Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined (20078 Views)

Ahmed Yerima Gives Update On The 14-Year-Old Girl He Married In 2010 / Reno: Buhari, Osinbajo Still On Twitter Yet NBC Orders Stations To Deactivate / THE VP LIED: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ivandragon: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
VULCAN:
Widen the tax bracket of the country with the largest number of poor people on earth......

How mentally lazy does one have to be to present this as a solution?

Transfering the responsibility of development away from the leadership to the poor masses.

Rubbish

Some of you are just frustrated, ill-mannered keyboard touts.

If you have a different opinion, must you express it in such Childish & caustic manner?

The government has been borrowing & increasing taxes, so they should continue that in the short time?

Proffer a different opinion, no. You rather showcase your rotten character.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
ifiokjohn:
You have really found a way to defend Buhari.

Well you said because of crash in oil prices..abeg why after Buhari left in 85, why did things improve immediately unlike when he was there and people were standing on line for basic stuffs like sugar etc?

As soon as Buhari was pushed off power things improved for Nigerians.

Thank God you said the Advent of telephone in Nigeria brought a new means of forex , but you forget that is just one means of forex.. but now doing Buhari time we have social media and others means of getting forex at present than doing obj 1999-2007

Doing obj how many means apart from oil we could use to get forex?
Now doing Buhari at present...how many means about from oil we could get forex and then compare

Good afternoon..it's no use arguing with you

I agree with you that Buhari is a bad leader, where we disagree is why he is a bad leader and why Nigerian economy has always been bad. And what needs to be done to change that.

But since I don't agree with you word for word I must be a Buhari supporter.

I don't argue with people who use the No true Scotsman Fallacy
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Crystalom3(m): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Horlufemi:
Reno is a Foolish hypocrite Pastor.

Reno said he will never speak on politics again, he's still showing in politics. The man he's fighting for is good friends with Buhari. The man he's fighting for is working for APC, the man he's fighting for is working with PDP, the man he's fighting for is at peace with Buhari and the man he's fighting for did nothing for igboland (prove me wrong)

He calls Buhari a tyrant but everyone who has a contrary opinion cannot share theirs but gets blocked. I've never seen such hypocrite in my life.

Can he compensate for inflation and cube back and meet me?

He's saying Buhari borrowed. The ones that didn't borrow, where are the projects. Please list all the projects that were completed and I'll show you 5x more abandoned projects even the ones that never started especially that 16bn.

When it comes to the masses direct improvement of life Buhari failed woefully. Insecurity, economy, inflation but truth be told he has done now infrastructure than past presidents combined.

Reno is just a manipulative hater and not a Christian the Holy Spirit has left him a long time ago.

I will tell it to his face and he cannot block me in real life he can only kill me to shut me up from telling him the truth.

Nonsense human being.
neutralize the content of the message. Not the messenger.

Is what he's saying the truth or not?
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by stepaside2: 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Reference:

Have you asked yourself how other nations get their citizens to willingly 'pay for things', public services including taxes and levies. Do they put a gun to their heads?

Have you not seen goverments in the west rise and fall on just the back of tax rates. No one in the world wants to pay taxes. And no one in this world I know will be willing to pay for anything he can get free.

So once again how do governments in othe climes get their citizens to pay 'through their noses for stuff'

Think about it. For therein lies our failings as government and as a people.
Yes, a gun is put to their heads. Try evading tax over there and see how far you go. Things are not as simple as many people think. Bad as the Niger Republic train track building project is, it is not a fatal flaw. The decision is based more on sentiments than anything else. However we still see things from an ethnic prism than anything else. People in the NE-SE-SS corridor complain about narrow train tracks ongoing, those in the South complain that the coastal line is not prioritised, those in the far North West don't even have any rail of any kind to talk of. The Anambra person boasts that his/her GDP is higher than Niger Republic's GDP but ask about commensurate IGR, no way.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Timmi: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
tctrills:

I don't get it. Was he suppose to provide the funds for the next government?
Or is buhari borrowing all these billions to fund the next government?

Yes Mr tctrills you don’t get it. Just think if Jonathan has spend the loans he got on infrastructure such as the rail project, working on the second niger bridge, etc. The current administration will not have to get another loan to work on same infrastructure which Jonathan claimed he borrowed the money to do.
Hopefully you understand it now.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
benuejosh:
If only Jonathan's government did what was right with our money instead of buying bra up and down.

Notably, Reno, Fayose, Nnamdi Kanu, Fani Kayode and Ortom are brids of a feather. They talk before thinking. No body takes them serious.
Ewu Gambia. Slways yarning nonsense
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
descarado:
Reno go siddon.
Always mentioning igboland. What happened to using your state as reference?

We will not fall for this anymore.

We don't want your pity anymore.
Come to think of it,what did Jonathan, your oga govt did for Anambra and igboland in general?
The man is on point. Buhari has achieved very less compared to the money he has borrowed but you chose to go against the messenger instead of looking inward
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Hkff: 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
His son and daughter will pay for it
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by LLMG: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
you don't have to be so hurtful defending a very obvious failed govt, if what reno said is incorrect all you need do is debunk them with facts. It does not matter whether 90per of the rail construction is in Nigeria, the question is what is the motive behind this, of what economic value is the project to Nigeria at the moment. This administrations bigotry, nepotism and double standard in the face of deadly insecurity can not be forgotten in a hurry
vedaxcool:
Why didn't the same idiots who criticize this complain that PMB is building railway that connects to the sea? The same railway this folks take about have over 90% of its construction in Nigeria but it is the less than 10% that is the focus of this failure par excellence.

A man who stole the identity of a child in the service of thieving administration. That is the sort of man nairaland has given front-page rights.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by tctrills: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
Timmi:

Yes Mr tctrills you don’t get it. Just think if Jonathan has spend the loans he got on infrastructure such as the rail project, working on the second niger bridge, etc. The current administration will not have to get another loan to work on same infrastructure which Jonathan claimed he borrowed the money to do.
Hopefully you understand it now.
I actually get it. The current administration has borrowed more than any other president yet we have nothing to show for it. How can we defend a man doing a terrible job. Over 21 billion dollars has been borrowed by this administration. Yet life is only getting worst.
If we truly want change, we can't continue to blame Jonathan. True he failed us but it's time to judge buhari a bigger failure and our current problem. Unless you think he is doing a great job.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ibietela2(m): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
Most of them were coupist and killers
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ibietela2(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
benuejosh:
If only Jonathan's government did what was right with our money instead of buying bra up and down.

Notably, Reno, Fayose, Nnamdi Kanu, Fani Kayode and Ortom are brids of a feather. They talk before thinking. No body takes them serious.

If only mass murderer Gowon had returned the country to how it was instead of implementing NYSC

You are mad, if only that white beard coupist has set the country up to prep 1966.

If only hypocrite OBJ has done the right thing and rejected the fraudulent constitution.

It's only the Ijaw man you fuckers are seeing.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ibietela2(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
itsme01:
cool

The electoral act that he failed to sign is even what is getting me upset, loans can be repayed, but electoral reform would make Nigerian politics standard and remove money factor

Money factor is still there
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ifiokjohn(m): 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

I agree with you that Buhari is a bad leader, where we disagree is why he is a bad leader and why Nigerian economy has always been bad. And what needs to be done to change that.

I understand you bro. I just want you to agree with me that Buhari is also an architect of most if not all of his troubles presently.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ifiokjohn(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
backbencher:

I understand you bro. I just want you to agree with me that Buhari is also an architect of most if not all of his troubles presently... Just under stand me abeg
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Timmi: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2021
tctrills:

I actually get it. The current administration has borrowed more than any other president yet we have nothing to show for it. How can we defend a man doing a terrible job. Over 21 billion dollars has been borrowed by this administration. Yet life is only getting worst.
If we truly want change, we can't continue to blame Jonathan. True he failed us but it's time to judge buhari a bigger failure and our current problem. Unless you think he is doing a great job.

"In a new document titled ‘status of Chinese loans as at September 30, 2021’, the DMO disclosed that 15 projects were funded by the loans acquired from China. These projects range from the water supply, power generation, railways, airport terminals, communication to agricultural processing."

Above is the reason why I cannot blame Buhari for the so called excessive loan. The loan are spent on projects that will outlast him - generational impactful projects, and not that the money is going to someone's pocket.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by tctrills: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2021
Timmi:

"In a new document titled ‘status of Chinese loans as at September 30, 2021’, the DMO disclosed that 15 projects were funded by the loans acquired from China. These projects range from the water supply, power generation, railways, airport terminals, communication to agricultural processing."

Above is the reason why I cannot blame Buhari for the so called excessive loan. The loan are spent on projects that will outlast him - generational impactful projects, and not that the money is going to someone's pocket.

I disagree... these loans have little impact but the cost of paying back would have generational impacts. They are not impactful projects. They have not reduced poverty. Increased power generation, and you claim the money is not going to someone's pocket. I am sure even you don't believe that. The lasthe time I checked Nigeria remains one of the most corrupt countries
More corrupt under Buhari according to transperancy international.
Take rice production for example, we have spent billions to become self sufficient but the price of rice keeps going out of hand. Every kobo spent on that sector was a waste. Today, we have the most expensive rice in west Africa. 6 years after the rice revolution.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Timmi: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
tctrills:

I disagree... these loans have little impact but the cost of paying back would have generational impacts. They are not impactful projects. They have not reduced poverty. Increased power generation, and you claim the money is not going to someone's pocket. I am sure even you don't believe that. The lasthe time I checked Nigeria remains one of the most corrupt countries
More corrupt under Buhari according to transperancy international.
Take rice production for example, we have spent billions to become self sufficient but the price of rice keeps going out of hand. Every kobo spent on that sector was a waste. Today, we have the most expensive rice in west Africa. 6 years after the rice revolution.

I understand your sentiments but truth be told, Power generation has improved by at least 25%, the rail project provides a reliable and secure way of transportation not just for people but for goods and agriculture. For rice production and just like anything in Nigeria, the government intervention resulted in increased rice production but since we are our own worst enemy, the government cannot regulate market prices. The government created an environment where rice production increased, short down the borders so as to patronize our own people but the producers are pricing it out of getting it.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by tctrills: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2021
Timmi:

I understand your sentiments but truth be told, Power generation has improved by at least 25%, the rail project provides a reliable and secure way of transportation not just for people but for goods and agriculture. For rice production and just like anything in Nigeria, the government intervention resulted in increased rice production but since we are our own worst enemy, the government cannot regulate market prices. The government created an environment where rice production increased, short down the borders so as to patronize our own people but the producers are pricing it out of getting it.
I don't know where you get your stats from but power has not improved. How can power improve when you never built new power plants. Anyway I would love to see your stats on power. We continue to produce less than 4500 megawatts yearly. I happen to know much about our power because I have worked with a power company.

On the rail, you spend $5 billon on a rail system that carries only 15,000 people a day and you need N60 billion a year to maintain. This is any classic waste of money. Main while it generates N1.5 billion yearly. We have been duped by China and our government. Imagine if we had spent that same amount on roads, or power but trust our government to make the worst decision.

To rice production, the aim was to stop importation, our production is still grossly insufficient and very expensive. Even the price of local rice has goNE up over 3x in 6 years.
It's funny you blame Nigerians for the rice problem when the price began to rise only after government came into the sector. When government had no business with rice the price was low. It's not fair blaming Nigerians.

Rice farmers are not any richer. Little of the billions went to them. The CBN's anchor borowers program fail due to corruption and no one is investigating it.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Ovamboland(m): 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
ivolt:

Do you know the meaning of breakeven?

We lose nothing actually!

For future sake. Know that losses are only incurred when production cost is more than sales price.
It cost Nigeria 21 to 30 dollars to produce 1 barrel. Let's go with the higher price.
For how many years under Buhari has oil sold below $30 to warrant your loss narrative?

Buhari is borrowing with recklessness because he can. Nothing more.
He doesn't understand the concept of prudence in government.
For comparison, there is no administration in Nigeria's history that can fund Buhari's
extravagant budget regardless of oil price.

Unfortunately, most of his projects can't fund their own maintenance let alone repay
the loans used in funding them.

The biggest recurrent cost of the FG is personnel cost, how many civil servants should have been sacked to reduce cost of governance and what is the impact going to be on unemployment, poverty and social cohesion?
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Ovamboland(m): 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
freeborn02:

Has Buhari borrowed more than other presidents combined? Yes or no?

Is Anambra GDP more than that of Niger Republic? Yes or no?

Does it make economic sense for Buhari to build railway into Niger Republic, while ignoring a Nigerian state?

Your reason is empty

Why didn't Jonathan build railway to Anambra and was also busy planning the same railway to Niger republic?
Did Anambra not have big GDP under Jonathan?

Why is Anambra not also building it's own railway the Lagos is building it's own?

The $63bn debt handed over in 2015, who collectd it? and who is paying it back? DEbt has grown to $92bn inlcuding debts by all 36 states, that is addition of about $29bn which is quite small considering investments in Infrastructure, shortfall in oil earninsg and Covid-19 dislocations that has added up to $2 trillion to the debt of USA, $650bn to UK debt and such huge debts to almost all countries of the world

Can $29BN be higher that $63bn you answer for yourself
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Ovamboland(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2021
ivandragon:
Pmb is quite simply a bad administrator & has surrounded himself with lieutenants who are nothing more than praise singers...

While borrowing cannot be discounted, a key thing that needed to be done to increase revenue in the short term was to widen the tax bracket.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/firs-boss-only-41-million-people-pay-tax-in-nigeria-2/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjZyrXIn-_0AhUQxoUKHSOrCgwQFXoECAIQBA&usg=AOvVaw0n7m20osqdozKZs95-2xOJ

If it was that easy why didn't Nigeria diversify in the last 50 years we've been suffering from oil price induced boom and bust cycles?

The gradual investment in infrastructure is the surest path to diversification
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Ovamboland(m): 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Buhari is leaving power now and oil price is rising and will rise as much as 90 dollars soon.. but on an average we know Obasenjos time his was 20-30 dollars per barrel compared to Buhari own that average about 50 dollars per barrel. Is that simple.

Buhari build 2 rail way( note abuja-kaduna was Jonathan's) we no go rest. Abeg jhor.

Maybe after Buhari goes, we will need another Obasenjo to come and beg for debt relief.

See bro one of the reasons we are suffering higher inflation is because of the close of border.. that shit haven't helped us in anyway...

By the way do Rwanda sale industrial goods that they're doing quite well than us? No.
Though I know you will call Population as the reason but you forget India has times 5 of our population and they're doing quite well. The year Buhari came to power, between 2015-2019 India pulled more than 300 million people from poverty. That's leadership there.

The Indian govt didn't go blaming past administrations or oil prices or dancing prices( lol I'm joking about the dance) for the amount of poor people in their country or the state of things in their country.

Compare Nigeria to India 2015-2022 and you will see your President and his party are utter failures... Infact, let's even leave India and go to Rwanda, or common Ghana here.

And you think the policy and implementations that enabled India pull such huge number out of poverty as all done within one year?

Think again
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ivandragon: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ovamboland:

If it was that easy why didn't Nigeria diversify in the last 50 years we've been suffering from oil price induced boom and bust cycles?

The gradual investment in infrastructure is the surest path to diversification

Apart from the corruption contraption called social welfare payments, the few infrastructural works done by this administration is based on the foundation/groundwork/plans of previous ones.

It is the same way this administration would leave & another take over.

Building infrastructure without human development does not guarantee diversification of the economy.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Bizibi(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
LLMG:
you don't have to be so hurtful defending a very obvious failed govt, if what reno said is incorrect all you need do is debunk them with facts. It does not matter whether 90per of the rail construction is in Nigeria, the question is what is the motive behind this, of what economic value is the project to Nigeria at the moment. This administrations bigotry, nepotism and double standard in the face of deadly insecurity can not be forgotten in a hurry
forget that hardcore buhari supporter....
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ifiokjohn(m): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ovamboland:

And you think the policy and implementations that enabled India pull such huge number out of poverty as all done within one year?

Think again
2015-2019.. that is the year ..4 years the Indian President used to pull 100 million off poverty and that was the same year Buhari came in and the same 5 year he spent as his first tenure. How come he couldn't even pull a patry 5 million Nigeria off poverty but instead sent 100 million into poverty?
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ifiokjohn(m): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ovamboland:

Think again
2015-2019.. that is the year ..4 years the Indian President used to pull 100 million off poverty and that was the same year Buhari came in and the same 5 year he spent as his first tenure. How come he couldn't even pull a patry 5 million Nigeria off poverty but instead sent 100 million into poverty?

India President proves to buhari to stop talking and do his work. He didn't go blaming the previous administration for the amount of poor people in India .. he work to pull them off poverty.

Stop defending incompetence abeg
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Bizibi(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:

India President proves to buhari to stop talking and do his work. He didn't go blaming the previous administration for the amount of poor people in India .. he work to pull them off poverty.

that guy and the other one vexda wetin sef.....they are known for supporting incompetence. They glorify it on this forum.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by ifiokjohn(m): 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bizibi:
that guy and the other one vexda wetin sef.....they are known for supporting incompetence. They glorify it on this forum.
no mind them.
India was shithole with over 800 million of their population in poverty but the president came in, didn't blame anyone.. he rather use 4 years to raise 100 million off poverty. Something Buhari clearly couldn't

2 Likes

Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by AfonjaConehead: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ovamboland:

Think again
you want to force him to start thinking with his rectum like you? grin

Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Reflect7: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
Omicronvaccine:
"Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him COMBINED!" - Reno Omokri

''And what is he using the money for? To build a $2 billion railway in Niger Republic.''

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXpEgiHjkI-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lying criminal and looter. The railway line is not being ''built in Niger Republic'', you conman. It runs through Nigeria and ends in Maradi, by the Niger BORDER.

CRIMINAL LOOTER AND LIAR. You know your deceitful words will hoodwink gullible Nigerians who know no better.

Buhari is borrowing because you, Jonathan, Diezani, and co stole the nation blind, being criminal looters.

And he is building multiple beneficial projects with the money, unlike you PDP criminals only interested in stealing.
Re: Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined by Reflect7: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:

Dumbo, Nigeria entered a recession in 2015 after oil prices crashed. Jonathan did nothing but loot the treasury, so there was nothing to fall back on. How the hell was Buhari supposed to banish poverty under such circumstances? Nigeria is an oil-dependent economy, unlike India. Don't use your brain. Be typing ignorant rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos of Multiple Bomb Blast in Muna Garage, Maiduguri, Borno state / 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed / Youths Protest In Ibadan, Demand The Release Of Sunday Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.