Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions (582 Views)

First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 / "No More International Transactions!" Did You Receive This? / How Much Is Dollar To Naira Rate Today (black Market) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions by DatsAll1mSayin(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
Good afternoon everyone.

So I'm a little curious. The finance gurus in the house should please educate us.

The present official dollar to naira rate is NGN410.16. But if you want to make international transactions, say for instance using a Barter debit card, you are charged a black market rate of about NGN570.00.

That means I am paying an extra of NGN159.84 on the official rate. That's about 38.97% increase on the official rate. That is absolutely ludicrous.

Is Barter or my Government fleecing me? Someone should please help explain because the rate at which we are going in this country one thousand naira will not be able to buy one loaf of bread.

Are there also other options of making international transactions at a cheaper rate.

Thank you.

Mods please help push to front page so we can learn.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions by Pierocash(m): 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
Barter uses Flutterwave. Flutterwave payment system is expensive. I don't try barter at all,they will rip you off
Re: Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions by DatsAll1mSayin(m): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
Pierocash:
Barter uses Flutterwave. Flutterwave payment system is expensive. I don't try barter at all,they will rip you off

What other payment options are available asides flutterwave?
Re: Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions by Pierocash(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
DatsAll1mSayin:

What other payment options are available asides flutterwave?
this is not what I will be disclosing here
Re: Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions by gistray: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2021
Pierocash:
this is not what I will be disclosing here

You're really an imbebehind

Company that doesn't belong to your father is what you can't disclose?

You don't want the company to have more customers or the company actually belongs to your family that have sworn to be unfortunate
Re: Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions by Pierocash(m): 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2021
gistray:

You're really an imbebehind

Company that doesn't belong to your father is what you can't disclose?

You don't want the company to have more customers or the company actually belongs to your family that have sworn to be unfortunate
you are an idiot,and a dimwit.

If you don't know that Nairaland has rules that doesn't permit that,then you are the most idiotic and imbecilic fellow on Earth.

Ewu
Re: Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions by gistray: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2021
Pierocash:
you are an idiot,and a dimwit.

If you don't know that Nairaland has rules that doesn't permit that,then you are the most idiotic and imbecilic fellow on Earth.

Ewu

Say the name of the company or shatap your trap

(1) (Reply)

Xend Finance: Africa's First Crypto Bank Thread / How To Sell More Products With Facebook Ads / Thrift Kitchenwares And Glasswares At Affordable Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.