Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Nairalanders...what Challenges Did You Face Learning Spanish/french - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalanders...what Challenges Did You Face Learning Spanish/french (342 Views)

Spanish Coastguard Rescues Three Nigerians Under Ship From Lagos (pic) / Onyeka Michael Chukwuemeka Dies In A Spanish Hospital. Do You Know His Family? / ₦90m Flyboard Strapped To Feet Wows The French President. Outruns Lambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders...what Challenges Did You Face Learning Spanish/french by Dopaminergic(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2021
Hello Nairalanders...

What challenges am I likely to face learning Spanish and French.

I want to go in prepared.

I look to start very soon.

And what are the best resources out there
Re: Nairalanders...what Challenges Did You Face Learning Spanish/french by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
Go to English speaking countries you won't listen , if you're in the midst of French and Spanish speakers and they want to kill you how on earth will you know. .?
Re: Nairalanders...what Challenges Did You Face Learning Spanish/french by Hintona(f): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
It's easy, I love learning Spanish more than French though. I just prefer it. I don't know why cheesy

I use two apps: Duolingo and Speekoo from the playstore and also a book I downloaded.

The only problem I have is consistency sha!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders...what Challenges Did You Face Learning Spanish/french by Cousin9999: 4:38am On Dec 20, 2021
Spanish is generally easier, but French has less to learn.

Many people learning French are trying to boost their immigration points for Canada. French just doesn't have the same value as Spanish. However, French does give you greater access to various African markets. It could be valuable as a businessman.

Spanish seems to have so much value because despite all the speakers, the average speaker doesn't value education.

If you're studying Spanish, Spain has lots of great films and tv shows to watch. They would be worth watching even if you weren't studying the language. Latin and South America have no good media. And you should study European Spanish if you want to be marketable.

Good resources for both languages are Schaum's outlines.

This channel has good French material.
https://youtube.com/c/imagiers

If you're looking for a good Spanish movie to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s81KeWlio-I

You're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders...what Challenges Did You Face Learning Spanish/french by optimusprime2(m): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2021
Although I speak French, I must say that French is definitely the harder option when compared to Spanish.

The Logic of speaking French itself, is just something else... This is still my position on the language after 26years of using it. Even though my French accent is proper, due to my logic of using it, one can still tell I am a native English speaker and that's the thing with French! You can easily tell a speakers main language, (especially if he is an Anglophone), if you just listen to the speakers applied logic.

It's not that much the case with Spanish.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mararaba - Lagos / UK Family Visa Application / Relocating To Namibia...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.