Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off (12611 Views)

Marseille Vs Lyon Game Called OFF After Shocking Case Of Team Coach Attacked / Belgium-sweden Called Off After Terrorist Kills 2 Swedish Fans In Brussels / Fury calls Joshua a coward for failing to meet 5pm deadline. Fight called off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by damilola4162(m): 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Aston Villa vs Burnley called off just before kick-off

The Premier League clash between Aston Villa and Burnley, could not go ahead as the match was called off just before kick of time on Saturday, Newspremises reports.

The match becomes the latest to be postponed due to sparked rise of Covid-19.

Villa vs Burnley was to kick off at 4pm (WAT), but now becomes the 10th top flight game to be moved this week, having been scheduled to kick off at 3pm (GMT).

Leeds United host Arsenal in Saturday’s only remaining Premier League fixture.

“Aston Villa can confirm that today’s Premier League fixture with Burnley has been postponed due to an increased amount of positive Covid-19 test results within our playing squad.

“The results of PCR tests, which were taken yesterday prior to training as well as Lateral Flow Tests, were received this morning and confirmed further depletion of our playing squad which was already impacted upon for our trip to Norwich in midweek.

“All individuals who tested positive are now isolating in line with Premier League and government guidance and protocols.

“The Club is extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to Burnley Football Club, both our own supporters and the Burnley fans due to attend the fixture but have acted as swiftly as possible this morning to minimise disruption,” a statement from Villa said.

Other premiere League fixtures that have reportedly been postponed include:

Southampton vs Brentford – Saturday, December 18, 3 pm

Watford v Crystal Palace – Saturday, December 18, 3 pm

West Ham United vs Norwich City – Saturday, December 18, 3 pm

Everton vs Leicester City – Sunday, December 19, 12 pm

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/aston-villa-vs-burnley-called-off-just-before-kick-off/

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Alphafeezay(m): 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
God is so merciful to us in Africa.
May God Almighty heal the world.

Amen.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Righteousness2(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
World leaders using a Plandemic to Confuse the world Inhabitants and usher them into the Hands of the Beast System.

With all the Plan A, Plan B, double jabs plus Booster , mask, Vaccine passport, 6ft apart, lockdowns and so on, the people are still infected and dying.

I Believe a Plan C is in the offing.
What will be the plan C? MOB.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Tokskob2008: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
World leaders using a Plandemic to Confuse the world Inhabitants and usher them into the Hands of the Beast System.

With all the Plan A, Plan B, double jabs plus Booster , mask, Vaccine passport, 6ft apart, lockdowns and so on, the people are still infected and dying.

I Believe a Plan C is in the offihng.
You tell us what plan C is na abi you never read am for Bible

17 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by uchaymart(m): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2021
It still baffles me how these players are infected with the virus angry

Do they associate themselves with people on the streets or live a "celebrity life" at all-time.

Well, I think it is safe to be a proud African at this point..

God please heal the rest of the world.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
Alphafeezay:
God is so merciful to us in Africa.
May God Almighty heal the world.

Amen.

Do you know how many people die of malaria in Africa? god is really merciful to us.

5 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Benblaq(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

Just negodu this man.. Everything you sabi, meanwhile nothing you really sabi.

11 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by ATEAMS: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
Oyyanaa
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by jeff1993: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
Too many matches cancelled in England

Please NL family ..... I need someone to mentor me in any digital money making skill ..... I am broke. And I don't want to be broke next year again

2 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Iliveforever(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
We truly don’t need this nonsense in 2022

Although these kind of news are inevitable in these end time. Only those who put their trust in God will survive

8 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Rastaramsey(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
They should just postpone all the upcoming fixtures until the new year....
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by bigdammyj: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
Noted
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by GidiCars: 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
COVID in nigeria na scam. I know more than 3 doctors that bought new cars and are living better than they used to.

I am never gonna take any vaccine. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by timothydare(m): 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by fxid10(m): 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
Na waoooo! What will happen to people's ticket now?
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Torosk1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
Nawa o
We Africans lucky o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Rastaramsey(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

The plan C is that you should take a nap......

Ordinary ball matter, you carry Bible enter am......

All the cases sef na audio...

5 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Olexy46: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Among the recommended measures against the spread of COVID-19 are the wearing of face mask, regular washing of the hands and frequently touched surfaces at home, avoidance of large gatherings, etc. But have we thought about shopping carts in the supermarkets? These are rarely washed or disinfected and FREQUENTLY TOUCHED by thousands of shoppers daily. Moreover, we all sanitize our hands at the ENTRANCE of the shopping centers and then walk in with our hands back on the handles of the carts. Then what is the relevance of sanitizing our hands at the entrance of the shopping centers?
COVID-19 IS REAL and killing people all over the world.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by sigiyaya112: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

Oga your stupidity is to much!!

5 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by money121(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by lexy2014: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Rastaramsey:
They should just postpone all the upcoming fixtures until the new year....

I thought they are all vaccinated? Why are they still scared of covid?

2 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Iseoluwani: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Africa give thanks
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by adamawaboy(m): 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
uchaymart:
It still baffles me how these players are infected with the virus angry

Do they associate themselves with people on the streets or live a "celebrity life" at all-time.

Well, I think it is safe to be a proud African at this point..

God please heal the rest of the world.

Cubana chief priest mood be like IMAGINE ME DEY LONDON FOR THIER MIND

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by whippersnapper(m): 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
We
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by lexy2014: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
Olexy46:
Among the recommended measures against the spread of COVID-19 are the wearing of face mask, regular washing of the hands and frequently touched surfaces at home, avoidance of large gatherings, etc. But have we thought about shopping carts in the supermarkets? These are rarely washed or disinfected and FREQUENTLY TOUCHED by thousands of shoppers daily. Moreover, we all sanitize our hands at the ENTRANCE of the shopping centers and then walk in with our hands back on the handles of the carts. Then what is the relevance of sanitizing our hands at the entrance of the shopping centers?
COVID-19 IS REAL and killing people all over the world.

What then is the essence of d vaccination? Why do d vaccinated still live in fear despite being vaccinated?

6 Likes

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Thebody: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Me too, has anyone reached out to you [author=jeff1993 post=108612437]Too many matches cancelled in England

Please NL family ..... I need someone to mentor me in any digital money making skill ..... I am broke. And I don't want to be broke next year again[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by TeeGentle(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
This is called
THE RETURN OF COVID
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by helinues: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
This season EPL could be extended
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by wilyparker(m): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
Torosk1:
Nawa o
We Africans lucky o
This Wabisaka I wonder how this he made it to the top
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by jeff1993: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
Thebody:
Me too, has anyone reached out to you [author=jeff1993 post=108612437]Too many matches cancelled in England

Please NL family ..... I need someone to mentor me in any digital money making skill ..... I am broke. And I don't want to be broke next year again
.... Yes .... Like two people talked about affiliate marketing .... And asked me to pay a certain amount of money that I don't have .... I am really broke this moment
Re: Aston Villa Vs Burnley Called Off Just Before Kick-off by Thebody: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2021
Can you connect me to them, I really want to learn. If its something that I can afford for the tutor I will. Thanks
jeff1993:
.... Yes .... Like two people talked about affiliate marketing .... And asked me to pay a certain amount of money that I don't have .... I am really broke this moment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Qatar 2022: Jose Gaya Ruled Out Of Spain, After Suffering An Injury In Training / Barcelona Reaches Agreement To Sign Chile Midfielder Arturo Vidal / Should VAR And Goal Line Technology Be Introduced Into The Nigerian League?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.