Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun (12967 Views)

Police Arrest Couple For Allegdly Assaulting Their 8-Year-Old Maid In Edo / Police Arrest Couple Trying To Sell Two-Year-Old Son To Fund Canada Trip / Police Uncover Baby Factory, Arrest Couple In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Beejayy20(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
Bastardlyrich:
Is true.a full grown man head is 2k now in ogun state by afonjas. They even tried. I was thinking,they will sell the baby for 6k.
you should be in shame omo Igbo claiming ijaw your poverty sticken people selling 1month old pikin you are saying irrelevant thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by sylve11: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Young MAN, go and shave your balls and hairy chest! You're NOT fooling anyone with the (f) in your moniker.

Na guy boy? shocked cool
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2021
This can't be couple
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
ERockson:
I knew it was going to be them.

I knew it too that the sophisticated will be the buyer, so as to mine the skull.

Bloody ritualist dem.
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by usmanbaba(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
ChiefSosa:
I'm surprised a woman that carried a baby in her womb for 9 months will willingly agree with her useless husband to sell her child for #50,000 or even any amount. #50k that's not even up to $100. And, a more useless woman will agree to buy another person's child. Why do people even buy kids these days? If you need a child or you have a child to give up for adoption, then you can simply go to the appropriate and government licensed adoption agencies. How hard is that? Only people with evil intentions will cut corners to buy kids.

Lies! They know the buyer. No woman, especially an African woman, will hand over her child like that, even if she hates the child or she's poor to the core.
Lolz...lies? Nyanmuri no send, in as much as money is involve.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Grandmeister(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
LegendHero:

No, the market itself is the Ibos. They usually buy and sell those kids to themselves whether in Yoruba land or Igbo land.

Baby factory booms more in Iboland and the only cases we have seen around Osun, Lagos, and Ogun are usually Ibos selling babies to fellow Ibos.

Our government should not pay lip service to it because when these guys start pulling the Yorubas into it in their magnitude then it will turn to like the case of kidnapping and etc. which other tribe started and now a nationwide problem.
Legendaryhero your post antecedents is well documented on nairaland. But I will indulge you, who are they buying the babies from? Or are you saying igbos in ogun are selling their own babies?
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Pataricatering(f): 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
Pochettino:
We women are heartless creatures.
Just imagine selling your own seed you carried for 9 months.
apparently you cant seem to sight the father of the child Willful blindness I assume

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by oviexcels(m): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
No so e happen for sameria that year ooooo, if you sell pikin take buy beans chop no be the pikin you chop so
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by amAZEing: 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Young MAN, go and shave your balls and hairy chest! You're NOT fooling anyone with the (f) in your moniker.

you are very observant. That should be manna other akant.
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by foreshore(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Insidenaija:

source: https://newspremises.com.ng/police-arrest-couple-for-selling-their-baby-for-n50000-in-ogun/

Igbo's can do anything including selling their children because of this money

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by SolarEdge: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
Is it your pikin?
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by DCatt: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
Igbo couple is arrested for selling their baby and you are here calling Afonja, why are your people like this? Did Afonja ask them to sell their baby or what is your point exactly?

I swear I knew it would be Igbos before I clicked on it because it's typical of them, you will never see a Yoruba selling their babies, at least not for that dirt cheap.
hysteresis:
So, Areola, are you trying to tell me that the Afonjas are well known for child trafficking and selling off their babies?
grin grin grin
Interesting!!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by hysteresis: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2021
DCatt:
Igbo couple are arrested for selling their baby and you are still calling Afonja, why are your people like this? Did Afonja ask them to sell their baby or what is your point exactly?

I swear I knew it would be Igbos before I clicked on it because it's typical of them, you will never see a Yoruba selling their babies, at least not for that dirt cheap.
They were influenced by their environment......
Which, as you know is an afonja own..
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by DCatt: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
They can't possibly be influenced by what does not exist. It's Igbos culture and yours alone to trade in babies as commodities and bring it with you wherever you go, that's why you introduced baby factory among other social ills to Nigeria. Your cannibal history is a pointer to how human beings are nothing in your culture.
hysteresis:

They were influenced by their environment......
Which, as you know is an afonja own..

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by DCatt: 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
Stop projecting Igbos skull culture to others.

You have a tradition of dancing with dozens of skulls and wear skulls in your clothes aside cannibalism, so how are you not the skull people?

You have more relationship with skull than anyone in the world, infact you should be called a skull tribe.
inspirator1:

I knew it too that the sophisticated will be the buyer, so as to mine the skull.

Bloody ritualist dem.
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by dododawa1: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
Remman:
Why not arrest Buhari who has made Nigerians poor?

Concerning the matter of selling babies, if sold to another couple, there's nothing wrong there. However, if the baby was sold to trafickers or ritualists, that's when it's a crime. If the people could provide for themselves and the baby, they wouldn't have sold it at that price. The cost of caring for a baby right now is incredibly high as anything baby is super expensive. So, selling it to someone who can do a better job is fine by me. The baby deserve to live. 50k is a very big money for those couple. This is to tell you their level of poverty. They need help.
your opinion
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by ppogba: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
Comments on this thread are few and far between. Why? Perhaps because majority of those who checked the thread are disappointed with the names being mentioned.

Tommorow is just around the corner.

The second name for Nigerians is hypocrisy.
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Successmind(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Fear poverty, fear woman.... But wait where's the mother's love?
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Ffhh: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Hmm
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by hysteresis: 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
DCatt:
They can't possibly be influenced by what does not exist. It's Igbos culture and yours alone to trade in babies as commodities and bring it with you you wherever you go, that's why you introduced baby factory among other social ills to Nigeria. Your cannibal history is a pointer to how human beings are nothing in your culture.
where did the sale take place, was it not in....
Afonja town?
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by DCatt: 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2021
So our offense now is allowing you to run wild on our land? We can't stop you from plying your trade. Unfortunately, until we either return to regional govt or Nigeria breaks, then you will take every evil you have spread all over Nigeria back to your region.
hysteresis:
where did the sale take place, was it not in....
Afonja town?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by TenQ: 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
ChiefSosa:
I'm surprised a woman that carried a baby in her womb for 9 months will willingly agree with her useless husband to sell her child for #50,000 or even any amount. #50k that's not even up to $100. And, a more useless woman will agree to buy another person's child. Why do people even buy kids these days? If you need a child or you have a child to give up for adoption, then you can simply go to the appropriate and government licensed adoption agencies. How hard is that? Only people with evil intentions will cut corners to buy kids.

Lies! They know the buyer. No woman, especially an African woman, will hand over her child like that, even if she hates the child or she's poor to the core.
Even though I detest what has happened here, unfortunately the Nigerian adoption laws seem designed to frustrate would be adoption parents.

A single friend of mine was prevented from adopting a child legally because she was not married. Sometimes people have to tip those in charge to get a particular baby out of those available.

I wish government can do more with respect to this. They should set a standard open to all

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2021
DCatt:
Stop projecting Igbos skull culture to others.

You have a tradition of dancing with dozens of skulls and wear skulls in your clothes aside cannibalism, so how are you not the skull people?

You have more relationship with skull than anyone in the world, infact you should be called a skull tribe.

Igbos never live in denial of any accusations una carry give them, but why una no dey gree una skull minning reality. Pray me thus, can you confidently walk around your neighbourhood in the night?
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by DCatt: 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
The only reason we can't walk around even during the day is Igbos. The crime in Nigeria will reduce by 90% if every region controls their police and not have igbo police who are armed robbers in the night everywhere, FACT!
inspirator1:

Igbos never live in denial of any accusations una carry give them, but why una no dey gree una skull minning reality. Pray me thus, can you confidently walk around your neighbourhood in the night?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Ushiepasch: 9:36am On Dec 20, 2021
Some women don sell their soul to devil.if u can’t feed yourself pls don’t allow anyone to force u into marriage. Nigerians believe in if u marry doors will happen. We believe in many nonsense. Use ya head
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by JOAN11(f): 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
I knew it'll be Biafrans angry
Re: Police Arrest Couple For Selling Their Baby For N50,000 In Ogun by Ochelyko1: 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2021
Insidenaija:

source: https://newspremises.com.ng/police-arrest-couple-for-selling-their-baby-for-n50000-in-ogun/

Why will Nigeria police not do what they are ask to do? If they wish to sell their Baby how is dat ur business? Is it not their Baby? And both of them agreed to sell it! Have u ask them why they chose to sell their Baby? If a man can't feed himself and his wife then he can do what ever he likes with his new born baby as long as he didn't killed the Baby that's when it becomes a crime.

They are hunger in the land and everyone is trying and fighting for survival.

Now that u have arrested the couple now what do u want them to do now? The money they don't have was the reason they are selling their baby out so u now want them to bail their self with the money? Then if finally u returned the baby will u people give them money to take care of the baby?

Common sense is not common.

Nigeria police please do what ur job description says u should do don't go about causing more problems to the already problem masses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Stabs Lover To Death, Flees Ogun Community / World's Police In Technological Arms Race With Nigerian Mafia / Kaduna Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin And 8 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.