Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines (18426 Views)

South Africa Sells Off Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine, Places Fresh Order From Pfizer / BUA Purchases 1 Million Doses Of Astrazeneca COVID-19 Vaccines For Nigeria / Okonjo Iweala: Nigeria Might Get COVID-19 Vaccines From January 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by yesloaded: 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by omohayek: 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
eyongaplaedet:
Received the first doze today, and guess what! I'm fucking down in health right now... I hated maself for making such decision... I actually love been natural. I mean completely natural...
Is your mobile phone "natural"? Is the internet "natural"? What about soap, is that "natural"? And while you're at it, you might as well give up toothpaste too, as that isn't "natural"? I also hope you won't waste the time of any doctors in the future, as all they'll be able to offer for any plights you may have are "unnatural" medications and "unnatural" surgeries ... Better safe than sorry and stick to the "all natural" babalowos!

Anybody who thinks there's something wonderful about "natural" immunity to COVID is too clueless to be trusted even with walking and chewing gum at the same time, let alone handling adult responsibilities. The only reason far more Nigerians aren't dropping dead of a disease most want to pretend doesn't exist is that COVID mostly affects older people, and the median Nigerian age is only 18. Combine that with extremely low testing, and you have the ingredients for the current situation in which semi-literates prattle on with their ridiculous conspiracies about free vaccines billions around the world have been begging to buy for over a year now. Most Nigerians have such low expectations after decades of utterly worthless governance that they can't wrap their heads around anything "free" being worthwhile.

2 Likes

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by BanevsJoker(m): 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
Guyman02:
One million lives saved by this action of destroying those Trojan horse gift called vaccines about to expire, Covid is now an endemic disease like malaria in Africa, we contract it and treat it as acute malaria, you get cured and develop herd immunity.

With 2% Vaccination, there's far less hospitalization than Europe which is using all draconian rules to force their people to get vaccinated.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by ObongIdeas: 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
Make the vaccination process easier then people will come our enmass
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Kubernetes: 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2021
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Engrr(m): 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2021
SwissMass:
Learn to read, the federal government didn't buy the vaccines, it was donated to them by some countries when it was about to expire

What stopped them from giving other countries that need them before they expire or is it forbidden for us to help others?... Must we always be the ones to be helped
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by descarado: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
For the first time, I applaud this govt.
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
How are we sure they destroyed them......one may not be surprised these same expired drugs will flood the market next year!
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by descarado: 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
Engrr:

What stopped them from giving other countries that need them before they expire or is it forbidden for us to help others?... Must we always be the ones to be helped
Fed govt wanted to buy from China. Their colonial master blocked it and said they will provide. Okay provide now, they didn't until the millions they stored were about to expire, they now shipped everything down here.
Go and read lai Muhammed report on it when the news came out last month. Fed govt pleaded and was ready to pay.

It was BBC that first carried the news if I can remember that we allowed vaccines worth millions to waste away making Nigeria look guilty.
Lai decided to open their nyash.
For those that think the West isn't our problem in Nigeria.
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by ScamDemicEra: 10:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
eyongaplaedet:
Received the first doze today, and guess what! I'm fucking down in health right now... I hated maself for making such decision... I actually love been natural. I mean completely natural...
Whatever you don't go further than that one dose. You may be lucky, it could be a placebo.
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by nedekid: 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2021
eyongaplaedet:
You made the right decision. By tomorrow you will be OK. Take paracetamol.
I took my 2nd dose 6 months ago and got the booster last week.
Atedo peterside revealed today he tested positive but asymptomatic. Ie no ill effect cos he was prepared. Imagine if he was unprotected. Who knows it could have gone anyway.
Dont be discouraged. You did the right thing.
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by hardbody: 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2021
lomprico:
Jab takers how far?

Someone said those jabbed are waiting for those not jabbed to die, while those not jabbed are waiting for those jabbed to die. Its a waiting game here in 9ja
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Lucas4903: 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
SwissMass:
Learn to read, the federal government didn't buy the vaccines, it was donated to them by some countries when it was about to expire

You get time to dey answer them. They are just bittered and negative about everything.

1 Like

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by gazza07(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
That vaccine was a gift, bought by Bill gate foundation and dashed out to poor African nations which Nigeria is number one as world poor capital. Tomorrow, buhari led govt will tell you that they lost trillions from expiration of the vaccine. Just wait and observe

2 Likes

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by erico2k2(m): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
Guyman02:
One million lives saved by this action of destroying those Trojan horse gift called vaccines about to expire, Covid is now an endemic disease like malaria in Africa, we contract it and treat it as acute malaria, you get cured and develop herd immunity.

With 2% Vaccination, there's far less hospitalization than Europe which is using all draconian rules to force their people to get vaccinated.
You lot will come online and type absolute craaaaaaap and think you make sense!

1 Like

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by ejimatic: 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-destroys-over-one-million-expired-covid-19-vaccines
Because of our carelessness vacines expired in Nigeria when many did not want them.In UK and America they are giving teenagers the vaccines now. What a country!
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by KBARBIE(f): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
GonzalezAguero:

It's either you are decieving yourself so as to paint the vaccine wrong..or you are being truthful which I guess not..

He's actually right, the vaccine makes one sick at first then you get better. Some close people of mine who has taken it felt same way too.

1 Like

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Corea4king(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
I don't believe this people. Drugs will stay like 2 to 3 years before It will expire.Am not a medical partitioner but these I have noticed when buying drugs. Although, I stand to be corrected before Amebo people will come with their oversabi.

2 Likes

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by FirmTR(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Expired?!

Which day covid come this world?

Exactly wetin come my mind.

When them produce the drug wey e don expire now?
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by TheOmoney(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Expired?!

Which day covid come this world?

Dem been prepare the drugs dey wait for COVID-19 b4 e exist grin
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Bastard1stborn: 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ori yin buru, e ti ri fi dinrin

Just look at this people, are they normal at all? I don't think so.

My dad said they sold some of it to some part of East and West Africa. If I vex I will mention those you handled the delivery.

We go all craze together very soon and that man for Aso go move!!!
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by clothingonline(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
Why not share to private hospitals early 60 days b4 expiry
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Krismas(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2021
omohayek:

Is your mobile phone "natural"? Is the internet "natural"? What about soap, is that "natural"? And while you're at it, you might as well give up toothpaste too, as that isn't "natural"? I also hope you won't waste the time of any doctors in the future, as all they'll be able to offer for any plights you may have are "unnatural" medications and "unnatural" surgeries ... Better safe than sorry and stick to the "all natural" babalowos!

Anybody who thinks there's something wonderful about "natural" immunity to COVID is too clueless to be trusted even with walking and chewing gum at the same time, let alone handling adult responsibilities. The only reason far more Nigerians aren't dropping dead of a disease most want to pretend doesn't exist is that COVID mostly affects older people, and the median Nigerian age is only 18. Combine that with extremely low testing, and you have the ingredients for the current situation in which semi-literates prattle on with their ridiculous conspiracies about free vaccines billions around the world have been begging to buy for over a year now. Most Nigerians have such low expectations after decades of utterly worthless governance that they can't wrap their heads around anything "free" being worthwhile.
grin Very preposterous submission! Why should u pretend every unnatural invention is safe? U say, is internet safe? I say is bomb safe? Are guns safe? If u say the median age is 18yrs does that rule out the fact that there are actually OLD PEOPLE in Nigeria? Then why are these old people not dropping and dying? grin Covid na scam, dats the conclusion of the whole matter. SCAMdemic is not conspiracy THEORY but conspiracy PRACTICAL
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by socialmediaman: 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
Guyman02:

There have been many deaths in Nigeria since 2020 but many of us didn’t notice because we don’t have value for life in Nigeria. Covid symptoms are similar to malaria symptoms so I suspect people have been treating Covid with malaria medicine. Covid has been seen to have long term effects on the respiratory organs so I think it’s risky to depend on natural immunity to fight when a vaccine is available.
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Krismas(m): 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
Randy100:
Nigeria refused to take the vaccine.
grin And are they worse-off for doing so?
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Krismas(m): 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
erico2k2:

You lot will come online and type absolute craaaaaaap and thin you make sense!
grin Pls make sense for once!
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by TheOgaBoss: 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
TheOmoney:

Dem been prepare the drugs dey wait for COVID-19 b4 e exist grin
COVID-19 has been on for about 2 yrs now,
Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by observanc1: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
SwissMass:
u lie, the vaccines were supplied in good time, but some people refused to take the jab -brainwashing, ultra stupidity etc.

1 Like

Re: FG Destroys Over 1 Million Expired AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines by Nmezor(f): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hmmm, am I sure I will take the jab again tomorrow... Thinking out loud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Hangs Himself In Daura, Katsina / COVID-19 Update For September 11 2020 In Nigeria - (1,904 Tested) / 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.