Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

meth: Buhari Or Foreign Govt Responsible. Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / meth: Buhari Or Foreign Govt Responsible. Orji (247 Views)

meth: NDLEA Sets Up Task Force To Dismantle Cartel Behind Meth / Buhari Or Jubril? Another Evidence Of Buhari's Death Resurface (PHOTO) / Nigeria: Buhari Or Jibril? The Russian Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

meth: Buhari Or Foreign Govt Responsible. Orji by NafeesaAA(f): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2021
I warned when we started accepting illicit drug trade as a way of life. But as usual, no one would listen because it was coming from me.

Now, don’t get me wrong here. I’m not trying to castigate anyone for whatever lifestyle they choose or any business they wish to indulge in. Personally, I will never willingly involve myself with anything that would break the law. On the other hand, whoever chooses that kind of lifestyle has made a choice.

However, for very good reasons, every government in the world has hard drugs as an illegal practice. Sentences against indulgence range from long spells in jail to ultimate death penalty across the globe. So, it’s a risk whoever decides to involve themselves knows exactly the awaiting penalty. Who am I then to condemn a choice one makes?

But my worry began when such known drug lords started getting highest recognitions and awards in our society. Chieftaincy titles suddenly became their obsession. They started sponsoring and dominating leadership positions in our society. Even the churches started preaching in favour of such prosperity. And suddenly, their affluence permeated our psyche as an acceptable way of life.

But somewhere else, in a popular country where they sojourn, their businesses are destroying youths of that country as drug abuse is no one’s friend.

It is now our turn and we must take the consequences of failure to call evil by its name. It is not beyond the government of that country, after thorough investigation, to have started setting up their own cartels inside our communities to market meth at the home base of the cartel destroying their country. If we diligently trace the originators of this meth in our different communities, it may lead to international partnership clandestinely carried out by the same government to pay us back in our own coins. If the brains behind the Unknown gun men menace are deeply investigated, some of them may be traced to meth cartels, hiding under the mayhem to settle scores and subsequently widen their trade.

Assuming this government in question is not even involved in this retributive justice scenario, who says you can rob Peter to pay Paul by destroying another country’s youths, as some of our nationals have been reported to have been doing in countries where they engage in illicit drug trade, and then using the proceeds to edify your own society? The Creator permits karma and He’s a very just God.

Take it from me, WHATEVER GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. Our leadership in all spheres, most painfully from our traditional leaders, succumbed to the blackmail and cash-inducement of these drug barons to destroy our values as a people. They should not pretend to be cleansing evil out of our land while still driving the vehicles bought for them by these warlords. Nobody shakes hands with a clenched fist!

Nigerians are crying for God’s help and deliverance in our communities especially with the recent rate of deaths and attacks recorded in our communities yet we have not repented from such iniquities like promoting ill gotten wealth from drugs and fraud in our communities. And we pretend to hope that God will answer us.

Oji, a social commentator, wrote in from Bariga, Lagos

1 Like

Re: meth: Buhari Or Foreign Govt Responsible. Orji by OneBulletOnly: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2021
H

(1) (Reply)

Christmas: Sanwo-olu, Anglican Archbishop Call For Unity, Peace / Nigeria: Bandits To Face Tucano Fighter Jet Deployment / Meet Tracey, The Woman Who Broke 100 Years Tradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.