Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

About Understanding Nigerians' "Fufu" Attitude - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / About Understanding Nigerians' "Fufu" Attitude (201 Views)

Attitude, Workplace Productivity And Personal Effectiveness / Attitude, Workplace Productivity And Personal Effectiveness / Workshop On Attitude Workplace Productivity & Personal Effectiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About Understanding Nigerians' "Fufu" Attitude by chris2h(m): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
You know, I'm astounded at several patterns of behavior that are supposedly idiosyncratic to Nigerians.
Let me give a few examples so you get the point.

The Guidance and Counselling UNILAG (sorry guys) graduate who thinks the world revolves around Lagos Island. Yet she has to keep the space between her legs open like the Third Mainland Bridge at midnight to wear Aso-Ebi and do Alago on Saturdays, so everybody knows she exists.

The media professional walks on the air simply because he is on retainer with an FMCG conglomerate. Nobody can challenge the guy because of his name. Unfortunately, professionalism is lacking in his dealings, and he forgets that "e get who pass you no matter who you be, and wetin you do".

The copywriter, that ran away from Nigeria simply because he couldn't stand the heat of the industry. Yet, he left behind a market of over 100 million people who won't buy his products anymore.

The Igbo Lawyer, who uses all forms of legal shenanigans to hide the criminal activities of his mates on Lagos Island. Yet his wife and children are somewhere chilling in North America.

The professional woman who castigates her sister's son for having a few misadventures in life. Yet, she is way past menopause and has no children of her own. Even adopted ones, so you can peek into her head and see how shallow her life is.

The Edo Woman, who stands by the door waiting for her Son to dis-virgin a girl. When he can't get through, she shouts: "My son use Vaseline! Use Vaseline!"

The Old Woman, who is looking for her brother's estate and plots her way to get his assets, although he has a wife and children who are all grown up.

The professional woman, who is having a midlife crisis and continues referring to the black sheep of the family, although the guy has moved on with his life.

The bitter old couple, who can't let go of the fact that one of their children shines above all others, no matter what.
Men in North-Central Nigeria, that can't sit down in a bar and talk about business and progress. The only thing they do is gossip about each other like market women selling crayfish.

I think you get the point.

While the above stories are purely fictional (mostly), they serve as a stark reminder that everywhere Nigerians go; we identify them with pointless aggression that has no basis for interaction.

The ones who have been able to channel these energies have extraordinary results. The others, though, put these energies into self-destructive behaviors that are more obvious the older they become.

Don't get me wrong.

God, the Universe, and all the forces that have providentially made us one unit have designed us with innate energy that sparks everywhere we go as a people.

It is what we do with that energy that counts.

And that is what I'm trying to say.

Regardless of what is going on in your life, you don't have to put out another person's candle to make yours shine brighter.

People rise, people fall, people make mistakes. People have a right to live the way they choose.

As long as they don't affect you, wetin consain you?

As the Warri people say: "Nor be with vex dem dey take give woman belle".

Or another favorite Warri saying of mine (My Mother is from there, so don't blame me):" Fire wey dey make noise nor dey cook soup".

And that, people, is the "Fufu" attitude many Nigerians display because they don't know where to put their God-given energies.

As usual, my name is Christopher Hamman CMP (UK).

I'm the top black writer with the most interviews in the cryptocurrency and allied technology space in the world!

You can check out our interviews here: www.e-cryptonews.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sell Silver Jewellery In Brampton / E-currency: A Summary Of All That It Entails / 7 Symptoms Of Business Failure And 4 Common Causes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.