Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,056 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

To Know Or Experience God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Know Or Experience God (149 Views)

How To Experience God's Comfort / Believing What God Believes- "A Must Read For All Who Want To Experience God." / How To Experience God's Prosperity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Know Or Experience God by MyCatholicLife: 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2021

It must be your constant goal to know God. Study of Scripture, the teachings of the Church, and the lives of the saints all help in this endeavor. But knowing God is not the ultimate goal of life. Knowledge comes from faith and faith is a gift from God. But being fully united to God in charity is of far greater importance. They are not opposed, but they are not the same. In fact, at times the Lord will darken one’s mind and not even allow it to understand Him so that He can, instead, transform the will so that this holy soul will choose Him and live a life of charity even in the darkness of faith. This is a deep mystery (See Diary #1697).

Are there times when you feel as though you cannot understand God or His ways? Do you experience a cloudy vision and dimmed intellect? If so, this may be a grace of far greater value than you know. It is in these moments, especially, that God invites you to love and to choose His Will despite the fog that appears to have set in. Choose His Will and live charity even when it does not make perfect sense to you and the Lord will bring forth much Mercy through you.

Lord, I thank You for the times of clarity in life. But even when my mind seems darkened and confused, I submit to Your holy Will. Help me to love You and others in those moments so that my life may be a living instrument of Your pure Mercy. Jesus, I trust in You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4H7yT9qPkI
Re: To Know Or Experience God by Dukio: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
Interesting

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seeds Of Destiny Daily Devotional 22 December 2021 -what Have You In The House? / A Brief Exposè On The Controversial Issue Of Tithe / Today's Devotionals For Wednesday 29th December 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.