Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

If You're Using These Mobile Phones, Are You Still Receiving Whatsapp Update? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If You're Using These Mobile Phones, Are You Still Receiving Whatsapp Update? (865 Views)

Which Is The Fastest Browser You're Using At The Moment / If You're Using This To Charge Your Phone, Stop Immediately / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You're Using These Mobile Phones, Are You Still Receiving Whatsapp Update? by temitayo315(m): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
Few months back, WhatsApp announced that it will not support update for some mobile phones like iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, Samsung galaxy trend II, and many more mobile phone listed below starting from November.

The Facebook-owned messaging App will no longer support Android phones that are running on version 4.0.3 or lower, and Apple iPhones that are running on iOS 9 or older starting from November 1st 2021.

The year is almost running to an end, if you have any of these phones listed below, do you still use it for WhatsApp?

Samsung

Galaxy trend lite
Galaxy trend II
Galaxy S II
Galaxy S3 mini
Galaxy xCover 2
Galaxy core
Galaxy Ace 2

Sony

Xperia S
Xperia Miro
Xperia Neo L

iPhone

iPhone 6s
iPhone SE
iPhone 6s plus
iPhone 4

Others include, Huawei Ascend, LG Optimus, Lenovo A820 and several others.

see full list

Source: https://teetaryo.com/list-of-phones-that-will-not-support-whatsapp-from-nov-2021/
Re: If You're Using These Mobile Phones, Are You Still Receiving Whatsapp Update? by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
Why do you want to know?
Re: If You're Using These Mobile Phones, Are You Still Receiving Whatsapp Update? by temitayo315(m): 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
Why do you want to know?
undecided undecided

I'm particularly concerned about iPhone 6, one of my sister is using it and she's still using WhatsApp on it. I want to know if other phone brand are also using it. Maybe WhatsApp have blocked them.
Re: If You're Using These Mobile Phones, Are You Still Receiving Whatsapp Update? by Ola17: 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
temitayo315:
undecided undecided

I'm particularly concerned about iPhone 6, one of my sister is using it and she's still using WhatsApp on it. I want to know if other phone brand are also using it. Maybe WhatsApp have blocked them.

WhatsApp will cut support for iPhones running iOS 9 and earlier versions. iPhone 6 supports iOS 12. Even iPhone 5 will still run WhatsApp for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Best 8G ROM Phones( Need Recommendation) / Iphone Vs Samsung Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 12 Is Coming!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.