Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,241 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Finally Got My First Iphone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally Got My First Iphone (4645 Views)

Iphone 16 Pro’ Could Be The First Iphone With Under-display Front Camera. / My First Iphone; Which One Should I Go For Between Iphone 7+ And 8+ / Finally Got My Itel S16 Guys!! Come See The Dope Pictures I Took With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
Flamees:

Bro grin you forgot that we have permission manager and seriously im always mindful of the permissions i grant to an app and
More over Virus don't infect andriod like java grin
Jailbreak just to enjoy cheap Tricks lol

If your phone is rooted, forget about the permission manager stuff bro. Most of those apps secretly obtains root access. As at today Android is the OS with most vulnerabilities, even Windows for pc didn’t come close.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Flamees(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ola17:

If your phone is rooted, forget about the permission manager stuff bro. Most of those apps secretly obtains root access. As at today Android is the OS with most vulnerabilities, even Windows for pc didn’t come close.
Comrade you don win for the arguments

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Flamees:

But i won't lie i like ios security based grin and how fluid the apps are
The Only thing I don't like about ios is being restricted to some certain things

That is quite true, the restrictions could be frustrating.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
Flamees:

Comrade you don win for the arguments

Bro grin

1 Like

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by NewDelhi(m): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ola17:

It is erroneous to conclude that iPhones are overhyped.

The iPhone is a premium device that maintains exclusivity to only those that value quality and security. It is a luxury brand that offers value for money hardly seen with other brands. How many smartphones makers still push updates and support to their 6 and 7 year old phones?

Business people and high net worth individuals go for iOS(used to be Blackberry by RIM) as Android devices are easily compromised.
Security indeed. If there's anything about security or spying to worry you, then it's the Apple and the American government.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 4:01am On Dec 19, 2021
NewDelhi:

Security indeed. If there's anything about security or spying to worry you, then it's the Apple and the American government.

Unless you are a person of interest, the government no get your time.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by OtunbaBlack(m): 6:47am On Dec 19, 2021
seanwilliam:

It's not a lie bro.. try downloading an app on apple store, check the size and compare that same apps on Google play store.. that way it consumes more data

Have you seen apples UI designs compared to android?
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Danielwiseoo(f): 7:08am On Dec 19, 2021
Try gionee s12 lite camera and u will know that iPhone is just overhyped

1 Like

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 7:59am On Dec 19, 2021
OtunbaBlack:

They will not understand.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by dreamxhaser: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Danielwiseoo:

Bros na Android(samsung) I dey use. But this your lie no get part two

1 Like

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Kibbs(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2021
Ola17:

It is a luxury brand that offers value for money

Nah bruh. Value for what?? Everything you've noted is arguable but not this one. The iPhones are always always overpriced. They offer premium features but not worth $1000 especially these ones in recent years that are just recycled year after year. Dope phone but never value for money, and if you think I'm spewing nonsense, go on YouTube to watch review videos.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Kibbs(m): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2021
OtunbaBlack:

Have you seen Android 12's smoothness, beauty and elegance? Second to none. These stereotypes are always based on yesteryears and never on the present.

PS: when I'm talking about Android 12, I mean on Pixel and Samsung cus those are the embodiment of Androids especially Pixel. Every other one are just there

1 Like

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Danielwiseoo(f): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2021
Guy shey u get google search the phone naw..
dreamxhaser:

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2021
Kibbs:

Nah bruh. Value for what?? Everything you've noted is arguable but not this one. The iPhones are always always overpriced. They offer premium features but not worth $1000 especially these ones in recent years that are just recycled year after year. Dope phone but never value for money, and if you think I'm spewing nonsense, go on YouTube to watch review videos.

Opinion of few YouTubers that are probably paid by competitors or trying to get the attention of Apple doesn’t negate the fact held by majority of users that iPhones offer value for money spent. The huge market and high resale price of used iPhones should give you a clue.

The brand wouldn’t have been so successful with a substantial market share if their products aren’t valuable.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by OtunbaBlack(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2021
Kibbs:

Have you seen Android 12's smoothness, beauty and elegance? Second to none. These stereotypes are always based on yesteryears and never on the present.

PS: when I'm talking about Android 12, I mean on Pixel and Samsung cus those are the embodiment of Androids especially Pixel. Every other one are just there

Trust me I’ve seen it, they still don’t come close to that of IOS.. why you think developers take more time on designing iOS interface than android? .. cause it’s more technical and apple won’t just accept any app. They’re well vetted. That’s why you can never download a malware from App Store, compared to play store.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Flamees(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
dreamxhaser:

I see grin grin
Comrade easy
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Flamees(m): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ola17:

Opinion of few YouTubers that are probably paid by competitors or trying to get the attention of Apple doesn’t negate the fact held by majority of users that iPhones offer value for money spent. The huge market and high resale price of used iPhones should give you a clue.

The brand wouldn’t have been so successful with a substantial market share if their products aren’t valuable.
My andriod mates don come for you grin
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
Flamees:

My andriod mates don come for you grin

Let them sha know say na play we dey for here o grin

Happy Sunday bro.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
dreamxhaser:

Thanks for siding the truth cheesy

You know, many people who aren’t tech savvy usually fall for the monstrous specs Android phones makers advertise that hardly translate into real world performance. You will see something like;
17 trillion megapixels 50 rear camera, 99 gazillion core processor with 3 terabytes of RAM etc but an iPhone of modest advertised specs will blow those devices’ performance out of the water. Have you wondered why an iPhone X of 12 megapixel camera snaps a more decent shots than many Androids of 120 megapixel camera?
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Flamees(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ola17:

Let them sha know say na play we dey for here o grin

Happy Sunday bro.
Normally na play nothing much
Happy Sunday bro cool

1 Like

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by sunshineV(f): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
ArticleBeast:
Them go manage save buy Iphone 7 cum dey yarn nonsense about iphone being overhyped. Even as Iphone 7 don tey the camera still bam pass the latest Tecno.
na Tecno be the benchmark for Android in Nigeria grin
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by dreamxhaser: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ola17:

Thanks for siding the truth cheesy

You know, many people who aren’t tech savvy usually fall for the monstrous specs Android phones makers advertise that hardly translate into real world performance. You will see something like;
17 trillion megapixels 50 rear camera, 99 gazillion core processor with 3 terabytes of RAM etc but an iPhone of modest advertised specs will blow those devices’ performance out of the water. Have you wondered why an iPhone X of 12 megapixel camera snaps a more decent shots than many Androids of 120 megapixel camera?

Boss, that's the plain truth. Aside samsung and Pixel devices, the other Android phones are just shit. Pure waste of you hard earned money, not to talk of the likes of Techno and Infinix which I consider toys.

Even the Samsung sef, iPhone beat am for camera department, iPhone x beats my galaxy s9 in camera. Although, this is because iphone reduces the photo highlights while Samsung produces raw picture.

Also, iphone are more smooth and faster than any android phone because their IOS is optimised to work with their hardware, same as all IOS apps. That why snap chat, tik tok and IG filters look better on Iphones devices.

Anybody that wants buy android device should buy a Google pixel because they are the only device that are currently working on optimising their OS with their hardware like iPhone. Aside Pixel only Samsung comes is worthy, the rest are shit.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
MrOkenwa:
Android crews will tell you that iPhone is trash grin.
I can’t let go of my iPhones even when I upgrade. Iphone is more than just a phone, they’re good companions when you know what it means.

more than phone? Like what exactly do you do on them that I can't do on my android, tell me.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by ArticleBeast: 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
sunshineV:
na Tecno be the benchmark for Android in Nigeria grin
Na them popular pass na.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
Danielwiseoo:
my Motorola camera beta pass most high end iPhone camera.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
dreamxhaser:

Boss, that's the plain truth. Aside samsung and Pixel devices, the other Android phones are just shit. Pure waste of you hard earned money, not to talk of the likes of Techno and Infinix which I consider toys.

Even the Samsung sef, iPhone beat am for camera department, iPhone x beats my galaxy s9 in camera. Although, this is because iphone reduces the photo highlights while Samsung produces raw picture.

Also, iphone are more smooth and faster than any android phone because their IOS is optimised to work with their hardware, same as all IOS apps. That why snap chat, tik tok and IG filters look better on Iphones devices.

Anybody that wants buy android device should buy a Google pixel because they are the only device that are currently working on optimising their OS with their hardware like iPhone. Aside Pixel only Samsung comes is worthy, the rest are shit.
dude say what you know. How many android brands u don use? Go try out any Motorola or Sony high end phone and see wonders. Tecno and infinix no be the only android phones.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Auskyd(m): 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
dreamxhaser:

There are other phones that can compete well with iPhone other than pixel and Samsung. Abeg try dey a bit more open minded.

There's One Plus, OPPO, Huawei, Xiaomi. These have huge market shares in the smartphone world.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Kibbs(m): 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ola17:

I would give you 2 names, prolly the biggest names in that area of things who both use the iPhone as their daily driver and they've echoed the same sentiment. iPhone gives premium features and services but are usually overpriced.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by doubleE70: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Donvic4u:

Not my business about the age, u mentioned iPhone 5 didn't you, don't misleading people,

iPhone don't lag my foot, na una dey cause all these unnecessary hype over iPhone..
iPhone 5 ko,
iphone 6 dey lag ooo . no mind am OP truly iphone is overhyped
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Kibbs(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
OtunbaBlack:

Trust me I’ve seen it, they still don’t come close to that of IOS.. why you think developers take more time on designing iOS interface than android? .. cause it’s more technical and apple won’t just accept any app. They’re well vetted. That’s why you can never download a malware from App Store, compared to play store.

Nah, you can't tell me you've seen Android 12 on the Pixel and say it's behind. At the least, they are on par. Mind you, there's a difference between overall smoothness and animations, a phone can can seem very smooth and operable based on animation but actually isn't
Not the iPhone tho and definitely not the Pixel, they tick both boxes very well. Most androids might be ages behind the iOS (mostly cus of the open-source nature of the Android which means every shit phone maker can make one) but the very best Androids match the very best iPhones.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Ola17: 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2021
Kibbs:

I would give you 2 names, prolly the biggest names in that area of things who both use the iPhone as their daily driver and they've echoed the same sentiment. iPhone gives premium features and services but are usually overpriced.

So we should conclude from the opinion of just two people out of over 1 billion iPhone users? I for example have been using the same phone I bought over three years ago without issues. If I decide to sell, I can recover up to 50% of the money I spent to buy it.

If we are to talk about overpriced phones, that should be Samsung that sells overpriced piece of plastic to its customers and their phones don’t have secondhand value at all.
Re: Finally Got My First Iphone by Auskyd(m): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ola17:

So we should conclude from the opinion of just two people out of over 1 billion iPhone users? I for example have been using the same phone I bought over three years ago without issues. If I decide to sell, I can recover up to 50% of the money I spent to buy it.

If we are to talk about overpriced phones, that should be Samsung that sells overpriced piece of plastic to its customers and their phones don’t have secondhand value at all.

A billion iphones users where? Lmfao alaye calm down make you no go talk Okoto meow join for this your argument. You know what a billion is?

Not phone sales oh... 1 billion unique users of iPhone.

Calm down abeggg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: A Shop In USA Where Lagos Used Are Electronics Sold. / Woman In Shock As Her Xiaomi Phone Explodes / Pls How Can I Install 2go On My Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.