Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) (22046 Views)

New Priests In Benue Celebrate First Mass In IDP Camp Over Herdsmen Attacks / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by orazx: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2021
Godispeace:
Small time now dem go carry amadiora god of thunder enter church in the name of cultural service. this igbo people with religion hypocrisy ehn !!!

Tribalism, I can smell hates in your head..
People like you will disobey your parents but kneel and worship your G.Os

Keep hating the church of Christ..

Glory Be To Jesus.

I come in Peace..

5 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by aspabay(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2021
aryzgreat:

[s]Shut up and say no more abominable words.

What do u know about idolatry?

Bc normal incense used is now used in our local earthen pot, it became idolatry.

Shut up[/s]

It is idolatry. Simple

The spirit of the last days is in operation in the Catholic church as much as in many other churches.
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by InoGetJoy: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2021
Godispeace:
Small time now dem go carry amadiora god of thunder enter church in the name of cultural service. this igbo people with religion hypocrisy ehn !!!
Your own case is madness. You'll soon get heart attack on top Igbo people's matter

4 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by aryzgreat: 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2021
Testimony1988:
hmmmmm, I still not agree with that, it was not part of what the church was created, the main aim of the church is to preach the undiluted Word of God to sinners and backsliders.

And the church is still doing that.

How do u convert the pagan when you make him blv everything including his culture are bad.

A traditional worshipper seeing same drum he beat, used to worship God will join you easily then, hear the word that will change him for ever, than when you keep telling him his drum is demonic, his ogene is satanic, his dress is evil. He will never have the opportunity to be closer to the gospel

4 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by orazx: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
mmsen:
Is this the same Catholic church that has been telling people not to use their native names? undecided

Stop smoking expired weeds...
Which Catholic Priest or Bishop told not to use your native name?

6 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
illicit:
Wait o
I can’t wait, my beans is on fire
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
aspabay:
Idolatry brought right inside a church in the name of culture.

May God have mercy on you
rubbish talk

4 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
I used to be a catholic member before my mum dragged me to deeper life during my service year. One thing I like about catholic is that, they always uphold our culture. In Onitsha, we usually do new yam celebration in church. We practicalize it by welcoming many traditional kings, native doctors, town criers etc All of which is our church members. The traditional Catholic church us custodian of culture.

Did you just say Native doctor?

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Gravatar: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
Exodora:
People will just wake up and start saying sh#t. Promote your culture as if Christianity is your culture. If y'll want to promote culture then promote African Traditional Culture and stop confusing yourselves in the name of promoting culture.

Another brainwashed fellow

The next time someone tells you merry Christmas, please do not respond, just tell them Christmas is not your culture.

3 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by jubrilELsudan: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
trutht828:

Lolz.

According to what the Holy Spirit told you or according to what your beer parlour pastors told you.

THEY PRAY TO AN IDOL WHICH THEY CALL MARY MOTHER OF JESUS YET NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE DID JESUS SAY CHRISTIANS MUST PRAY TO AND THRU MARY TO GET TO HIM.

THEY BURN INCENSE AND CHANT INCANTATIONS THAT WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY SAYING.

CATHOLIC PRIESTS LIKE FVCKING SMALL BOYS IN THE ANUS.

CATHOLIC PRIEST LIKE FVCKING THEMSELVES IN THE ANUS.

CATHOLIC NUNS LIKE DOING ASHAWO RUNS UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING MISSIONARY WORK.

ETC.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
Looks like a catholic church in one estate in Jabbi.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by illicit(m): 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
BABANGBALI:
I can’t wait, my beans is on fire

U no like roasted beans tongue
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2021
illicit:

U no like roasted beans tongue
na my gas I dey fear for
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by aryzgreat: 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
aspabay:

It is idolatry. Simple

The spirit of the last days is in operation in the Catholic church as much as in many other churches.

So Mr Idolatry what are they idolizing by infuzing their culture in worship of Almighty God.

Empty head like you, would have been shouting idolatry during the Jewish time, where they kept calabash of water at their door post for purification.

Meanwhile, your type are the worst idolaters that worship your daddy GO while disobeying your biological parents

6 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Exodora: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
Gravatar:

Another brainwashed fellow

The next time someone tells you merry Christmas, please do not respond, just tell them Christmas is not your culture.
Is Christmas your culture? Why would someone be promoting culture in the church.
There is what we call Aranaumu in my dialect "Christmas" now that is culture.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Shellsploit: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
This tradition is also done when a new catholic church is dedicated
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by okwusdaddy: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2021
Karrima:
Embrace your culture. Don't allow anyone to tell you that your culture is evil but theirs is good just because they hate you.
Its just colonial mentality that is worrying us ever since the white man came everything about us is evil.Christianinty is not even a white man's religion as Jesus was a Jew. When the Jews brought Christianity to the white man as they were pagans at that time they did not say that thier culture is evil and embraced Christianity. But when the white man brought Christianity to us we embraced Christianity and the white man's culture and said that our culture is evil.What is wrong with us.

4 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by ugwumichael(m): 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
yehim15642:
They even have a dibia in the procession..

Point out the dibia themed attire
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2021
Nice, na this kin thing oyibos go pay better money to see grin

I remember when I wear kaftan for Australia, Na so dem go stop me for road to compliment my dressing

3 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2021
My culture before yours

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Luluakim: 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Karrima:
Embrace your culture. Don't allow anyone to tell you that your culture is evil but theirs is good just because they hate you.
gbam

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by POLYGAMY: 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2021
CHRISTIANITY IS THE GREATEST SCAM OF THE CENTURY
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by POLYGAMY: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
jubrilELsudan:

THEY PRAY TO AN IDOL WHICH THEY CALL MARY MOTHER OF JESUS YET NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE DID JESUS SAY CHRISTIANS MUST PRAY TO AND THRU MARY TO GET TO HIM.

THEY BURN INCENSE AND CHANT INCANTATIONS THAT WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY SAYING.

CATHOLIC PRIESTS LIKE FVCKING SMALL BOYS IN THE ANUS.

CATHOLIC PRIEST LIKE FVCKING THEMSELVES IN THE ANUS.

CATHOLIC NUNS LIKE DOING ASHAWO RUNS UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING MISSIONARY WORK.

ETC.
IF YOU JUBRILELSUDAN DIE BELIEVING THAT CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD, YOU WILL GO TO HELL-FIRE.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Oppy2k2: 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
Inviting what they have casted out. Herbalist in the church.

End time thing
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by aspabay(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2021
aryzgreat:

So Mr Idolatry what are they idolizing by infuzing their culture in worship of Almighty God.

Empty head like you, would have been shouting idolatry during the Jewish time, where they kept calabash of water at their door post for purification.

Meanwhile, your type are the worst idolaters that worship your daddy GO while disobeying your biological parents

Falasy of irrelaveant comparison.

What they did there is idolatry, interpret it any way you like.

It is no surprise, Catholics are known for idolatrous practices.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by DLuciano: 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
ckvemgbia:
Catholic remains the foundation of Christianity
So how does this help my salvation? How does it make filled with the holy spirit? How does it add to me fellowship with God the Father Son and Holy Spirit? How does it add to my serving God in spirit and truth? How does it make it scriptural? Church is not about tradition of men nor thoughts of men but God through his son Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by jubrilELsudan: 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2021
POLYGAMY:
IF YOU JUBRILELSUDAN DIE BELIEVING THAT CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD, YOU WILL GO TO HELL-FIRE.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

YOU ARE MOST STUPID.

OMICRON FALL INSIDE YOUR ANUS.

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
ckvemgbia:
Catholic remains the foundation of Christianity

You can say that again cool

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by illicit(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2021
BABANGBALI:
na my gas I dey fear for

Omo dat gas matter ehn undecided
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by CaptainAyub: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2021
mmsen:
Is this the same Catholic church that has been telling people not to use their native names? undecided
In which juju house were you told this?
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by CaptainAyub: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
meu442u:

It isn't called high mass but rather Latin mass. There's nothing like high mass in the Catholic church.
There is oga.
Sometimes you can quickly make a Google search b4 talking in public sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / Tunde Bakare & Wife Celebrate 32nd Wedding Anniversary, Share #tb Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.