Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? (374 Views)

Santa Claus Spotted At Oka Market In Benin City Sharing Onions. (video) / What Happened To La Casera? / The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? by Grizzly20: 9:12am On Dec 22, 2021
It's yet another season to celebrate Christmas.

Growing up we all remember the joys we felt when this period approaches. We always look forward to spending time with family, friends and loved ones.
And there was also this tradition when we shared food items (mostly cooked food) with neighbors but that tradition seems non-existent.

Sometimes I wonder what could be the cause of the decline.
Could it be the fact that the economy has been harsh on everyone and we all feel the need to conserve the little we have or could it be tendencies of been overly religious and always thinking our neighbors might have added some spiritual sediments in order to harm us?

Well, as for you guys do you still share food during the Christmas period and do you still accept food shared during this period?
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? by neonly: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2021
Bi like say u no dey Nigeria when people are trying to survive dis hardship u dey talk sharing
All men fir himself oooo dat what d current government has reduce us to

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? by Laggafin: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2021
Buharis economy made it go extinct
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? by Kriss216: 9:41am On Dec 22, 2021
Buhari happened, my brother.

Even Salah meat wey I dey see collect from my former landlord before, I no dey see any meat again.

Buhari's incompetence reach every sector for this country.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? by Grizzly20: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2021
Kriss216:
Buhari happened, my brother.

Even Salah meat wey I dey see collect from my former landlord before, I no dey see any meat again.

Buhari's incompetence reach every sector for this country.
Lol!!! E be things.
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Sharing During Christmas? by observanc1: 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
This reminds me of when i was growing up in the minna. Xmas was usually looked up to. That day, see rice from everywhere. Taste this one, taste that one.
My mum would feed us and ask us not to eat outside. For where? Any house u storm, they will bring rice and we will eat, and they share us money. Wow, good old days.
During sallah, our hausa neighbours will gift us tuwon shinkafa (rice poundo) with sweet soup.
Reminesces.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get R1d Of Cockroaches, Wall Gecko / N5.50 Tamper Proof At Pocket Friendly / How To Make Plant Based Cheese Burger Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.