Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,557 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Life After Quitting Sport Betting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Life After Quitting Sport Betting (589 Views)

Matiyasi FC, South African Club Banned For Life After Beating Opponent 59-1 / Osaze Odemwingie Becomes A Professional Golf Player After Quitting Football / Santi Cazorla Rejoins Villareal After Quitting Arsenal This Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After Quitting Sport Betting by terrezo2002(m): 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello people,
Compliments of the season. The year is coming to an end. A lot of us have our share of regrets and testimonies.
In 2009 I ventured into sport bet. Friends introduced me to it. I wanted to be rich and I thought sport bet could fulfill my desire. Thank God I didn't have a lot of money that year if not I would have lost it all in sport betting. I quit out of frustration.
After many years I decided to try again. I made some money when I started. I felt I have discovered easy way to make money until I started staking big.
I borrowed to bet. I would win and pay back the money I borrowed and then continue placing bet with what is left. I would win and lose until I lose everything again and then I borrow again.
It continued until I borrowed and thinking I would win as usual until I would lose everything. It would want to keep you moving in circles.
Now I have lost more than what I have won and I am in dept.
I want to thank God I have decided to quit forever.
I want to encourage everyone who still play this bet to stop because at the end it would end in regrets.
I know by God's grace I would recover everything I have lost and I would rejoice afterwards.
Lessons I learnt from sport betting.
1. It destroys relationship. My wife was always angry with me that I don't give her attention. I was always studying games from my phone.
2. It makes you less productive at work. I was not doing my work efficiently because I was always busy with betting.
3. It destroys good vision. You will always be having thoughts of winning big and thinking of what you want to do with the money.
4. It makes one go into dept. It makes you believe you can win your money back if you borrow. It is not always favourable.
5. It brings fear, anxiety and worry. If you stake a team to win and they are losing or you stake over 2.5 and no goal in the 70th minute, you begin to worry and become afraid of losing your money.
6. You lose your health. It can cause high blood pressure when you are always anxious and sad.
7. It destroys your relationship with God. Money becomes your God. You see the betting as what will help you and not God. You only call upon God to help you win and not for anything else.
8. It makes you regret and end in shame. Because of constant losing, you run into dept to the extent you cannot pay back. You then begin to run away and hide from your creditors.
9. It makes one unhappy and sorrowful. When your hopes keeps failing. You hope to win certain amount of money only for one or two games dashing that hope makes you sad.
10. It gives one a bad name. You have names like gambler, useless person, deptor, addict, failure, fustrated person, shameful, etc.
11. Lastly, it opens you up to diverse temptations. Youz will be tempted to borrow; use people's money to stake; steal; sell your properties and so on. You are tempted to always come back to stake even after quitting when you see people winning or discover a new strategy. Do not fall for it. The spirit of greed knows how it lures people.

My people, sport betting is gambling. It destroys both the body and soul. It doesn't end well with those who bet. It makes people miserable in life and turn people away from their destiny. You may be winning now but I tell you the days of losing are coming. The spirit of greed behind it wants to keep you in its cage that's why you win and lose. You cannot win the spirit unless you dine with the spirit and that's like dinning with the devil which also doesn't end well. I know many great minds sport betting has made useless in this life.
Break free now and turn to God. Get into year 2022 a free person.
Share your story of life after quitting sport betting

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
Shift
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by terrezo2002(m): 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Shift
You have a great destiny. It is not in betting
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by Solofresh2: 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
Your points are valid
Congratulations
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
Very apt!
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by HornyTave: 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2021
terrezo2002:
You have a great destiny. It is not in betting
hehehe you know weda e don use the destiny stake handicap?
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by terrezo2002(m): 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2021
HornyTave:

hehehe you know weda e don use the destiny stake handicap?
Ha ha ha
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by uthlaw: 10:56pm On Dec 20, 2021
No b lie but still de sustained so many niggas for hood as job no dey!
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by adaperry25: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2021
betting is a vice..but its a source of living to some people
Re: Life After Quitting Sport Betting by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2021
You borrowed from loan sharks to bet.

(1) (Reply)

Ndidi, Iwobi, Troost-ekong, Iheanacho Five Others Arrive, 23 Players Now In Camp / What If This Was Ronaldo? / 1hr To Match Free Bet9ja 3odds Minimum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.