. You even have a publication to cover up for the D7.

Na everybody wey come Abuja from Lagos use flight?

Second author or 20th author, the panelist told me let your name just show in the journal when they search it online. Yes, my panelist were fully armed with data and laptop to check the title of your work online so they can verify.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2022
Lee84:

Didn't you choose virtual? Are you for PhD or Msc
I missed the window period for changing of location.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Wrydwahn: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
blacknoir:

Nice,best of luck. PhD or masters?
please share us the interview link na
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Wrydwahn: 12:10pm On May 25, 2022
KelChuks:
If you choose virtual interview and got the link, there is a place for you to respond your availability for the interview at the said time. I think it is wise to respond so the ptdf team can prepare your meeting ahead of time.
share us the interview link please
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KelChuks: 12:20pm On May 25, 2022
Itzoghe:
Hi guys,

I did my virtual interview on 23rd and I have the following to say:

My interview date was initially 1st June but on 20th of May, I received a meeting link with a new interview date as 23rd May by 7pm. However my portal had the time as 5pm

To be on the safe side, I tried joining the meeting from 5pm till 6pm but couldn't as teams kept displaying a message *that the meeting hasn't started*. By exactly 7pm, I clicked on the link and was allowed into the meeting 2 minutes later.

-Well I don't know if it counts but I declared my availability for the meeting by selecting the YES option on the invite.
-Also from my experience you can only access the meeting at your given date and time.
-I wasn't asked to present any documents though I had them ready
-Lastly, the meeting was actually for 10 minutes

All the best of luck to everyone

Thank you so much. I have selected yes in response to the mail. This is what I am planning to do. My first date was on 31st June.
On PTDF site was 27th and link came with 27th.

Now, I received another link with different time but still maintained 27th. I will have to start login with the earliest time and date.

By God's grace, I believe it will be hitch free.

I wish everyone best of luck in the interview and rectification of any faults. May we find favour to excel her.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by chryste123: 12:32pm On May 25, 2022
KelChuks:

Thank you so much. I have selected yes in response to the mail. This is what I am planning to do. My first date was on 31st June.
On PTDF site was 27th and link came with 27th.

Now, I received another link with different time but still maintained 27th. I will have to start login with the earliest time and date.

By God's grace, I believe it will be hitch free.

I wish everyone best of luck in the interview and rectification of any faults. May we find favour to excel her.

Please when did you receive your interview links?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by muhds1: 12:41pm On May 25, 2022
In KD center they say no need for publications for MSc

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 12:45pm On May 25, 2022
muhds1:
yes, it's not compulsory but it adds more marks to ur total marks
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by muhds1: 12:53pm On May 25, 2022
HausaIgboYoruba:
yes, it's not compulsory but it adds more marks to ur total marks
Well for me I have a publication but they didn't ask for it. When I told them I have publications they said no need for it. Although if you have one then by all means go with it. Interviewers vary.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:58pm On May 25, 2022
CHAIRMAN1:
Any PhD for Thursday 26th Abuja? Or am I the only one?

Anyone? I need an answer please.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
Honestly, I don't reason for asking candidates going for MSc taught for published academic journal when not in academics .

Meanwhile, PTDF mission is to train Nigerians to be useful in petroleum industry in engineering, geology and management.

Though, I may mean to be be added advantage but how many MSc would get journal papers?

I still understand the professional bodies request . infact they may not even reckon with certifications like Cisco , Microsoft etc

muhds1:
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lastbornbuns: 1:25pm On May 25, 2022
Wrydwahn:

How can you expect them to share their interview link here? What if its not the same link for everyone (which is most likely the case). Your best bet is to call or email ptdf or go to the nearest physical center near you

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by muhds1: 1:46pm On May 25, 2022
tolaade1960:
Honestly, I don't reason for asking candidates going for MSc taught for published academic journal when not in academics .

Meanwhile, PTDF mission is to train Nigerians to be useful in petroleum industry in engineering, geology and management.

Though, I may mean to be be added advantage but how many MSc would get journal papers?

I still understand the professional bodies request . infact they may not even reckon with certifications like Cisco , Microsoft etc

Exactly! For those yet to be interviewed just make sure you perform well in the interview. Check their website and the say that the selection is based purely on interview performance.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Trapheal1: 1:58pm On May 25, 2022
So what I discovered, the time on the paper is not followed religiously, I did mine in Uniport, got there before 10am and i was scheduled for 12pm, I was called to join those that came, for 10:30. There was someone else for 3pm that cleared with us.

With regards to professional membership, one of the panelist just advised me to get them.

Did not ask me anything from my SOP.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ultimatelaron: 2:05pm On May 25, 2022
It'll really shock me if they disregard my Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) and Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) certifications. I don't see how being a member of Nigeria Computer Society ( NCS) is acceptable but the former are not. Anyway my interview is tomorrow, let's see how it goes. Finger's crossed.

tolaade1960:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blacknoir: 2:12pm On May 25, 2022
Wrydwahn:

I am not doing virtual
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Club25: 2:35pm On May 25, 2022
Trapheal1:
So what I discovered, the time on the paper is not followed religiously, I did mine in Uniport, got there before 10am and i was scheduled for 12pm, I was called to join those that came, for 10:30. There was someone else for 3pm that cleared with us.

With regards to professional membership, one of the panelist just advised me to get them.

Did not ask me anything from my SOP.

Please, can you direct me on how to locate the venue when I get to Portharcourt.

Thanks.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2022
ultimatelaron:
It'll really shock me if they disregard my Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) and Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) certifications. I don't see how being a member of Nigeria Computer Society ( NCS) is acceptable but the former are not. Anyway my interview is tomorrow, let's see how it goes. Finger's crossed.

I am eagerly waiting for your interview. CCNA, OCA, OCP are professional certifications but you have to be under a professional body which are CPN (Computers Professional of Nigeria) NCS (Nigeria Computer Society) COREN, ICAN etc.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by godthank3434(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2022
pijay:

I am eagerly waiting for interview. CCNA, OCA, OCP are professional certifications but you have to be under a professional body which are CPN (Computers Professional of Nigeria) NCS (Nigeria Computer Society) COREN, ICAN etc.

You are right. Professional bodies is different from professional certifications

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 3:18pm On May 25, 2022
You know PTDF is govt agency. And these professional bodies are govt- inclined.even If you have CCIE, it doesn't concern PTDF scholarship.
I think Professional bodies and journal papers are just an edge but I think your interview responses and relevance of your chosen course really matters .

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Trapheal1: 3:40pm On May 25, 2022
Club25:

Please, can you direct me on how to locate the venue when I get to Portharcourt.

Thanks.

You coming from which side? I would try copy pin from Google map
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Trapheal1: 3:45pm On May 25, 2022
Club25:

Thanks.
When you get to choba, just ask any bike man, IPS (abs junction) ... you would not enter uniport main gate, just a little forward in the express you would see the institute

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by khorusizaghi55(m): 4:14pm On May 25, 2022
I Did mine at IPS, Master your SOP.. And most importantly have an open mind.

All the best
Any master scholar from Ebonyi State??

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ultimatelaron: 4:21pm On May 25, 2022
pijay:

I am eagerly waiting for your interview. CCNA, OCA, OCP are professional certifications but you have to be under a professional body which are CPN (Computers Professional of Nigeria) NCS (Nigeria Computer Society) COREN, ICAN etc.

Hmm I see. I guess I'll eventually have to do those, but for now let's pray and hope for the best.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KelChuks: 4:24pm On May 25, 2022
chryste123:

Please when did you receive your interview links?

I got another one yesterday night.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by YhemmyBloom(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2022
Sure all government approved bodies should have and not all those private ones..He insisted that being under any government aporoved membership and as a paid member, your ID card will indicate the number and type of membership status it carries i.e. student, associate,professional, executive member etc.he also asked if what i wanted is part or full scholarship .. i was like Part like how angry i answered Full scholarship..
HausaIgboYoruba:
but professional membership certificate usually carries ID na!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.