Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes (1036 Views)

We Want Christian Court — Bauchi CAN Tells Constitution Review Committee / Alleged N150bn fraud: Why Ex-Abia Gov., Orji, sons can’t travel outside country / Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by ArewaNorth: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
2023 Presidency: Why we dragged ex-Gov Orji Kalu to court — Bauchi Indigenes

Two Bauchi State indigenes have dragged a former governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzo Kalu, before the Bauchi State High Court.

The Bauchi indigenes said the senator’s failure to declare for the 2023 presidency was responsible for their action.

Addressing a press conference in Bauchi, the plaintiffs, Aliyu Ladan and Lawan Abdullahi, informed that they had an agreement with Kalu to contest the presidency under the platform of APC in 2023 but he was being reluctant to declare his interest.

The plaintiffs said they know Kalu’s capacity, which is why they want him to be Nigeria’s next president, adding that only a strategic thinker like the former Abia State governor could rescue the country from its current parlous state.

They added that they approached the court, presided over by Justice Mohammed A Sambo, to compel the Senate Chief Whip to not only respect the agreement they had with him but also to declare his interest to run in the 2023 general election as a presidential candidate.

“We know his capacity to change the scenario; his capacity to change things from negative to positive. He had done it in Abia State. Despite its challenges, Kalu turned the people of Abia into good persons in Nigeria.

“As a result of his laudable achievements and leadership capacity, we entered into an agreement with him last 2nd February 2021 that he will contest for president but he is reluctant to declare his interest.

“Kalu is a person with all the capacity and capability to change the narratives of the nation. He is a man of purpose and foresight, a mentor to many citizens, a dynamic Nigerian, an advocate of justice, a revolutionary politician, a consummate administrator, master strategist. In fact, he is a blessing not only to Igbo but entire all Nigerians.

“We are in court because we want the court to respect our agreement for contesting as President of Nigeria. We want the court to compel Kalu to declare his interest to run in the 2023 general election as a presidential candidate under the platform of APC or any other party.

We want the court to direct Kalu to commence preparation and put all the necessary machinery in place for the purpose of contesting as a presidential candidate,” the plaintiffs said.

According to the duo, many credible groups across the six geopolitical zones of the country were drumming support for Kalu to vie for the 2023 presidency, noting that they found the former governor worthy to lead Nigeria and deliver good governance to the country.

They asserted that Kalu’s credibility, honesty and capacity to deliver endeared him to all Nigerians, adding that, “Kalu has deep relationships with all Nigerians across divides and he has never disappointed in any of these relations.

“He knows many Nigerians and has so many businesses across North and Southern parts of the country for decades and has never disappointed anybody in terms of buying and selling because he is a man of his words a trustworthy.

“We find him worthy because we know whatever he says he will do, he does and whatever he says he will not do, he will not do it. He is sincere to Nigerians, and Nigerians are always sincere to him.”

They, however, urged the ruling All Progressives Congress to commence the process of adopting him as its sole presidential candidate, declaring that Kalu’s managerial skill, experience, and national appeal put him in the best position to rule Nigeria in 2023.

Meanwhile, they informed that while their case against the former governor had been adjourned to 27th January 2022 for hearing, Justice Sambo had ordered them to serve Kalu with the originating summons in the suit, marked BA/331/2021, in Abuja outside the jurisdiction of the court.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/19/2023-presidency-why-we-dragged-ex-gov-orji-kalu-to-court-bauchi-indigenes/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by BigSarah(f): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2021
OUK 2023

INSHA ALLAH

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by TheStakeHolder(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
okay
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by NNtv(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2021
Someone should please drag me to court

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by PrinceOfLagos: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2021
Orji uzor Kalu is genuinely loved in the north

Meanwhile somewhere in Lagos , Na beggers and mad people dey support Tinubu

See the man's cap below
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by NewsForYou: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
Tr
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Fasindo: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
shocked

Bauchi Gida

Let me also prepare on how to sue Zainab for not honouring our agreement of her coming to my house yesterday at Fadamada, Bauchi state

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by favor914: 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
BigSarah:
OUK 2023

INSHA ALLAH
One of the few Igbo men I will support for President, but inside minolta, I know APC is giving the slot to aYoruba Christian.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by favor914: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Meanwhile somewhere in Lagos , Na beggers and mad people dey support Tinubu grin grin
Na them be the majority of the electorate in Nigeria, have you ever voted in your life for any candidate that won any election?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by PrinceOfLagos: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2021
favor914:
Na them be the majority of the electorate, have you ever voted in your life for any candidate that won any election?
So it's mad people that decides the political direction of Nigeria grin

No wonder trump said naija s a shithole

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by favor914: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

So it's mad people that decides the political direction of Nigeria grin

No wonder trump said naija s a shithole
Mr Man, you are not stable minded & civilized as people, if you were it would have been Visa free to G7 Nations.

At least we give small props to the Oyibo man for giving your ancestors a little bit of enlightenment & civilization.

Democrazy is not for animals, I believe Mr Trump was only making a mockery of you as a black man, or are your parents not Nigerians?.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Afamsi: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mek nollywood producers dey meet this man for scripts na. Am seeing great potential in him
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Jack005(m): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
BigSarah:
OUK 2023

INSHA ALLAH
jobless kid, always on nairaland fooling yourself.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Vistra40: 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
favor914:
One of the few Igbo men I will support for President, but inside minolta, I know APC is giving the slot to aYoruba Christian.

Is what is happening pointing to that fact? Some reports say the governors are rooting for one among them. If it’s SW then it’s Fayemi they are rooting for
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Danjikanbauchi: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
BigSarah:
OUK 2023

INSHA ALLAH
OUK will never fail them.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Danjikanbauchi: 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
grin grin
PrinceOfLagos:
Orji uzor Kalu is genuinely loved in the north

Meanwhile somewhere in Lagos , Na beggers and mad people dey support Tinubu

See the man's cap below
grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by sweetonugbu: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2021
Jokers
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by kettykin: 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2021
but can this man turn the tides of Nigeria around , i know he is a very successful business man, Former Governor, Senator etc a good networker etc, but can he turn Nigeria around for good or will he be overwhelmed by the problems of Nigeria as Buhar is currently
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Vistra40: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
kettykin:
but can this man turn the tides of Nigeria around , i know he is a very successful business man, Former Governor, Senator etc a good networker etc, but can he turn Nigeria around for good or will he be overwhelmed by the problems of Nigeria as Buhar is currently

This country is a very complex one for anybody to govern. However, he didn’t perform well as governor and I wonder if he will perform as president
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by SweetiliciousD: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Only in the Zoo
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
By now Igbos in this forum should have known their real enemy...

Igbos No. 1 enemy in Nigeria is Yoruba.. 95% of all these usernames casting IGBOS here are Yorubas.

They said that OUK or ROCHAS are unqualified but if another good performed Igbo leader should declear his intention to run 2023 presidential race, they will still cast the person.

On last presidential election northerners never attacked Igbo dominated zone for voting their choice, Only yoruba did that.

Any Igbo that still sees Northerners as thier No1 enemy na mumu.

Igbos should learn how to support their own.. No politician is a saint.

Copied
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by kettykin: 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
I am igbo bro and I see a very bloody revolution breeding that will be 10,000 times more intense than the End Sars , that will sweep across the lenght and breadth of the North , East , parts of South South (i dont know about South West) , it will start as a protest against insecurity and culminate as a revolution and then end up with a National conference that will decide the way forward for Nigeria and allow those opting out to opt out peacefully, i just pray an igbo man will not be the president when that happens
Re: 2023 Presidency: Why We Dragged Ex-gov Orji Kalu To Court — Bauchi Indigenes by kettykin: 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
Vistra40:

This country is a very complex one for anybody to govern. However, he didn’t perform well as governor and I wonder if he will perform as president
if it is based on how well a Governor performed that would be nice , some Governors are already building Airports creating thousands of Jobs , Airlines, sea ports with basically no federal Goverment help but these Governors dont have the financial muscle to get to the presidency

(1) (Reply)

PDP On The Rise, APC Be Warned / APC Change(photo) / Official commissioning of World class hospital built by Emeka Okwuosa(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.