Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story (793 Views)

This Is Family / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) / Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by Denvacandy: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
I was born into the family of 8, 4 boys and 4 girls.

The other 4 was for different father and almost everyday i regret belonging into that kind of family, Tho i really love my mum for her care.

I really don't think family is worth dying for as 3 of my siblings are in europe london, and they have refused to uplift any of us here in nigeria, we act like strangers and its been ages we talk, they dont care about our well being and i assure you, they are really doing well, with the properties they have bought in nigeria, but not and single 5k they cant give you in 2 years.

nobody is even asking them for money, becoz we are all doing fine, but imagine they shut all doors against thier own and , they keep helping outsiders.

I believe this is like a curse or something

1 Like

Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by EdoFirstBorn(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2021
Please adjust the topic title to your family is really overated.. don't speak for the rest of us ..

Dolt

3 Likes

Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by isaiah4life(m): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
This is not a curse OP. That's humans for you.

1 Like

Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by PlanToSucceed: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Some families are like that.

1 Like

Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2021
Bro it
Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by heniford2: 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2021
Sorry it pains i understand d Op
Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
Denvacandy:

I really don't think family is worth dying for as 3 of my siblings are in europe london, and they have refused to uplift any of us here in nigeria, we act like strangers and its been ages we talk, they dont care about our well being and i assure you, they are really doing well, with the properties they have bought in nigeria, but not and single 5k they cant give you in 2 years.

nobody is even asking them for money, becoz we are all doing fine, but imagine they shut all doors against thier own and , they keep helping outsiders. I believe this is like a curse or something
So? undecided

Na mooch you be or wetin? undecided
What is wrong with your hands and legs? Are you not able to do just as well, and maybe send them 5k instead? undecided
If you are all doing fine, then why whine about them? undecided
What is keeping you from helping outsiders too? undecided
Abi na to steal from the sweat of others you come this world do? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by MufasaLion: 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
No, don't ever get it twisted. Family is like everything.
I can't count how many times my family came through for me at the lowest ebbs of my life. When people i called friends treated me like shit. angry
That is why i don't joke with my family. I can crush anyone that mess with them. angry

1 Like

Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by Dbrawllm0098(f): 4:16am On Dec 19, 2021
NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING,LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OFF IT
Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by oldienavie: 5:24am On Dec 19, 2021
@OP I can relate with your experience, the fault lies with your parents.
When parents fail in their responsibility to provide the right environment for the children to grow in love it causes these kinds of things.
Your siblings abroad, I am sure they did not have anyone to help them on their way up and probably went through hell and are self made so it's really difficult for them to give back to a family that failed them when they needed help...

I hope you get my point, this is a symptom of failed parenting.

If I got you well, your mother gave birth to 8 children 4 each for 2 different fathers .... I can imagine how poorly she must have raised you guys in terms of showing and teaching you love.

1 Like

Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by sageb: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2021
A sad trend
Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by faithfull18(f): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
Some families are like that esp. extended or polygamous families
Re: Is Family Really Overrated ? True Life Story by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:35pm On Dec 19, 2021
It's hard to say the things responsible for this kind of behavior from relatives. I would not expect my siblings to ghost me for unjustified reasons especially with all we have being through together. That would be reckless and irresponsible of them all or whoever chooses to do that.

I wouldn't want to judge too because we do not know in full detail what is obtained in your family. These things don't just happen. I believe it's a build up of or from something, regardless of what that is.

Be thankful you all are doing well and not dependent on them. If it however matters to you, discuss with them and see if there would be changes. I would have assumed siblings from the same mother love each other more but it is what it is
Denvacandy:
I was born into the family of 8, 4 boys and 4 girls.

The other 4 was for different father and almost everyday i regret belonging into that kind of family, Tho i really love my mum for her care.

nobody is even asking them for money, becoz we are all doing fine, but imagine they shut all doors against thier own and , they keep helping outsiders.

I believe this is like a curse or something

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Disables New Accounts / 3.5kva Elepaq For Quick Sale.. / What Do You Have To Say Concerning This Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.