Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,897 members, 7,810,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings (20470 Views)

Remi Babalola Resigns From FBN Holdings As Chairman / FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by akanbiaa(m): 8:05am On Dec 19, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by olisaEze(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2021
Now this is not something u see every day in Nigeria. No one ever resigns because of "rot" or "corruption" in any system in this country, when the greater part of our workforce in this nation are all living above their pay grades.

Nothing is hidden under dis our hot sun for long sha, 2secs the real truth go soon burst! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by yusluvad(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2021
dfrost:

I'm not sure CBN will allow this slide. They are tough on banks these days.

The rot is the banking system, if you have ever assessed them, will shock you to the marrow.
Hmmm...
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by amstamon: 8:38am On Dec 19, 2021
allahIsAnIDOL:
Mods banned me but I have plenty akkants. Yeye mods, to open a NL acc is the easiest thing to do.
Because the traffic generated is more important to the owner than the credibility and prestige of the platform

1 Like

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by Caboceer: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2021
If Ote takes over FBN, that bank is finished. Otudeko's regime would.be child's play, Ote will totally plunder the bank.

Check out all his previous companies, no brand has ever survived his exit, they must liquidate.

3 Likes

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by Dreytonisback(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2021
I don too they hear news of supremacy of this First Bank
I use God beg una make my money no get K-leg oh
Na me be only son abeg

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by Champneys: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2021
Good man Remi Babalola, a principled individual.
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by AfonjaConehead: 9:23am On Dec 19, 2021
Afonjafulani coiltals!!!!! grin
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by juman(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2021
Even First Bank is rotten.
The former most reliable bank in nigeria.

We need independent EFCC.
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by kunleham(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
I think he forgot to include the bizarre controversial appointment of Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo as replacement for Mr Eke. U.Eke among his 'achievements'.

Under Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo as M.D in Fidelity Bank Plc, both serious financial crimes of Mrs Diezani Masueke and Mr Maina took place and Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo is a regular EFCC suspect. Recently this week,Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo has been rearrested for the discovery of a fresh $75m loot linked to Diezani and the Judgement by the Judge that convicted Maina stating that the banks that helped Maina ship the stolen pension funds overseas must be prosecuted by EFCC still hangs like a sword of Damocles over Nnamdi' s head because EFCC has promised to execute that judgement. Yet Mr Babalola claimed to have stopped FBN brand value erosion?

Is it not that same Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo that was appointed under Mr Remi Babalola to head a system with rot and corruption?

The board and management of FBN is not serious at all and the shareholders must call for the sack of the board by CBN.

In my opinion, both the board and management are hands in glove in the rot Mr Babalola is referring to.

Everything is just messed up at FBN and I truly hope Mr Otedola fix it all. It is a rot, today, it is FBN being alleged of not paying compensation to families of ex workers who died in service, yesterday it's a visit to EFCC to help them trace a stolen $2 billion,tomorrow it's allegation on saharareporters and nairaland that they didn't pay a small indigenous company that designed their 125th anniversary logo for them and just days to Christmas they appointed a man at the centre of serious financial crimes against the nation as MD shocked
I completely agree with Mr Babalola that it stinks at FBN and CBN and the shareholders must do something quick.

As we type here, Mr Otedola is yet to take over the board but there's already an attempt to frustrate his investment with the appointment of Mr Okonkwo. That this controversial appointment took place under Mr Remi Babalola's time as Chairman leaves me no choice than to blame him too.
CBN appointed Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo just they appointed Mr. Remi Babalola. Okonkwo was not appointed by Babalola,
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by dabeto: 10:33am On Dec 19, 2021
visijo:
OK nice reason.

If your girlfriend is darker than you then it’s her duty to go lock the gate at night.�

grin grin Craze man

1 Like

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by FreeStuffsNG: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2021
kunleham:

CBN appointed Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo just they appointed Mr. Remi Babalola. Okonkwo was not appointed by Babalola,
No sir. The same Remi Babalola-led Board appointed Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo and now he's leaving the new chairman to make the call on the controversial appointment given to Mr Okonkwo.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/492208-fbn-holdings-appoints-new-gmd-announces-key-appointment-decisions-across-subsidiaries.html

Now, please can you now see why even Mr Remi Babalola is part of the same rot he is citing as his reason for resigning.

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by Chucks234: 10:57am On Dec 19, 2021
seunolu7:
Yorubas truly control the banking industry in this country

Please explain how? Don't say what you have no clue about.
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by seunolu7: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2021
Chucks234:

Please explain how? Don't say what you have no clue about.

Please shit it. Most banks have head quarters in the SW. Most bankers in Nigeria in top positions are yoruba. From GT to first bank and many others even up to fintech companies, yorubas clearly dominate.

1 Like

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by LegalWolf: 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2021
WesleyPepper:

See kpummuri in action.
Move to cbn kee you there. These osu lout sef grin grin

Looool, are you not a child of a slave? How dare you call someone osu?
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by sucess001(m): 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

No sir. The same Remi Babalola-led Board appointed Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo and now he's leaving the new chairman to make the call on the controversial appointment given to Mr Okonkwo.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/492208-fbn-holdings-appoints-new-gmd-announces-key-appointment-decisions-across-subsidiaries.html

Now, please can you now see why even Mr Remi Babalola is part of the same rot he is citing as his reason for resigning.

The Okonkwo appointment was made directly or indirectly by the CBN. Don't forget this is a CBN board.

I also heard they chose him cos of his tribe. They initially wanted a northern MD but couldn't get a good candidate so they settled for an easterner. The Chairman of the holdco, the bank and the mD of the bank were yorubas so they were hell-bent on ensuring the GMD of holdco wasn't Yoruba.

But it's a major embarrassment that their appointee is smeared with so much corruption charges.

They laid off the former ED, Public sector, Mr Dauda Lawal for being connected to Dieziani scandal and then turn around to choose Okonkwo who was more involved as the GMD.

Shocking move

2 Likes

Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by idpompe: 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
Does CBN not verify or approve nomination in of MD from the board?
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by Agricmoney(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2021
once there is a probe, you have to step down not to dent the name of the company for your own good

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by McTobe(m): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Are Negroes cursed or are we the cause. Everything he touches turns to dust
Re: Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings by Shaolin77: 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
seunolu7:
Yorubas truly control the banking industry in this country
Igbos leads and control Nigeria banking sector, host and head more financial institution than any other tribes in Nigeria

Get ur fact right, conduct research before coming to disgrace ur ppl here

(1) (2) (Reply)

These 7 Freelancing Skills Can Make You A Millionaire On Fiverr / 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt / Dangote Refinery To Cut Ghana’s Fuel Imports And Reduce Pump Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.