Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

What Is Wrong With My Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Wrong With My Car? (1398 Views)

What Is Wrong With Your Car In Ibadan---ibadan Car Problems Solution Thread / What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? / What Is Wrong With This Tyre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With My Car? by LalaSnakeLala(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2021
My car stopped moving forward even though it accelerates. So I took it to a mechanic shop and he told me I needed to service the gear. He bought new oil and gear filter and after fixing them the car started working fine.

But not quite after an hour I noticed that the car has stopped moving normal again. It will accelerate high but won't move fast. Sometimes it jerks and moves very fast and then stops again. I also took note of a burning smell.

Please what could be the fault? I'm scared of taking it to the same mechanic again.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by Zidoh(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2021
LalaSnakeLala:
My car stopped moving forward even though it accelerates. So I took it to a mechanic shop and he told me I needed to service the gear. He bought a new oil and gear filter and after fixing it the car started working fine.

But not quite after an hour I noticed that the car has stopped moving normal again. It will accelerate high but won't move fast. Sometimes it jerks and moves very fast and then stops again. I also took note of a burning smell.

Please what could be the fault? I'm scared of taking it to the same mechanic again.

Guess it Lexus grin
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by LalaSnakeLala(m): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
Zidoh:
Guess it Lexus grin
No, Solara v6.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by Dozieson(m): 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
LalaSnakeLala:

No, Solara v6.

Hmmmmm.
What is the year if manufacture?
Which oil was used for service?
Have you scan the car?
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by LalaSnakeLala(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dozieson:

Hmmmmm.
What is the year if manufacture?
Which oil was used for service?
Have you scan the car?
I think it's the 1999/2000 model. As for the oil used in servicing the engine it's Mobil. But I don't know what oil the mechanic used for the gear.
The car will reverse but won't drive.

Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by sultaan(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
You can try to flush the transmission with the proper fluid because your mechanic usually put the wrong fluid in there.

But since it stopped moving initially to should put money aside for a used transmission, and this is a very slippery slope in Nigeria
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by LalaSnakeLala(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
sultaan:
You can try to flush the transmission with the proper fluid because your mechanic usually put the wrong fluid in there.

But since it stopped moving initially to should put money aside for a used transmission, and this is a very slippery slope in Nigeria
Any idea how much it would cost?
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Have you taken your car for a proper diagnosis?
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by LalaSnakeLala(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
Have you taken your car for a proper diagnosis?
That's what I really want to do. Unfortunately, I can't drive it.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
I'm not sure how realistic it is that your car may still have catalytic converter in it's exhaust but if it does, there may be a blockage. But this can only be one of many other reasons why car won't accelerate properly.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I'm not sure how realistic it is that your car may still have catalytic converter in it's exhaust but if it does, there may be a blockage. But this can only be one of many other reasons why car won't accelerate properly.
Where is the vehicle right now

(1) (Reply)

Is A Mercedes Benz A Good Start For A Traveller / How Good Is The Acura ZDX / Toyota Corolla 2009 Spare Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.